Check your account email address ×

DOW 30,000

Snake

3 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Your first prediction failed but I see it's still not stopping you from making them.

What's soon? This month? Year? Decade? 

It no longer looks like this is gonna be the year of the market drop, but does anyone really know?

The answer is a big fat no.  Timing the markets is a loser strategy.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It no longer looks like this is gonna be the year of the market drop, but does anyone really know?

The answer is a big fat no.  Timing the markets is a loser strategy.

I agree.

But let me ask this cgc how's up and down like a jackhammer. Some days close to 15% in a day. Why can't someone buy in at a low and sell as soon as it goes up 10-15%? Why wouldn't that work? 

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That is the only approach to take.  Have yet to see a winning long term plan that focuses on maximizing on the market downturns.

I used to set aside small amounts to speculate with, but don't bother anymore.  

I dont either, but I was already up on tsla about 120/share in the last couple weeks, and it popped another 65 bucks yesterday alone, so I hit the “sell” button.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I agree.

But let me ask this cgc how's up and down like a jackhammer. Some days close to 15% in a day. Why can't someone buy in at a low and sell as soon as it goes up 10-15%? Why wouldn't that work? 

Lots of day traders trying that every day.  

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I dont either, but I was already up on tsla about 120/share in the last couple weeks, and it popped another 65 bucks yesterday alone, so I hit the “sell” button.  

Sometimes you gotta hold back on what feels like a sure thing.:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Fake news junior.

nice try Vladimir 

Nope.  His DOJ.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/business/dealbook/jpmorgan-is-said-to-settle-bribery-case-over-hiring-in-china.html

Edited by Highmark

No wonder I hate the market: 

China deal signed.

CanAmEx deal signed. 

Impeachment fraud almost over.

AND THE FUKKIN MARKET TANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :wtf::wtf::wtf::mc:

32 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

No wonder I hate the market: 

China deal signed.

CanAmEx deal signed. 

Impeachment fraud almost over.

AND THE FUKKIN MARKET TANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :wtf::wtf::wtf::mc:

it's not that, they need to contain coronavirus , people aint are going out and spend their money while that crap is floating around. 

1 minute ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

it's not that, they need to contain coronavirus , people aint are going out and spend their money while that crap is floating around. 

Should that have caused the US market to tank overnight!!!!

21 hours ago, Highmark said:

Fucking A.   Amazon is up $165 a share today.  :lol:   :thumbsup::fluffy::nudie:

Drinks are on me tonight boys!

Holy shit.  I missed it.  Looks like ended up with a nice $138 gain!

:thumbsup:

20 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How can that be with a PE of over 90?

Investors expect big things I guess.  Meh, I’m probably taking profits next week.

3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

These are buying opportunities. You need to fire your current financial advisor and find a new one. 

I don't have one. I just let it sit and fester...……………….for better or worse. I hate when it tanks over nothing. It's gonna' take weeks/months to come back. 

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

I don't have one. I just let it sit and fester...……………….for better or worse. I hate when it tanks over nothing. It's gonna' take weeks/months to come back. 

You really need a financial planner.  Life will be so much better for you with a financial planner.  

17 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You really need a financial planner.  Life will be so much better for you with a financial planner.  

The thing is, I still make what everybody else makes, sometimes more, by just letting it sit. 

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

The thing is, I still make what everybody else makes, sometimes more, by just letting it sit. 

A financial planner will diversify your portfolio so you will be much less susceptible to daily market fluctuations.  Little ups and downs won't bother you much.  

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

A financial planner will diversify your portfolio so you will be much less susceptible to daily market fluctuations.  Little ups and downs won't bother you much.  

600 points is a LITTLE up and down????   :stop: