Check your account email address ×

2020 Polaris fit and finish.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Have to say I got a couple bones to pick with Polaris fit, finish and quality.   

First of all a $15K MSRP snowmobile that doesn't have a RCA plug for shield heater (or 12 volt cig plug) stock?  Can't say I agree with that.

While installing my shield port and tether I noticed an excessive amount of oil around the manifold and belly pan.   Look and see and its coming out a gap in the exhaust gasket doughnut.   Thought this might have been a cracked or bad doughnut but looking at a buddies his is the same way.   Yes I know with heat seals up but what a nice way to start off a brand new sled with an engine bay sprayed full with oil.    I have a total of about 5 minutes run time on it.   Even pooled up oil under the sled. :wall:   

Another issue was my hard felt airbox chute was missing the clips that connect it to the airbox.   Basically just hanging there.   Again zero excuse for this.

Lastly the factory stock tunnel bag bolts in back were loose.  

As someone who livelihood is mfg including assembly I can tell you my customers wouldn't stand for this and issue NCCA's.  

20191203_194131_resized.jpg

20191203_193635_resized.jpg

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Have to say I got a couple bones to pick with Polaris fit, finish and quality.   

First of all a $15K MSRP snowmobile that doesn't have a RCA plug for shield heater (or 12 volt cig plug) stock?  Can't say I agree with that.

While installing my shield port and tether I noticed an excessive amount of oil around the manifold and belly pan.   Look and see and its coming out a gap in the exhaust gasket doughnut.   Thought this might have been a cracked or bad doughnut but looking at a buddies his is the same way.   Yes I know with heat seals up but what a nice way to start off a brand new sled with an engine bay sprayed full with oil.    I have a total of about 5 minutes run time on it.   Even pooled up oil under the sled. :wall:   

Another issue was my hard felt airbox chute was missing the clips that connect it to the airbox.   Basically just hanging there.   Again zero excuse for this.

Lastly the factory stock tunnel bag bolts in back were loose.  

As someone who livelihood is mfg including assembly I can tell you my customers wouldn't stand for this and issue NCCA's.  

20191203_193635_resized.jpg

The donut will seal up fine. Mine did the same thing last year and I just clean it up after 50 miles. There are 2 plugs for connecting accessories. One under the dash and one in the velcro bag where all the connectors are.

Sounds like you got a shitty dealer. :bc:

4 minutes ago, Reevester said:

The donut will seal up fine. Mine did the same thing last year and I just clean it up after 50 miles. There are 2 plugs for connecting accessories. One under the dash and one in the velcro bag where all the connectors are.

Craig always installs the shield wire before I take delivery.   Pretty good dealer.   

Just now, Kev144 said:

Craig always installs the shield wire before I take delivery.   Pretty good dealer.   

Dealer has nothing to do with what comes standard.   The other issues are also Polaris and not the dealer.

7 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Regardless but when you pay big money for a sled it shouldn't be spraying oil any where......period. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Reevester said:

What sled comes standard with a heated shield plug? 

My Sidewinder.   My 16 xrs had a 12 volt plug.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dealer has nothing to do with what comes standard.   The other issues are also Polaris and not the dealer.

You have to watch those people from Northern Minnesota, you just can't trust them. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Does the 850 have electric start. I thought they came with a 12v plug. That is pretty dumb if they don't but they have a charging port for the battery I see. :lol:

They should seal that donut ....my 2016 was the same. 

The heated shield plug is a big wgaf....polaris offers some really nice options like their gauges and headlights. The assembly issues are inexcusable

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Regardless but when you pay big money for a sled it shouldn't be spraying oil any where......period. 

Most sleds leak a bit at the donut during break in. My cat left puddles in the garage. :lol:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Mine did too. And told me about the donut and it leaking a bit being rich with oil during break in. 

My 2020 Doo 850 was the same. Cleaned it all up when I had the hood off. Will do it again after the first ride.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My '17 didn't 

5 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Most sleds leak a bit at the donut during break in. My cat left puddles in the garage. :lol:

It's because they're big time oil rich during break in. Sitting and idling only makes it worse. Poor Highmark :lol:

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

It's because they're big time oil rich during break in. Sitting and idling only makes it worse. Poor Highmark :lol:

I rarely looked at my 850 doo under there because the thing is a retarded abortion to take apart compared to the Polaris 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I rarely looked at my 850 doo under there because the thing is a retarded abortion to take apart compared to the Polaris 

The one nice thing with the poo is 2 side panels with easy clips and then 2 clips, unplug the harness and take the hood off. Pretty easy to get your arms in there to clean the engine and belly pan too. 

Just now, Reevester said:

The one nice thing with the poo is 2 side panels with easy clips and then 2 clips, unplug the harness and take the hood off. Pretty easy to get your arms in there to clean the engine and belly pan too. 

Yah....that's a 20 minute job on the dumbass skidoo

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Reevester said:

GARBAGE. I really want to buy a Polaris but this fit and finish is garbage compared to a Doo. Every time I sit on a Polaris I change my mind about buying one. I may pick up a used 2020 to try one next year. The funny thing is the Polaris was snow checking for more money than a Doo this year

This is why I always go over my new sleds end to end. The last one I bought the guy was really good that set it up but that’s often not the case.

12 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Does the 850 have electric start. I thought they came with a 12v plug. That is pretty dumb if they don't but they have a charging port for the battery I see. :lol:

I ordered mine with electric start and still no shield or 12v plug was standard.   I made the wrong assumption on a sled of this cost would have it stock.  It would have been a dealer installed option. 

Edited by Highmark

What's funny is the exhaust manifold/pipe connection with springs has been around for decades. You would think with all these intelligent engineers they would have come up with a better connection by now. 1960's technology in 2020........awesome. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

GARBAGE. I really want to buy a Polaris but this fit and finish is garbage compared to a Doo. Every time I sit on a Polaris I change my mind about buying one. I may pick up a used 2020 to try one next year. The funny thing is the Polaris was snow checking for more money than a Doo this year

Best you don't anyways because your stupid ass would probably ride it off the edge of earth. 

🔌

• Haha 3