Check your account email address ×

Buddy went deere hunting and accident shot a dog

Rod

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Damn impressive animals.  But if I owned live stock, or they were prowling around my house, yea dead wolf.  

They are a nuisance and their numbers around here have exploded.

When they were taken off the endangered list a few years back the dnr decided to let 100 of them be trapped.

They issued permits to anyone that wanted them and their plan was to just cancel the season as soon as 100 tags were filled. In the first 72 hours they ended up with like 160 tags turned in quicker than they could cancel the season. 

They thought it would take a week to 10 days and it barely took 48hrs

What's that tell you about their numbers ??

36 minutes ago, Anler said:

I've seen a shitload of wolf tracks while snowmobiling but never saw a live one until last season. Saw a pack of them crossing the road in land o lakes. Big fuckers. 

Saw one between Grand Marais and Pine Stump about 15 years ago. Big fucker too. 

Seen a show, like this story, years ago about how devastated some National Parks, namely Yellowstone, became after all the wolves were killed off. 

Reintroduction of them has brought some balance back but they figure it will takes years yet before it is back to normal. I know some hate them, yotes, cougars, whatever, but there has to be a balance or all species can suffer.

https://www.yellowstonepark.com/things-to-do/wolf-reintroduction-changes-ecosystem

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I’m unimpressed.  But, killing animals never did anything for me.  I just try to understand it.

Same.....I used to shoot birds with a BB gun as a stupid kid.....cant even imagine killing an animal as I got older. 

On the other hand, I have nothing against hunters, (my nephew loves hunting)but fail to understand Deer hunting as much of a sport or challenge when I could easily plug 8 point Deer at any given time right from my deck while sitting having a beer.

We started seeing more wolves year after year in the winter up in the Hali Forest when out riding. One year somebody cut the double fence to the enclosure at the wolf center and when a couple came out shot them. I don't know if they ever found out who it was or motive. 

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Middle daughter caught this, I made her let it go before Mommy came back looking for her Cub.

313.jpg

Cool...she's a cutie too.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

They are a nuisance and their numbers around here have exploded.

When they were taken off the endangered list a few years back the dnr decided to let 100 of them be trapped.

They issued permits to anyone that wanted them and their plan was to just cancel the season as soon as 100 tags were filled. In the first 72 hours they ended up with like 160 tags turned in quicker than they could cancel the season. 

They thought it would take a week to 10 days and it barely took 48hrs

What's that tell you about their numbers ??

Was a lot when I hunted up there years ago. 

1 hour ago, irv said:

Seen a show, like this story, years ago about how devastated some National Parks, namely Yellowstone, became after all the wolves were killed off. 

Reintroduction of them has brought some balance back but they figure it will takes years yet before it is back to normal. I know some hate them, yotes, cougars, whatever, but there has to be a balance or all species can suffer.

https://www.yellowstonepark.com/things-to-do/wolf-reintroduction-changes-ecosystem

Balance is key. 

40 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Same.....I used to shoot birds with a BB gun as a stupid kid.....cant even imagine killing an animal as I got older. 

On the other hand, I have nothing against hunters, (my nephew loves hunting)but fail to understand Deer hunting as much of a sport or challenge when I could easily plug 8 point Deer at any given time right from my deck while sitting having a beer.

I could shoot deer in our yard almost every day, no challenge in that though. Hunt deer in woods that aren't used to being around people - whole different thing.

Just now, ford_428cj said:

Cool...she's a cutie too.

Was a lot when I hunted up there years ago. 

Balance is key. 

I could shoot deer in our yard almost every day, no challenge in that though. Hunt deer in woods that aren't used to being around people - whole different thing.

She's 47 now and a Grandma..she teaches body building.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

You bringing a mag lite?

Mine is a mini that takes a couple of AA batteries so, I’m not sure it will have the chilling effect that 550’s 5-D “Johnson” Mag light will.  

Mine will probably just arouse my foe....that could be awkward.

:lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, irv said:

It is changing the park. In a good way for many species, nut not for elk.

If predator population's aren't kept in check they can go well beyond taking just the weak.

S.S.S.   Shoot...Shovel....Shut up.

Just now, Highmark said:

If predator population's aren't kept in check they can go well beyond taking just the weak.

S.S.S.   Shoot...Shovel....Shut up.

True, that being said I have read where they will have larger litters when being hunted a lot. That's why it's important to shoot em after birthing season.

Also read that yearlings will set up their home turf around Febuary. So taking them out early March is the best time. But fuck it, take em out whenever ya see em.