Check your account email address ×

2020 Polaris fit and finish.

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes but for this much money nothing wrong with expecting it standard.  :bc:   I get a large discount off MSRP so I don't really expect my dealer to just do this for me.  

I get it. That shit just don't bother me. The oil will stop trust me.

15 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Did you ride an 850 Polaris? Snowtrax Claims they don't vibrate

Mine had a tiny vibration in the left side handle bar that would almost make my arm my wrist go numb at the end of the season,  she was ready to pop probably. :lol:

Definitely didn't shake like a 800 or my cat 800 did though. 

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They quit after breakin

Yep. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Mine had a tiny vibration in the left side handle bar that would almost make my arm my wrist go numb at the end of the season,  she was ready to pop probably. :lol:

Yep. 

The loose and missing parts bother me more than the helmet plug.  :bc:

15 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Yep. 

Nothing shook like the Zuke 700 twin.   Still loved my 92 wildcat just rebuilt the primary every 1500 miles or so.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The loose and missing parts bother me more than the helmet plug.  :bc:

I'm almost certain I had a loose screw under the storage bag last year now that I think about it. The airbox clips are fine when I checked mine over this year. 

There are some things with Polaris that I am not crazy about, the connectors and bearings come to mind first because I just replaced all of the shitty stock bearings and I am in the process of wiring up a heated shield plug because my heated seat is plugged into the one factory accessory plug. Well I did hook up a USB charger to the 2amp one in the dash but that one is known to blow fuses with the heated shield.  

The connector for the heated shield is way the fuck in there and you have to take a bunch of shit apart to get to it unless they changed that on the 850. Shitty molex connector. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Dealer has nothing to do with what comes standard.   The other issues are also Polaris and not the dealer.

So you bought a new performance sled and now you're mad because it didn't come with a 12v accessory plug installed at the factory?  What made you think it would come with that plug as standard equip?  Do the other performance sleds have that plug as standard equip?  Did the dealer lead you to believe it would have that plug?

As mentioned, the exhaust donut will seal up during break in. It will puke a little oil through the first few tanks of fuel. It wont get on the clutches. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

So you bought a new performance sled and now you're mad because it didn't come with a 12v accessory plug installed at the factory?  What made you think it would come with that plug as standard equip?  Do the other performance sleds have that plug as standard equip?  Did the dealer lead you to believe it would have that plug?

As mentioned, the exhaust donut will seal up during break in. It will puke a little oil through the first few tanks of fuel. It wont get on the clutches. 

It's like hes bitching about the shade of Kate Upton's nipples as hes about to fondle her tits and fuck her from behind

My god man!!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bussman said:

My RR came with an accessory port. :news: 

They have feet warmers too!!!!! But we were talking hyper sleds here..... :snack: 

Edited by Kev144
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well my Sidewinder came with it.   If I buy a Camaro, Mustang, or Vette there aren't certain creature comforts to expect standard.  

I'd hardly call this model an all out "performance" model and nothing else.

I surprised their mountain sleds don't have a tether standard. 

You guys crack me up.   Like thinking a accessory port on $15K snowmobile is much to ask.   Considering some of the things people bitch about sleds on here its laughable. 

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Have to say I got a couple bones to pick with Polaris fit, finish and quality.   

First of all a $15K MSRP snowmobile that doesn't have a RCA plug for shield heater (or 12 volt cig plug) stock?  Can't say I agree with that.

While installing my shield port and tether I noticed an excessive amount of oil around the manifold and belly pan.   Look and see and its coming out a gap in the exhaust gasket doughnut.   Thought this might have been a cracked or bad doughnut but looking at a buddies his is the same way.   Yes I know with heat seals up but what a nice way to start off a brand new sled with an engine bay sprayed full with oil.    I have a total of about 5 minutes run time on it.   Even pooled up oil under the sled. :wall:   

Another issue was my hard felt airbox chute was missing the clips that connect it to the airbox.   Basically just hanging there.   Again zero excuse for this.

Lastly the factory stock tunnel bag bolts in back were loose.  

As someone who livelihood is mfg including assembly I can tell you my customers wouldn't stand for this and issue NCCA's.  

20191203_194131_resized.jpg

20191203_193635_resized.jpg

20191203_194131_resized.jpg

Are they ISO certified?

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well my Sidewinder came with it.   If I buy a Camaro, Mustang, or Vette there aren't certain creature comforts to expect standard.  

I'd hardly call this model an all out "performance" model and nothing else.

You guys crack me up.   Like thinking a accessory port on $15K snowmobile is much to ask.   Considering some of the things people bitch about sleds on here its laughable. 

My point was:  Did you know that it didn't come with the plug before you bought it?  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

My point was:  Did you know that it didn't come with the plug before you bought it?  

Honestly I did't look at that when I ordered it, my Sidewinder came with it so I wrongly figured each brands upper end models did.  It wouldn't have stopped me from ordering it.   IMHO trail sleds should come with this and mountain sleds should come with a tether.   Neither do with Poo.   Like I said above its not as big as deal as the missing or loose components.   With that you wonder what else is loose or missing.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Honestly I did't look at that when I ordered it and it wouldn't have stopped me from ordering it.   IMHO trail sleds should come with this and mountain sleds should come with a tether.   Neither do with Poo.   Like I said above its not as big as deal as the missing or loose components.   With that you wonder what else is loose or missing.

Thats the other thing, Why the fuck is anyone still using a key? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Anler said:

Thats the other thing, Why the fuck is anyone still using a key? 

I can't imagine riding in the mountains without a tether.