Check your account email address ×

2020 Polaris fit and finish.

Just now, Edmo said:

This is why I always go over my new sleds end to end. The last one I bought the guy was really good that set it up but that’s often not the case.

For sure! Anything I have ever purchased new, and also used, I make sure I go over everything long before it sees any amount of miles. Dirt bikes, atv's, snowmobiles, it doesn't matter. Rarely a time has gone by where something didn't need a little tightening, adjusting, greasing, etc. 

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

What's funny is the exhaust manifold/pipe connection with springs has been around for decades. You would think with all these intelligent engineers they would have come up with a better connection by now. 1960's technology in 2020........awesome. :lol:

The engines move so much and vibrate so hard its needed. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

My 2020 Doo 850 was the same. Cleaned it all up when I had the hood off. Will do it again after the first ride.

My '17 didn't 

Dealer may have installed it.   It was a sled he ordered for himself then sold it to me before I rode it.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The engines move so much and vibrate so hard its needed. 

Yes but 850s are head shoulders above 900 ( 866 )  or 700 ( 755 ) fusions LOL , I remember Polaris solutions for 2006 was release fusion 700 and they ending up shaking just as bad as 900 lol 

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I ordered mine with electric start and still no shield or 12v plug was standard.   I made the wrong assumption on a sled of this cost would have it stock.  It would have been a dealer installed option. 

The kit is like 25 bucks it's a 1 beer job.

Mine had one installed by the dealer no charge for parts or install. I also got my tunnel protectors and studs for no labour cost. And either 300 towards accessories or a free belt and 2 jugs of oil and first 500 mile service free. 

:bc:

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

What's funny is the exhaust manifold/pipe connection with springs has been around for decades. You would think with all these intelligent engineers they would have come up with a better connection by now. 1960's technology in 2020........awesome. :lol:

Yep. My 95 XLT also leaks oil just after the manifold where it joins the rest of the exhaust. Like Highmark, I hate it as well but I honestly thought that would have been much approved by now.

HPIM1002 (Large).JPG

6 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Yes but 850s are head shoulders above 900 ( 866 )  or 700 ( 755 ) fusions LOL , I remember Polaris solutions for 2006 was release fusion 700 and they ending up shaking just as bad as 900 lol 

The etec is the smoothest 2 stroke I've ever ridden.....the 800ho polaris shakes like a fusion at idle

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

The kit is like 25 bucks it's a 1 beer job.

Mine had one installed by the dealer no charge for parts or install. I also got my tunnel protectors and studs for no labour cost. And either 300 towards accessories or a free belt and 2 jugs of oil and first 500 mile service free. 

:bc:

Yes but for this much money nothing wrong with expecting it standard.  :bc:   I get a large discount off MSRP so I don't really expect my dealer to just do this for me.  

35 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dealer has nothing to do with what comes standard.   The other issues are also Polaris and not the dealer.

doo does the same thing when it comes to shield plug and 12v.  Shield plug i prefer coming off the battery so I don't really care but for the price it would be nice if they sprung for the $2-3 to make it easy for people.  but then they can't sell you $20-30 connector kits.  

I'm concerned with it getting to the belt with this much spray.   You can see oil spray near the starter gear in the one picture.   I simply think the seal in the doughnut from the factor could be better.   Likely on all sleds. 

Just now, Highmark said:

I'm concerned with it getting to the belt with this much spray.   You can see oil spray near the starter gear in the one picture.   I simply think the seal in the doughnut from the factor could be better.   Likely on all sleds. 

Can you pull the pipe and put RTV silicone in there to seal it? I know you shouldn't have to do that

Just now, jtssrx said:

Can you pull the pipe and put RTV silicone in there to seal it? I know you shouldn't have to do that

Might reach in and put some in the gap in the doughnut as that appears to be where all of it is coming from.   Not going to pull the pipe and do it.   Hopefully no issues on the oil getting to the clutches.    We will see.   Be riding in the UP Thursday night. :bc:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I tried that with mine. High heat black silicone/sealant but it didn't last/work. My XLT drinks oil so I also know that is a big part of my problem. I'm nervous, to be honest, to play with the oil adjustment in case I make it too lean. When I used the thicker Produmax oil, the issue wasn't as noticeable but I can no longer get that oil.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They quit after break in

Entirely? Is there a donut in there or does the outer pipe just slip over the manifold outlet like on mine? 

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

My expedition did.

Trudeau does it right!

:lol2:

The Grand Touring I bought came with the visor plug in the front and visor and plug for heated boots in the rear. All my other Doos over the years had to have the visor plug kit installed