Check your account email address ×

2020 Polaris fit and finish.

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I can't imagine riding in the mountains without a tether.   

I totally agree. I have always liked the electronic tether that SkiDoo uses. IMO all sleds should come with some sort of electronic, unique, air tether. It would be so easy to include in the factory build. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

I totally agree. I have always liked the electronic tether that SkiDoo uses. IMO all sleds should come with some sort of electronic, unique, air tether. It would be so easy to include in the factory build. 

Ummmm....there are still sleds being manu'd without a tether?  WTF?  I thought this was some type of mandated safety thing like ten years ago or something?  Why wouldn't these machines come with tethers???

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ummmm....there are still sleds being manu'd without a tether?  WTF?  I thought this was some type of mandated safety thing like ten years ago or something?  Why wouldn't these machines come with tethers???

I could be wrong but I have never seen a polaris consumer sled come with a tether. Even the brand new ones at the show didn't have one this year

Edited by Tomas.

1 minute ago, Tomas. said:

I could be wrong but I have never seen a polaris consumer sled come with a tether. Even the brand new ones at the show didn't have one this year

That's because actually wearing a tether on a trail is for poser fucking retards

Edited by f7ben

Just now, Tomas. said:

I mean, of all the riders out there that are at high risk of just falling off for no reason.....Poo riders are at the top.

Just now, f7ben said:

That's because actually wearing a tether on a trail is for poser fucking retards

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  see what I mean?   :lmao: 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep and my point exactly on a top of the line trail sled with an accessory port. :bc:

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Needed in the mountains.   I've seen vids of the throttle getting pinned open when rolled over.   Body part gets in there kiss it goodbye.   Not likely but it can happen. 

Had it around the yard on Saturday. Seems to run good but didn't have the space to get any speed. Not quite enough snow to leave the yard just yet unfortunately

20191130_135618.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

I rarely looked at my 850 doo under there because the thing is a retarded abortion to take apart compared to the Polaris 

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yah....that's a 20 minute job on the dumbass skidoo

:lol: maybe 3 minutes to get it apart, 6-7 minutes to get it back together and get the wiring in tbere to lay down nicely .  :lmao:

3 hours ago, irv said:

For sure! Anything I have ever purchased new, and also used, I make sure I go over everything long before it sees any amount of miles. Dirt bikes, atv's, snowmobiles, it doesn't matter. Rarely a time has gone by where something didn't need a little tightening, adjusting, greasing, etc. 

Yep same here :bc:

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Dealer may have installed it.   It was a sled he ordered for himself then sold it to me before I rode it.

Must have, cause it did come standard.

2 hours ago, irv said:

I tried that with mine. High heat black silicone/sealant but it didn't last/work. My XLT drinks oil so I also know that is a big part of my problem. I'm nervous, to be honest, to play with the oil adjustment in case I make it too lean. When I used the thicker Produmax oil, the issue wasn't as noticeable but I can no longer get that oil.

Entirely? Is there a donut in there or does the outer pipe just slip over the manifold outlet like on mine? 

Yes 

1 hour ago, bussman said:

Don’t you ride a 600 kid’s sled there  PolarisZams? 

:lol: :lmao: :owned:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lol: maybe 3 minutes to get it apart, 6-7 minutes to get it back together and get the wiring in tbere to lay down nicely .  :lmao:

Yep same here :bc:

Must have, cause it did come standard.

Yes 

:lol: :lmao: :owned:

4 minutes to get it apart and hope you dont lose any screws in the snow! :lol2:

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

4 minutes to get it apart and hope you dont lose any screws in the snow! :lol2:

Ain't that hard, unless you're a non wrenching faggot. 

I had a '14 Freeride torn apart trail side trying to figure out what was causing a massive vibration.  Turns out dumbass who put the engine back in it art the dealer didn't tighten down the 3 nuts that hold the clutch tower down to the frame. Got it back tightened up, but the damage was already done inside the chaincase.   Rode it slow to Andy's in Seney and then we were able to go get the truck and trailer and go get him.  

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I had a '14 Freeride torn apart trail side trying to figure out what was causing assive vibration.  Turns out dumbass who put the engine back in it didn't tighten down the 3 nuts that hold the clutch tower down to the frame. Got it back tightened up, but the damage was already done inside the chaincase.   Rode it slow to Andy's in Seney and then we were able to go get the truck and trailer and go get him.  

No I am sure even uncle znotty can remove some screws but its way more complicated than it should be. Even cat has tool less panel removal. 

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I had a '14 Freeride torn apart trail side trying to figure out what was causing a massive vibration.  Turns out dumbass who put the engine back in it art the dealer didn't tighten down the 3 nuts that hold the clutch tower down to the frame. Got it back tightened up, but the damage was already done inside the chaincase.   Rode it slow to Andy's in Seney and then we were able to go get the truck and trailer and go get him.  

Its fucking retarded. It's not that its hard.....its that its fucking retarded.

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

I'm concerned with it getting to the belt with this much spray.   You can see oil spray near the starter gear in the one picture.   I simply think the seal in the doughnut from the factor could be better.   Likely on all sleds. 

Its just assembly oil and rich break in spray. Go rip it across the field a few times, it will clean right up. Just need to get the engine up to temperature for a while.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

This is snowmobiling for fucks sake! There shouldnt be anything on it that cant be fixed with a 10mm wrench!

Just now, Anler said:

This is snowmobiling for fucks sake! There shouldnt be anything on it that cant be fixed with a 10mm wrench!

Who can find a 10mm wrench or socket when they need one?   Mine have fucking legs and walk away on their own.  :lol:  

64486202_843036956055241_3182885261021282304_n.jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Needed in the mountains.   I've seen vids of the throttle getting pinned open when rolled over.   Body part gets in there kiss it goodbye.   Not likely but it can happen. 

I looped my M8 0ver and it came back at me WFO and upside down. I put a tether on her next week. That fucker tried to kill me in 500 miles more than all my years on other sleds. Fucking Lucifer Sled. I couldn't ride that thing to save my ass.

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Who can find a 10mm wrench or socket when they need one?   Mine have fucking legs and walk away on their own.  :lol:  

I bought extra and I litter them around my garage and tool bags and pouches. It can still be a challenge to find one tho! :lol: 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

No I am sure even uncle znotty can remove some screws but its way more complicated than it should be. Even cat has tool less panel removal. 

Doubtful. That retard can't even figure out YouTube.

Never said it was great, it's just not that difficult.

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Never said it was great, just not as bad as some people make it sound like

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

10mm isn't my problem.  I can't seem to be able to find my 14mm. Been gone for years :lol:

19 minutes ago, s pump said:

I looped my M8 0ver and it came back at me WFO and upside down. I put a tether on her next week. That fucker tried to kill me in 500 miles more than all my years on other sleds. Fucking Lucifer Sled. I couldn't ride that thing to save my ass.

thats just your poor skills old man :news: