Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

ya okay you are the one that goes on and on about growth, your hero O'leary says he can get 3.5.% growth yearly.  Its that easy

Heading to the range and Canadian tire today to kick start the economy

You paying HST?   Since when. 

14 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

ya okay you are the one that goes on and on about growth, your hero O'leary says he can get 3.5.% growth yearly.  Its that easy

Heading to the range and Canadian tire today to kick start the economy

The unions were running ads against current growth.  I'm just playing the same game. 

4 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

my new sunny ways

Liberals proposed new 150 billion infrastructure bank will be paying interest @8-9% to investors.  Sunny ways indeed.  Putting the middle class first. 

28 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Liberals proposed new 150 billion infrastructure bank will be paying interest @8-9% to investors.  Sunny ways indeed.  Putting the middle class first. 

8 to 9% !!!!! for government... doesn't sound right does it. Why should we be paying such a premium high interest rate. Our credit rating is still pretty good. Is Trudope giving more of our money away in the way of interest payments to his friends????

15 hours ago, 02sled said:

8 to 9% !!!!! for government... doesn't sound right does it. Why should we be paying such a premium high interest rate. Our credit rating is still pretty good. Is Trudope giving more of our money away in the way of interest payments to his friends????

Hey,

"if we don't invest now when interest rates are at all time low . . ."

So it appears most refugees are not welcome.  Canada will not welcome you.  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/trudeau-message-to-refugees-1.4051008

39 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Hey,

"if we don't invest now when interest rates are at all time low . . ."

So it appears most refugees are not welcome.  Canada will not welcome you.  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/trudeau-message-to-refugees-1.4051008

This happens when you say one thing but mean another.  Trudeau's intention were directed at USA/Trump and their we hate Muslim's - so he meant "your faith is not a deterrent" but Mr. ah ah ah didn't get that across very well.  

1/3 of refugees arriving uninvited have been rejected and sent back

Our immigration laws are fairly strict = good

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

This happens when you say one thing but mean another.  Trudeau's intention were directed at USA/Trump and their we hate Muslim's - so he meant "your faith is not a deterrent" but Mr. ah ah ah didn't get that across very well.  

Our immigration laws are/were good, but lets face it, many will hold JT to his words only to find he is completely full of crap once they waste their life savings getting here only to be sent back.  = stupid.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Only 1/3.... that is ridiculous. It should be all of them if the laws that are in place are followed regarding safe third country...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/menu-safethird.asp

There are four types of exceptions:

• Family member exceptions
  • Unaccompanied minors exception
  • Document holder exceptions
  • Public interest exceptions

Refugee claimants may qualify under the Public Interest category of exceptions if:

• they have been charged with or convicted of an offence that could subject them to the death penalty in the U.S. or in a third country.

There seems to be another loop hole these scoff laws are taking advantage of. If you arrive at a manned border crossing you are sent back to the US immediately. If you wander across the border in the middle of nowhere AND IF you get arrested you get to jump the line in front of those following the legal process and delaying them by getting a taxpayer expense refugee hearing. The hearing should be short and sweet.

You entered Canada from the US?

Yes.

Send them back to the US!

Then you have those that walk across the border, don't get arrested and just disappear into the country much like they probably did when they were in the US.

Give me the immigrant that respects our laws and enters the country after applying and following the immigration laws over the one that says screw it... you're stuck with me. Which one do you think has a greater likelihood of being a burden on the taxpayer.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Our immigration laws are/were good, but lets face it, many will hold JT to his words only to find he is completely full of crap once they waste their life savings getting here only to be sent back.  = stupid.

Canada never asked anyone to enter illegally, and this has been happening for decades its only news today.  None of these have been from the so called muslim terror zones.

All 1200 have been arrested and are going through a process. 

Canada doesn't ban anyone by religion nor should they.  Unless you want to ban all religion beliefs in Canada which might be okay too

Edited by 1trailmaker

42 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Only 1/3.... that is ridiculous. It should be all of them if the laws that are in place are followed regarding safe third country...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/menu-safethird.asp

There are four types of exceptions:

• Family member exceptions
  • Unaccompanied minors exception
  • Document holder exceptions
  • Public interest exceptions

Refugee claimants may qualify under the Public Interest category of exceptions if:

• they have been charged with or convicted of an offence that could subject them to the death penalty in the U.S. or in a third country.

There seems to be another loop hole these scoff laws are taking advantage of. If you arrive at a manned border crossing you are sent back to the US immediately. If you wander across the border in the middle of nowhere AND IF you get arrested you get to jump the line in front of those following the legal process and delaying them by getting a taxpayer expense refugee hearing. The hearing should be short and sweet.

You entered Canada from the US?

Yes.

Send them back to the US!

Then you have those that walk across the border, don't get arrested and just disappear into the country much like they probably did when they were in the US.

Give me the immigrant that respects our laws and enters the country after applying and following the immigration laws over the one that says screw it... you're stuck with me. Which one do you think has a greater likelihood of being a burden on the taxpayer.

get with the program 02sled

14000 have been rejected, this is the ones that tried to enter legally too

this year

40k refugees

260k immigrants

all common numbers for Canada

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

no one cares about REBEL or CBC fuck are you wackos ever dumb

if you watch CBC you will see them tearing into Trudeau just like every PM in history, total non bias news with no agenda.  KEEP IT

Your Hero O'leary says keep the radio canada and let Tv fend for itself :lmao:  CBC does just fine as the funding goes mostly to radio and french language.  Savings ZREO

45 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

get with the program 02sled

14000 have been rejected, this is the ones that tried to enter legally too

this year

40k refugees

260k immigrants

all common numbers for Canada

Stay on topic Fail... don't deflect. We are talking about those walking across the border from the US and claiming as refugees. You said 1/3 have been sent back. Then you go to the Canadian totals both legal applicants as well as illegals turned back at border crossings.

Bottom line... all those walking across the border from the US should be immediately sent back (under the 3rd safe country agreement) instead of wasting time and money on a hearing.

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Stay on topic Fail... don't deflect. We are talking about those walking across the border from the US and claiming as refugees. You said 1/3 have been sent back. Then you go to the Canadian totals both legal applicants as well as illegals turned back at border crossings.

Bottom line... all those walking across the border from the US should be immediately sent back (under the 3rd safe country agreement) instead of wasting time and money on a hearing.

and they will be, we are talking about 1100 people currently not the end of the world.

They are arrested at crossing - what are the cops suppose to do other than tell them if they cross they will be arrested :dunno:

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

and they will be, we are talking about 1100 people currently not the end of the world.

They are arrested at crossing - what are the cops suppose to do other than tell them if they cross they will be arrested :dunno:

Instead of picking them up and arresting them, then putting them in a hotel we are paying for as well as their meals and health care, put them in the cruiser and take them back to the manned border crossing. There they can be handed over to the US border security just like would happen if they tried to cross at a manned border crossing. Why is that too hard of a concept for you. Send them back to the US under the terms of the agreement.

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎30 at 9:09 PM, revrnd said:

I imagine any 'right to work' state in the southern US would give all sorts of incentives to have any automaker (re)locate a plant in their state. Previous to Trump's arrival, Mexico would be the main rival for new automaker investment. GM's Oshawa Truck Plant was closed shortly after GM retooled a plant to build the same models in Mexico.

Since Trump arrived on the scene, Ford seems to be scared shitless by him. I haven't heard of Chrysler, GM or any of the transplants changing plans.

Trump pretty much told them to stop investing and moving jobs to mexico. In other words those that do build new plants down there will have wasted their money if he taxes the shit out of the vehicles made there and makes them too expensive to sell to americans.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Instead of picking them up and arresting them, then putting them in a hotel we are paying for as well as their meals and health care, put them in the cruiser and take them back to the manned border crossing. There they can be handed over to the US border security just like would happen if they tried to cross at a manned border crossing. Why is that too hard of a concept for you. Send them back to the US under the terms of the agreement.

almost all of these people are not from USA they came through the US to get to Canada,  they can only be deported to their own country.  

If a refugee has not made a claim in the USA they can do it here in Canada according to the Act you referred too. 

In 2014, a total of 9,227 applications referred to the board were either rejected (7,756) or withdrawn (1,471). From January to September 2016, 4,394 applications were either rejected (3,658) or withdrawn (736). Final numbers for 2016 will only become available in April, a spokesman for the board said.

try reading the law

6 minutes ago, Boered said:

Trump pretty much told them to stop investing and moving jobs to mexico. In other words those that do build new plants down there will have wasted their money if he taxes the shit out of the vehicles made there and makes them too expensive to sell to americans.

According to CNN Money, the CEO of Ford Mexico Gabriel Lopez announced that Ford will go forward with building two plants in Mexico. An engine plant in Chihuahua, and a transmission plant in Irapuato.

The plants will cost $2.5 billion in construction costs, and will results in 3,800 workers upon completion.

While this news may seem like a sudden turn away from an American jobs centered plan seemingly arranged by President Donald Trump, Ford has actually had these plans on the books since 2015, and had never intended to veer from them. The confusion, says CNN Money, is likely due to news of a canceled plan for another Mexico factory being released on the same day as the announcement of another plant being opened in Michigan.

Donny lies all the time

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

almost all of these people are not from USA they came through the US to get to Canada,  they can only be deported to their own country.  

If a refugee has not made a claim in the USA they can do it here in Canada according to the Act you referred too. 

In 2014, a total of 9,227 applications referred to the board were either rejected (7,756) or withdrawn (1,471). From January to September 2016, 4,394 applications were either rejected (3,658) or withdrawn (736). Final numbers for 2016 will only become available in April, a spokesman for the board said.

try reading the law

I did read it Fail... safe 3rd country and the US is that safe third country. These are people who have been living in the US and now walking across the border. You should try reading it. I know your comprehension is off on most things.

Just now, 02sled said:

I did read it Fail... safe 3rd country and the US is that safe third country. These are people who have been living in the US and now walking across the border. You should try reading it. I know your comprehension is off on most things.

The Safe Third Country Agreement applies only to refugee claimants who are trying to enter at official land border crossings, by train or at airports.

The law needs to be changed before plan 02sled can be put into place

28 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

The Safe Third Country Agreement applies only to refugee claimants who are trying to enter at official land border crossings, by train or at airports.

The law needs to be changed before plan 02sled can be put into place

Pay attention Fail... follow the bouncing ball. I already said that. I stated they are using a loophole that if they walk across the border rather than a manned border crossing they can say they are a refugee and then they get put up in a hotel awaiting a hearing with us footing the bill for the hotel, food and any medical needs. At a manned border crossing they are sent back then. The law should be amended to close the loophole and even when they get their hearing it should be simple. Judge: You walked across from the US? Claimant: Yes Judge: Take them to back to the US and hand them over to US Customs and Immigration. You stated that 1/3 of them are being sent back and that is a ridiculously low number. 100% walking across the border should be sent back.

Been outdoors the last 2 days enjoying the UV rays & Vitamin D.

I went thru the Oshawa & later Durham school board from '66 to '79. Guess how many days we lost to labour unrest over those 13 years? Exactly ONE! It was a day of protest that the teachers were trying to get parents to keep their kids at home while the teachers played hooky. Mother sent us as there was no way she was supporting them.

Fail, I've been following the news since I was a kid. We watched the CFTO news every night. Some highlights that I remember

G-G Georges Vanier's death in '67

The Kennedy & King assassinations in '68, but I don't recall the race riots afterwards

Listening on the radio at a friend's cottage that the Soviets had sent troops to Czechoslovakia

The various Apollo missions. I was kind of concerned when they had the Apollo crew all rigged up in 'hazmat' suits on the carrier after their splashdown.

The October Crisis w/ the FLQ & the PLO hijacking & blowing up airliners in the desert.

The Munich Olympic massacre. I had watched the opening ceremonies & then it ended so horribly

The Americans leaving South Viet Nam and Canada's role in the ICCS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Commission_of_Control_and_Supervision

As ARVN resistance in Saigon collapsed & people were fleeing in helicopters to off shore carriers 

I was very puzzled (as a 13 year old would be) why are they pushing the helicopters off the ships. "Isn't that a waste?"

The Watergate Senate hearings. Us kids were pissed because that's all that was on the US channels, non stop.

The release of the movie Tommy. My mother thought it was a Disney movie and that we should go see it. We never did. I was talking to a friend 1 day and she said she had gone to it (not sure who w/ though). I said that I never got a chance to see it. She said I didn't miss much as she didn't understand it. LOL

I bet if you ask any person that's in their mid 50s if they remember that shit happening & they'd draw a blank.

And no I don't remember the Leafs winning in '67. I would've been 5 and I'm thinking my parents felt that I'd see them win in the next year or 2 since the 1st half of the 60s had gone so well.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Been outdoors the last 2 days enjoying the UV rays & Vitamin D.

I went thru the Oshawa & later Durham school board from '66 to '79. Guess how many days we lost to labour unrest over those 13 years? Exactly ONE! It was a day of protest that the teachers were trying to get parents to keep their kids at home while the teachers played hooky. Mother sent us as there was no way she was supporting them.

Fail, I've been following the news since I was a kid. We watched the CFTO news every night. Some highlights that I remember

G-G Georges Vanier's death in '67

The Kennedy & King assassinations in '68, but I don't recall the race riots afterwards

Listening on the radio at a friend's cottage that the Soviets had sent troops to Czechoslovakia

The various Apollo missions. I was kind of concerned when they had the Apollo crew all rigged up in 'hazmat' suits on the carrier after their splashdown.

The October Crisis w/ the FLQ & the PLO hijacking & blowing up airliners in the desert.

The Munich Olympic massacre. I had watched the opening ceremonies & then it ended so horribly

The Americans leaving South Viet Nam and Canada's role in the ICCS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Commission_of_Control_and_Supervision

As ARVN resistance in Saigon collapsed & people were fleeing in helicopters to off shore carriers 

I was very puzzled (as a 13 year old would be) why are they pushing the helicopters off the ships. "Isn't that a waste?"

The Watergate Senate hearings. Us kids were pissed because that's all that was on the US channels, non stop.

The release of the movie Tommy. My mother thought it was a Disney movie and that we should go see it. We never did. I was talking to a friend 1 day and she said she had gone to it (not sure who w/ though). I said that I never got a chance to see it. She said I didn't miss much as she didn't understand it. LOL

I bet if you ask any person that's in their mid 50s if they remember that shit happening & they'd draw a blank.

And no I don't remember the Leafs winning in '67. I would've been 5 and I'm thinking my parents felt that I'd see them win in the next year or 2 since the 1st half of the 60s had gone so well.

I remember all that and more.

• Like 1