Check your account email address ×

Rode with a tuned 900 turbo

jtssrx

Just now, bussman said:

I feel I’m part of an intervention.  

I’m even close to suggesting Polaris to avoid the BRP dark side. :lol: 

He has been looking at Polaris too. We have a good friend who works for a large dealer network, he's a good guy to know when you have issues. And he rides Polaris too. 

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

It does and yeah I get it I'm not in this machine for the economy but I just have a thing about when I think someone is screwing me and that's what they are doing with that oil. "You HAVE to use our oil or your warranty may be void! Here it's $50" that's a fucking lie. 

Agreed.  And I got sucked into it every gallon at 50 bones a jug.  My brother ran that 3 buck a quart Castrol shit thats been sitting in the gas station shelf gathering dust, and he never had any issues.  

Just now, Anler said:

He has been looking at Polaris too. We have a good friend who works for a large dealer network, he's a good guy to know when you have issues. And he rides Polaris too. 

If I didn’t have a Cat it’d be an XCR all day. 

• Like 2

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Agreed.  And I got sucked into it every gallon at 50 bones a jug.  My brother ran that 3 buck a quart Castrol shit thats been sitting in the gas station shelf gathering dust, and he never had any issues.  

When we did our saddlebag trip last year I dumped whatever was sitting on the gas station shelf. I think I used 5 or six brands that week. Polaris, skidoo, ctec, amsoil, Phillips, klotz... No problem

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

1. The throttle is a flat out fucking joke. It doesn’t matter what mode it’s in there is throttle lag. Sport mode makes it worse as it hits so hard it’s hard to control the sled.

2. It basically runs side by side with my 850 which has a jaws pipe, 14 wide ripsaw11 with 144 triggers, and a billy howard clutch kit. We raced Wednesday on the road by the Kingston planes. He Lined up in the middle of the road on the top of the crown I had to line up to the right of him on the side of the crown I pulled hard straight into the bank with my skis in the air  I held it bounced off the bank and ran him back down and was tied right to his snow flap with my ski. I had to chuckle we told our other buddy who also has a 900 t his sled is faster than mine. 

3. My buddy who owns this had an 850 last year he was telling me how this was going to be the four stroke version of the 850 just a little bit heavier. Well it’s not a little bit heavier it doesn’t even feel like the same snowmobile and it’s in the same goddamn chassis.

Let’s just say color may not impressed I’ve never owned one of these things.

Know right where that's at.  Ride that area quite a bit :bc:

You said you're on a 129" 850, but you didn't specify what year or model? :dunno:

33 minutes ago, Anler said:

The 850 gets really good economy but 2 stroke oil is stupid expensive now, that's a big plus with the turbo not having to buy oil.  

I pay $32.99/gal for Interceptor bulk refill. That's nothing.

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

Sure but I've been out running at night hoping we make it back before I run out of oil. :lol:

Throw an extra quart in your tunnel bag. 

25 minutes ago, bussman said:

My 800 isn’t as good but my SIL went over 500 miles without putting oil in her CTEC 600. 

My '17 800 sips oil. It concerned me at first, but I was riding with a guy on a Renegade 800 Enduro and we were using the same amount.  So I knew either we're both good to go or we're both fucked :lol:   That was 3 years and thousands of miles ago :lmao:

13 minutes ago, bussman said:

I’ve been texting Vince. 

Oh boy. :lol: 

I don't see him jumping ship. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

When we did our saddlebag trip last year I dumped whatever was sitting on the gas station shelf. I think I used 5 or six brands that week. Polaris, skidoo, ctec, amsoil, Phillips, klotz... No problem

There ya go.  Of all the sled motors I’ve blown, most of the time it was more than likely do to bad gas, or water in the gas.  Oil wasn’t the issue.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

There ya go.  Of all the sled motors I’ve blown, most of the time it was more than likely do to bad gas, or water in the gas.  Oil wasn’t the issue.

I blew my 12’ up the last time because the oil cap didn’t vent. Fucking asshole cap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

Same that’s my 2nd choice for sure. But they’re WAY more money here than what my RR was 

As good as the XCR and it’s shocks are the RR package with the QS3’s and Cat’s front suspension is even better. I like the seating position and skid better on the Polaris better though. The engines I like both. Same with clutching. 

28 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Yep. No denying it’s a bad ass trail sled. I really want to snowcheck one this spring. 

I think you'll change your mind once you get some real seat time in on that XRS 

22 minutes ago, bussman said:

You need Angry Janitor money. lol

:lmao: :lol:

28 minutes ago, bussman said:

As good as the XCR and it’s shocks are the RR package with the QS3’s and Cat’s front suspension is even better. I like the seating position and skid better on the Polaris better though. The engines I like both. Same with clutching. 

A lot of crying going on about the rear end being soft for 250+ guys on the XCR indy. I'm gonna be a a bit pissed if it needs a revalve. Think I'll be fine with some adjustments as it set medium-soft now and I haven't bottomed in the 15 miles I have on it. 

51 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I think you'll change your mind once you get some real seat time in on that XRS 

:lmao: :lol:

I dont think he will.....the axys is a much better chassis than the g4

Now the 850 etec engine is fucking awesome but if the 850 patriot is even close its hands down polaris for the win

That said it's close enough where I'd be happy on either sled

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bussman said:

Yeah and they make similar power so the cat is a big win 

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont think he will.....the axys is a much better chassis than the g4

Now the 850 etec engine is fucking awesome but if the 850 patriot is even close its hands down polaris for the win

That said it's close enough where I'd be happy on either sled

The g4 with the 850 is a nice machine but yeah, axys is just so much fun to ride. It outweighs alot of other nuances.