Check your account email address ×

No your 800 ctec cant do that!

Anler

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I doubt there is any money in snowmobile racing. 

Agreed. I’m guessing the only guys out there actually making a living at it are Levi Lavallee, Brent Turcotte and Chris Burandt. 

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

So who is going to void their 4 year warranty on a Polaris 850 for a few horsepower?

Anyone?  Bueller?

Be lucky to get out of the first couple years without at least one engine claim, especially on the 2019.

You can run mods without a flash or fueling. I cant see how Polaris could void a warranty unless you did a flash and they checked the flash counter in the ecu

29 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Agreed. I’m guessing the only guys out there actually making a living at it are Levi Lavallee, Brent Turcotte and Chris Burandt. 

Yeah but even then I bet they make their money on endorsements. 

21 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

So who is going to void their 4 year warranty on a Polaris 850 for a few horsepower?

Anyone?  Bueller?

Be lucky to get out of the first couple years without at least one engine claim, especially on the 2019.

Pretty much all of those mountain guys do it. Bunch of them are slapping turbos on these now. Sledding is a hobby and an expensive one. If you can't afford to fuck off a few thousand $$$ this isn't a sport for you. 

39 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I can tell you there isn't.

Just curious what they pay to run those things.  

Money is no issue with this crew. They do it for fun.

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Money is no issue with this crew. They do it for fun.

Same with most Motorsport hobbies. I have friends who drag race. Spend $10's of thousands a year and don't win shit. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah but even then I bet they make their money on endorsements. 

Yeah, you’re probably right.  Sometimes these sponsorship deals involve a bunch of free stuff from the gear and accessory companies, and below dealer cost on sleds, so they can ride all season and make a few bucks selling them at the end of the season.  I doubt any of them are getting rich.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Just curious.

Lets say I drop 75g's on a sled like above and go and win some races on it.

What do they pay?

Around here, I don't think it is that much and if you have top speed of the day, it may be a few hundred extra.

Jack shit max purse  in sled drags is hay days and the whole purse for the weekend is like 20k .

the guy I know that is a factory backed speed shop backed with a extremely happy dyno shop makes all his money selling the extra sleds he can buy but cat stoped that this yr . and building sleds for guys with deep pockets and selling the old sleds with all the free parts in them . but they buy no trucks or trailers or gas or hotels etc . just a obsession.true story  guys who wrench on the sleds have to pay there way in to the pits lol . 

Edited by Ez ryder

37 minutes ago, Anler said:

Pretty much all of those mountain guys do it. Bunch of them are slapping turbos on these now. Sledding is a hobby and an expensive one. If you can't afford to fuck off a few thousand $$$ this isn't a sport for you. 

but no one i know running a turbo a BB is keeping a sled more than a season .2 seasons max fuck most of my west ridding buds don't keep stockers more than a season .

just stupid cash . one of my buds I ride with all the time just shocked me when he told me what he was kicking out for his new Logan trailer that is getting built right now.

60 fucking g for a fucking sled trailer lmfao.  guess the roofing and siding biz was good this yr fuck me I need to raise my rates 

27 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

but no one i know running a turbo a BB is keeping a sled more than a season .2 seasons max fuck most of my west ridding buds don't keep stockers more than a season .

just stupid cash . one of my buds I ride with all the time just shocked me when he told me what he was kicking out for his new Logan trailer that is getting built right now.

60 fucking g for a fucking sled trailer lmfao.  guess the roofing and siding biz was good this yr fuck me I need to raise my rates 

I'll stick with Featherlite for that price.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Good for them. $15k new sled.  Another $5-10k in mods. Beat the hell out of it for a season and sell it for $10k.  $20k+ and they haven't put it on the snow yet.

2 50 gal fuel tanks big propane  tank ducted furnace ducted drying closets drying glove pantery fridge stove microwave drop down queen fold down couch that folds,again to a bed fold down bunks 60 inch tv satellite spray foam insulated including floor . pretty much a rv . Logan is the top shelf trailer for this shit but my cheep ass would never drop 60 on a trailer . but I will deff crash in it on rabbit ears pass all winter 

20 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

2 50 gal fuel tanks big propane  tank ducted furnace ducted drying closets drying glove pantery fridge stove microwave drop down queen fold down couch that folds,again to a bed fold down bunks 60 inch tv satellite spray foam insulated including floor . pretty much a rv . Logan is the top shelf trailer for this shit but my cheep ass would never drop 60 on a trailer . but I will deff crash in it on rabbit ears pass all winter 

What is the price for a new toy hauler all done up for winter?  Maybe not so bad in comparison?  

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

What is the price for a new toy hauler all done up for winter?  Maybe not so bad in comparison?  

There was one on Craig’s I ran across.  Race hauler.  Fucking decked out...shower and all.  I think it was $80k. 

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There was one on Craig’s I ran across.  Race hauler.  Fucking decked out...shower and all.  I think it was $80k. 

Seems like 5th wheel toy haulers are anywhere from 40k used to over 85k new, so maybe a 60k Logan or Featherlite isn't too bad.  

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Seems like 5th wheel toy haulers are anywhere from 40k used to over 85k new, so maybe a 60k Logan or Featherlite isn't too bad.  

IDK, my buddy just bought a car hauler and set it up proper with some shelving for tools, folding lawn furniture, a couple of cots and a LP heater.  

>$7k. Done!