Check your account email address ×

May as well go out of 2019 with a bang...

Snake

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

Nice when you can make 2 years of living expenses in retirement in 12 months. :bc:

I took the boys college fund out of the market before he started school like 2 years ago, left my daughters in there. She has like 33% more in there now just from the last 2 years. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Last I looked, my portfolio was certainly up 25+%.  My personal account is up 21% this year and 35% over the last two.  

This is terrible.  We should do something!!!!  Sanders and Warren have a plan......

The smart money is in GICs, but only the cashable kind.

1 minute ago, old indy said:

im no playa so it could be higher here.  not bad but  this low risk route aint all that. i should take at least a chunk of my annuity and go Big,  but............ :popcornchair:

Stick to managers that shine over the long term with less volatility than the category benchmarks.

7 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

The economy isn't everything bubba.

:lol:

My two best friends own their own businesses. One just bought his third house (on the lake), and the other just picked up a 37’ formula boat. 
They’re making so much money right now it’s stupid. 

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Stick to managers that shine over the long term with less volatility than the category benchmarks.

Long term has been all but pounded into my head since i first sat with anyone. slo going tho      :bc:

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I have some really good resources for tracking and measuring that correlation to the benchmarks.  Capture most o the upside, but less of any downside.  I’m up just north of 25 in my own stuff, I should have just said fuck the fixed income for ballast and gone all domestic mid and large caps.  Can’t be greedy though.  Makes me think of a nervous nelly I had a couple years back who thought the market was way over heated at 21k.  :lol:   These are the times when it pays to be aware of the fundamentals, and what the market can be depended on for, over time.  :bc: 

1 minute ago, old indy said:

Long term has been all but pounded into my head since i first sat with anyone. slo going tho      :bc:

Short term performance means fuck all unless there is a consistent pattern of outperforming the category average.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I took the boys college fund out of the market before he started school like 2 years ago, left my daughters in there. She has like 33% more in there now just from the last 2 years. :lol: 

similar here,  oh well I'll take a little from hers to pay his if it grown to much.  Regardless of performance dads only paying X.