Check your account email address ×

Rode with a tuned 900 turbo

jtssrx

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I dont think he will.....the axys is a much better chassis than the g4

Now the 850 etec engine is fucking awesome but if the 850 patriot is even close its hands down polaris for the win

That said it's close enough where I'd be happy on either sled

XRS is a different animal than all the others in the G4    I've ridden an Adrenaline, TNT and 18 1/2 600r (which is an XRS)  The Adrenaline isn't even anywhere close to the XRS.  The TNT is definitely better than the Adrenaline, but still lacking compared to the XRS.  To really get the full amount out if the G4 it has to be and XRS.  Comparing an XCR to an Adrenaline or TNT, or even an X is foolish.  

I stand by what I said about him seeing the G4 differently once he gets some real seat time on his XRS. 

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

XRS is a different animal than all the others in the G4    I've ridden an Adrenaline, TNT and 18 1/2 600r (which is an XRS)  The Adrenaline isn't even anywhere close to the XRS.  The TNT is definitely better than the Adrenaline, but still lacking compared to the XRS.  To really get the full amount out if the G4 it has to be and XRS.  Comparing an XCR to an Adrenaline or TNT, or even an X is foolish.  

I stand by what I said about him seeing the G4 differently once he gets some real seat time on his XRS. 

It's the same chassis....I rode gades and an XRS with exits back to back.

The chassis is not close to on par with the axys....its just the way it is. The ergos arent near as good on the g4

4 hours ago, bussman said:

My CTEC used so little oil it’s not a factor. 

My 15 Assault used less oil than AGs Doo. He got marginally better mileage but I was always fucking around on hills and never shut my sled off waiting at intersections.

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

My Assault drank the oil like a boss. 😳

It did and still grenaded.

4 hours ago, thewayout said:

I always thought my poo 800 was pretty good on gas and oil. Not etec good, but close. When we would fill up we’d be within a gallon or so between prestons 850 and Steve’s 800 etec. They were always looking at my pump and shaking their heads hoping they’d see a much bigger difference. :lol: 

I pay $30 a gallon for bulk doo XPS or poo VES oil. Currently have 3 of each. :lol: 

my local dealer runs a sale every Black Friday and I go every year

Ive run Castrol in every sled Ive owned for 20 years, puked a piece of piston out the exhaust but she still ran fine. 4400 miles on stock pistons figured I'd freshen her up......Im thinking it had 7500 miles when I sent it down the road.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

It's the same chassis....I rode gades and an XRS with exits back to back.

The chassis is not close to on par with the axys....its just the way it is. The ergos arent near as good on the g4

The shocks make all the difference in the world.  I'd rather ride and XS XRS than a G4 Adrenaline TNT or X. 

RMotiom skid is way better tho. And that takes the most abuse.  Handling of the RAS 3 can be improved with different carbides. I haven't ridden and Axys, but just sitting on it , I don't like it at all compared to the G4.  A buddy of mine has an XCR 800 and has ridden and Doo G4 XRS. He told me his next sled will be an MXZ XRS.  I will hopefully get a chance to ride his XCR this year. But I HIGHLY DOUBT it will mean anything.

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

8 hours ago, irv said:

Even the non OEM stuff is getting crazy! After conversing with Tomas in the sled thread and looking for the Shell advance at my jobber store, I couldn't believe how much it had risen since the last time I purchased it. $64.99 regular price for 5 liters!! That's insane! https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/shell-advance-synthetic-snowmobile-oil-5l-0281796p.0281796.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIprbvo4HH5gIVEdvACh0NvAJrEAQYASABEgKqovD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#store=336

I also noticed the regular price of a decent synthetic engine oil like Pennzoil was now over $61 dollars up here! 

Check Arctic Blue

• Like 1

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

I dont think he will.....the axys is a much better chassis than the g4

Now the 850 etec engine is fucking awesome but if the 850 patriot is even close its hands down polaris for the win

That said it's close enough where I'd be happy on either sled

I want to try a XCR 850. I don’t see anything wrong with the G4 outside of the XRS shocks needing to be setup correctly meaning have Monster cut the fronts down and revalve them properly 

9 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I want to try a XCR 850. I don’t see anything wrong with the G4 outside of the XRS shocks needing to be setup correctly meaning have Monster cut the fronts down and revalve them properly 

They just need to be set up correctly. What do you have your rebound and dampening set at? 

13 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

That's not what I asked 

This isn’t my first rodeo with those shocks. I had 40’s my 2015. It road like a brick. I played with all the settings. Honestly the 36’s up front are junk. The 40’s were a better shock

Just now, jtssrx said:

This isn’t my first rodeo with those shocks. I had 40’s my 2015. It road like a brick. I played with all the settings. Honestly the 36’s up front are junk. The 40’s were a better shock

I have 40s on my '17 and my kids old '12 TNT. Stock length and valving. Doesn't ride like a brick at all  Took me a while to get them adjusted. I have the rebound and dampening set right in the middle on both.  I've had them serviced 3 the and that's what they work best at. I've heard the 36s are softer so that probably isn't going to work on them.