Check your account email address ×

DOW 30,000

Snake

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Yeah, kinda'. It's all up to the investor if they want the stress/risk for the potential gains.   

I don't recommend it to anybody. Not in America. This country is too volatile, too global, and too divided. 

The average gain of the market over many years is about 10%. 

Subtract your capital gains taxes and you're down to maybe 5-6%, for YEARS of DAILY STRESS and WORRY. 

Is it really worth it????????

And you know this , how ?

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yeah, kinda'. It's all up to the investor if they want the stress/risk for the potential gains.   

I don't recommend it to anybody. Not in America. This country is too volatile, too global, and too divided. 

Subtract your capital gains taxes and you're down to maybe 5-6%, for YEARS of DAILY STRESS and WORRY. 

Yes its worth it, and your math is wrong.  max  long term dap gains tax rates are only 30%,  average is likely 20%

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yes its worth it, and your math is wrong.  max  long term dap gains tax rates are only 30%,  average is likely 20%

For many years I only gained about 5% per year. A year of worry and stress. If I had sold during that time CAP GAINS would have brought me down to like a lousy 3% gain for years of worry and stress. 

For many years I only gained about 5% per year. A year of worry and stress. If I had sold during that time CAP GAINS would have brought me down to like a lousy 3% gain for years of worry and stress. 

So what are your alternatives that don't involve worry and stress?  Thankfully, bond funds have been performing like they should this year.  One of the few safe havens.  Bond Fund of America ftw.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

So what are your alternatives that don't involve worry and stress?  Thankfully, bond funds have been performing like they should this year.  One of the few safe havens.  Bond Fund of America ftw.

So this is what I'm looking at for my next investment.

https://www.bridgingfinance.ca/a-first-for-canada-an-indigenous-focused-fund-that-projects-8-per-cent-returns/

Edited by ArcticCrusher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

See, it's the lure of greed that I will have a big day, and make a bundle that day, that keeps me in the market, the way I am. Basically high risk, aggressive portfolio. 

I do have some days days where I make numerous dollar bills.    :ashamed:

17 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

See, it's the lure of greed that I will have a big day, and make a bundle that day, that keeps me in the market, the way I am. Basically high risk, aggressive portfolio. 

Then quit your bitching.  :bc:   My only point is that you're only on this earth for a limited number of years.  If you're not taking 5-7% of your asset balance out every year and living life with it, you're just more than likely going to leave it to your heirs.  I just bought this cruiser this week.  You should buy one too.  Ftw!

46D7619B-5A74-44D0-A79A-847CB23B17E9.jpeg

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm like closing-in on my all-time high. 

The corona sucks.

The race stuff sucks.

Money isn't everything.

Too may Americans suck.   

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'm like closing-in on my all-time high. 

The corona sucks.

The race stuff sucks.

Money isn't everything.

Too may Americans suck.   

All put together they don't suck near as much as you.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 1jkw said:

All put together they don't suck near as much as you.

I don't suck. I'm wealthy, and have a beautiful estate. 

My ATH was on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020. 

Passed it today. 

4 1/2 months, with Corona, race riots, can't complain.     :rockernana:

Horse shit 

4 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

More HORSESHIT 

4 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Ur place is a dump , you have no wealth and yes you suck!!!

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2020 at 9:55 PM, Polaris 550 said:

LIAR 

On 7/3/2020 at 10:59 PM, DriftBusta said:

Then quit your bitching.  :bc:   My only point is that you're only on this earth for a limited number of years.  If you're not taking 5-7% of your asset balance out every year and living life with it, you're just more than likely going to leave it to your heirs.  I just bought this cruiser this week.  You should buy one too.  Ftw!

46D7619B-5A74-44D0-A79A-847CB23B17E9.jpeg

I was actually just looking at one here an hour or so before you post at local dealer.

Grey, megacab, black out option......

$101k on the window!

Beautiful truck though.

5 hours ago, awful knawful said:

I was actually just looking at one here an hour or so before you post at local dealer.

Grey, megacab, black out option......

$101k on the window!

Beautiful truck though.

Thats insane

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats insane

Its completely insane, I refuse to pay that for a work vehicle. 

That truck you posted is a gas engine? 

On 7/3/2020 at 3:55 PM, Polaris 550 said:

Retirement accounts don't have a capital gains tax.  Unless you are a real baller, the long-term capital gains tax is only 15%.  Worst case 20%.  

On 7/3/2020 at 7:21 PM, DriftBusta said:

Many have thought interest rates could only go up before corona.  That's the way they were headed anyways.  When rates go down, bond prices go up.  As long as they aren't junk bonds the chance of default is pretty low, even with covid.

United States Fed Funds Rate