Check your account email address ×

DOW 30,000

Snake

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

A financial planner would have you aligned in a way that you wouldn't be all that concerned with the past week.  

The main issue is you will likely be in investments that are seriously lagging the overall public market during the good times and nobody will give a crap.

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The main issue is you will likely be in investments that are seriously lagging the overall public market during the good times and nobody will give a crap.

True but at 72, Znotty is well past the time in his life where he needs to grow his portfolio.  From what he said he has few if any beneficiaries.   He needs a financial adviser that can help him spend down his wealth yet not expose him to significant risk.  He is here almost daily worried about every little market fluctuation.  If he really has any money he would be smart to let someone else help him make a plan to ensure it will last the rest of his life.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

True but at 72, Znotty is well past the time in his life where he needs to grow his portfolio.  From what he said he has few if any beneficiaries.   He needs a financial adviser that can help him spend down his wealth yet not expose him to significant risk.  He is here almost daily worried about every little market fluctuation.  If he really has any money he would be smart to let someone else help him make a plan to ensure it will last the rest of his life.  

if he really had any money the 2% drops would be immaterial too them.  fuck i am tight with a buck and i rarely even look at mine.  Roll with the times i have a long way off and at 72 wont be as exposed to the market as i am today.  hopefully i'll have had my ashes spread by then.  

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Same age as my mil who has about 500k invested now.  Guess where the financial geniuses decided to put her money she told them she doesn't need but doesn't want to loose it?

Fucking GICs and not even the cashable kind.

That from from 3 seperate financial losers.  She is now making about 60k/year on that without giving away any original investment.:bc:

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Same age as my mil who has about 500k invested now.  Guess where the financial geniuses decided to put her money she told them she doesn't need but doesn't want to loose it?

Fucking GICs and not even the cashable kind.

That from from 3 seperate financial losers.  She is now making about 60k/year on that without giving away any original investment.:bc:

Well at least your MIL has someone to pass her wealth down to once she is gone.  :bc: 

PS.  60k/year on 500k is not bad.  

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well at least your MIL has someone to pass her wealth down to once she is gone.  :bc: 

x2 some are only making 12K a year on 500K around here and one of my neighborhood treat it like 2nd source of income and he gets 1K monthly direct dep from mutual funds based on 500K invested amounts. 

46 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

My son will most likely end up with it along with her house.:bc:

This same investment my own is going to be paying for my cottage, for free.

47 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

x2 some are only making 12K a year on 500K around here and one of my neighborhood treat it like 2nd source of income and he gets 1K monthly direct dep from mutual funds based on 500K invested amounts. 

My understanding is advisors get like 0.5% mers for selling GICs.  That's pathetic.

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

I have 5 beneficiaries but two of them I will not put anything in their names, due to their age. So basically three that I am leaving everything to. I am just a whiner, when it comes to the market. I make a lot, but I also lose a lot. 

I won't talk about it anymore. I'll just STFU. 

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

I have 5 beneficiaries but two of them I will not put anything in their names, due to their age. So basically three that I am leaving everything to. I am just a whiner, when it comes to the market. I make a lot, but I also lose a lot. 

I won't talk about it anymore. I'll just STFU. 

Try to live it up a little.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

if he really had any money the 2% drops would be immaterial too them.  fuck i am tight with a buck and i rarely even look at mine.  Roll with the times i have a long way off and at 72 wont be as exposed to the market as i am today.  hopefully i'll have had my ashes spread by then.  

Tight with a buck aka cheap 

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

When I say I lost money recently, how much do you think I'm talkin' about?