Check your account email address ×

DOW 30,000

Snake

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh relax. I was joking.  And honest to fuck, if a retired guy like you, had your investments go south that bad today, you need a new advisor.  True story.  No fucking way you should have been down that much today.  You don't have to send me statements or values.  Send me the symbols you're invested in, and the % of each relative to your total portfolio.  A well managed fund should  be up 7-15%  ytd.  :bc: 

Most of my loss today was a tech stock that comprises an awful lot of my portfolio. 

It will probably go up again. 

I am kind of a jokester and kind of a whiner................MOSTLY A WHINER!!!!!!!!  :lol2:           :bc:

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Most of my loss today was a tech stock that comprises an awful lot of my portfolio. 

I am kind of a jokester and kind of a whiner................MOSTLY A WHINER!!!!!!!!  :lol2:           :bc:

Mostly a LIAR!!!

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Diversification man.  :bc:  Amazon was off almost 100 bucks a share today,  but its still over 3100 near its all time high.

Edited by DriftBusta

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Hey, you skinny bastid, where ya' been??????

Zambo and Sledgey are also MIA, what the fuck is goin' on!!!!

Your buddy AkIQ too...:dunno:

10 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

US Steel has taken a bath recently.  Hope you aren't holding too much?

Just under 1000 shares...I don’t mind holding that and am adding at these levels. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Anler said:

Looks like the market could actually go to 30,000 maybe later this year or early next. Based on absolutely zero fundamentals... :flush:

I took my kids college money to the sidelines but i think i need to keep the rest on the table.  Its scary as fuck.  Esp when you look at a stock like tesla.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

I took my kids college money to the sidelines but i think i need to keep the rest on the table.  Its scary as fuck.  Esp when you look at a stock like tesla.  

Over 30x times earnings when we have record unemployment, record deficits, record bankruptcies, record loan defaults... Hey look at that stock market! Its scary as fuck. Everytime I think I should get out the fed gets ready to dump some more trillions into the economy. If they start actually buying stonks, holy eff!

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Over 30x times earnings when we have record unemployment, record deficits, record bankruptcies, record loan defaults... Hey look at that stock market! Its scary as fuck. Everytime I think I should get out the fed gets ready to dump some more trillions into the economy. If they start actually buying stonks, holy eff!

yup

i need to write 20k in checks next week for the fall semester so when i was preparing for that and i saw i had enough to contribute what i said i would to the kids in the 529 so i said fuck the risk.  Might happen tomorrow or next year that the bottom drops out by I have 3 more years of school to pay for.  at least the rest  of my money i don't need for another 15 years.  

Also hedged on their student loans which i have been making payments on.   I am having my son take his this year even though he doesn't need to just in case the forgiveness happens if trump loses and the progressives get in.  One way or another I want my share.  each kid will borrow 25k or so and assuming they get a real job out of college I'll prob pay at least half off for them.  Would be good if the government paid a big chunk off before i go to.  

39 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

BIG losses the last few days. Sonofabitch, there goes my NITRO.....AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mc:

LIAR !! 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Looks like the market could actually go to 30,000 maybe later this year or early next. Based on absolutely zero fundamentals... :flush:

Yeah valuations are pretty high right now. They really weren’t in the first quarter though, despite what Ben said.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

He should mostly be in fixed income and bond funds, no?

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Fair value on the sp500 is under 2000

This is the worst bubble in the history of modern financial systems 

Oh stop it

22 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah valuations are pretty high right now. They really weren’t in the first quarter though, despite what Ben said.

Oh stop it

What is the sp500 at if PE reverts to mean?

58 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh stop it

I had them all in a fairly aggressive growth option to avoid slow growth as we got to them closer to going to school which is the natural changes of those age based funds.  i moved them to money market.  My daughters really killed it as i hadn't drawn out of hers till last august so i got more than i needed in hers to offset the fact i was a year into his with less growth.  balanced out to almost exactly what i promised to each of them all said and done.  took the money that i was paying into the funds the last 18 years and I was paying it against their student loans which i am now stopping till we see what retarded handouts we get from congress.   Never told them i have been paying it down because i don't want them thinking they are getting a free ride.  Carly will work hard regardless,  James not so much.  

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

What is the sp500 at if PE reverts to mean?

Don't know off the top of my head, but you're right many prices are way too high.  16. something% is 25 yr avg, and we're way past that now.  I'm still bouncing around about what if anything I want to put on the sidelines until after the election.  Did sell about 50 grand worth of Amazon cuz i have a stop limit order on it.  Of course it went back up again this afternoon.  :lol:  We're not supposed to time investments at all, but one of my buddies pulled to the sidelines early around 26k on the djia, jumped back in near the bottom, and he's up 50 something % ytd.  I fuckin hate him.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Not to mention the fact that we’re in a massive fucking recession and PE should be well below mean , not at record fucking highs 

How does an economy plan for a pandemic that pretty much came out of nowhere.  I'm just happy that despite all that, there is still a ton of economic activity.  Its just certain sectors that have gotten  clobbered and will take longer to recover.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

I had them all in a fairly aggressive growth option to avoid slow growth as we got to them closer to going to school which is the natural changes of those age based funds.  i moved them to money market.  My daughters really killed it as i hadn't drawn out of hers till last august so i got more than i needed in hers to offset the fact i was a year into his with less growth.  balanced out to almost exactly what i promised to each of them all said and done.  took the money that i was paying into the funds the last 18 years and I was paying it against their student loans which i am now stopping till we see what retarded handouts we get from congress.   Never told them i have been paying it down because i don't want them thinking they are getting a free ride.  Carly will work hard regardless,  James not so much.  

Getting ready for college in those 529s is just like getting ready for retirement risk wise.  z

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Don't know off the top of my head, but you're right many prices are way too high.  16. something% is 25 yr avg, and we're way past that now.  I'm still bouncing around about what if anything I want to put on the sidelines until after the election.  Did sell about 50 grand worth of Amazon cuz i have a stop limit order on it.  Of course it went back up again this afternoon.  :lol:  We're not supposed to time investments at all, but one of my buddies pulled to the sidelines early around 26k on the djia, jumped back in near the bottom, and he's up 50 something % ytd.  I fuckin hate him.  :lol: 

How does an economy plan for a pandemic that pretty much came out of nowhere.  I'm just happy that despite all that, there is still a ton of economic activity.  Its just certain sectors that have gotten  clobbered and will take longer to recover.

Getting ready for college in those 529s is just like getting ready for retirement risk wise.  z

I’m arguing the numbers.....mean PE IS 16. Typically in a recession you could be at 12-14. We’re gonna be at 25

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’m arguing the numbers.....mean PE IS 16. Typically in a recession you could be at 12-14. We’re gonna be at 25

I'm agreeing with ya.  Lets see what happens.  If nothing else, I've learned that you have to stick to the formula during times like this. Its a long term game and you have to know what your tolerance is for risk.  About the only changes i"m making to peoples money besides rebalancing, is plucking out the stocks that have stopped or cut their dividends.  I've been watching alotta discretionary stuff like airlines, cruise lines, hospitality, for deals, but also recognizing that it might be a while before they recover.