Check your account email address ×

Skidoo 600

f7ben

31 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The hp numbers have been downplayed so as not to take too much thunder from their 850.  The thick , early, long torque curve tell the tale.  I’m pleased that I made a solid decision buying one.  Love this thing And played with it a little bit this year to make it better

Only thing that doesn't make any sense to me is why it's only in the 137"   Theres all kinds of people who want the 900t in the 129" and 146"+ 

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

That 900t keeps laying whoopins on 800 & 850 2 strokes. I wish they had something like that in an axys. 

Yea, but it's not 

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

I'd have zero issues breaking in a new motor finding its top speed. Your talking 10-12 seconds of wide open throttle. That is a perfect heat soak as long as you let it cool before giving her the business again. 

Exactly. You only have a few minutes to seat the rings properly before the cross hatch begins to fade. Proper warm up then a couple WOT pulls of 8-10 seconds then let it cool all the way back off. Do that 3 times and the rings are seated and the motor is well on its way to being properly broken in. 

6 hours ago, Tickle Shits said:

It’s been said that they’re plasma 

Not by anybody who knows what the inside of the 2020 Cat looks like. It doesn't have plasma cyls. 

I road a 900 turbo yesterday. I hate it, the throttle is annoying as fuck. This is a tuned 900 that is clutched and has an mbrp exhaust. It runs side by side with my 850. 

our buddy has a 2013 apex. We both beat him in a drag race. But we did some real long runs well over 1500 feet. He walks both of us on top it’s not even close. He hit 127 mph last night lol

4 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I road a 900 turbo yesterday. I hate it, the throttle is annoying as fuck. This is a tuned 900 that is clutched and has an mbrp exhaust. It runs side by side with my 850. 

our buddy has a 2013 apex. We both beat him in a drag race. But we did some real long runs well over 1500 feet. He walks both of us on top it’s not even close. He hit 127 mph last night lol

Where are you riding at and how is it? 

What sled are you on this year? 

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Where are you riding at and how is it? 

What sled are you on this year? 

We are in pine stump. We road to GM yesterday we did about 223 miles. The trails are great smooth and fast. We are going to try to go east to paradise and then to Strongs down to trout lake and across to newberry for the south today. I’ll let you know how that goes. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, jtssrx said:

We are in pine stump. We road to GM yesterday we did about 223 miles. The trails are great smooth and fast. We are going to try to go east to paradise and then to Strongs down to trout lake and across to newberry for the south today. I’ll let you know how that goes. 

Cool. Trees sounded like they were more of an issue to the West. Swamps freezing up?  I saw single digits and - on my phone last night up there 

Are you staying in Pine Stump at the cabins next to the bar?!

26 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Those apex engines are super silky smooth and perform really well. The sleds are tanks tho. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Those apex engines are super silky smooth and perform really well. The sleds are tanks tho. 

I road it for about 15 minutes and I owned a 06 and an 2011 wow is it heavy. I don’t know how I road that sled all those years

21 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Cool. Trees sounded like they were more of an issue to the West. Swamps freezing up?  I saw single digits and - on my phone last night up there 

Are you staying in Pine Stump at the cabins next to the bar?!

No we are staying at halfway lake just down the road from The Wolf Inn

7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Exactly. You only have a few minutes to seat the rings properly before the cross hatch begins to fade. Proper warm up then a couple WOT pulls of 8-10 seconds then let it cool all the way back off. Do that 3 times and the rings are seated and the motor is well on its way to being properly broken in. 

Not by anybody who knows what the inside of the 2020 Cat looks like. It doesn't have plasma cyls. 

Who is that in particular 

18 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I road it for about 15 minutes and I owned a 06 and an 2011 wow is it heavy. I don’t know how I road that sled all those years

We ate lunch at wolf inn on Saturday. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Another cool place   Good people there.  

If you go to the bar at PSJ anymore while you're there , see if the FS decal is still on the wall :thumbsup: