Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

20 minutes ago, 02sled said:

So in a nut shell... there isn't enough demand in Canada by Canadians for Canadian content that it would be able to sustain itself without government handouts. Translation... not good enough to appeal to enough people that want to hear and see it.

Kind of sad that radio is FORCED to play Canadian content rather than choose to play Canadian music based on it's own merits of what people want to hear.

English-language and French-language stations must ensure that at least 35% of the Popular Music they broadcast each week is Canadian content.

Commercial radio stations also have to ensure that at least 35% of the Popular Music broadcast between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday to Friday is Canadian content.

CBC / Radio Canada

CBC / Radio Canada stations must ensure that at least 50% of their Popular Music selections broadcast each week are Canadian content.

I couldn't disagree more

There is a reason Canada time and time again will produce a talent that is welcomed into the US markets - The reason is partly due to what you just posted.

Stop trying to sell us out to the USA 02sled, its a bad conservative view that will not work in Canada

Today there is this thing called the internet or cell phone, you can connect to any music market you wish, so your argument is a none issue today

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

So in a nut shell... there isn't enough demand in Canada by Canadians for Canadian content that it would be able to sustain itself without government handouts. Translation... not good enough to appeal to enough people that want to hear and see it.

Kind of sad that radio is FORCED to play Canadian content rather than choose to play Canadian music based on it's own merits of what people want to hear.

English-language and French-language stations must ensure that at least 35% of the Popular Music they broadcast each week is Canadian content.

Commercial radio stations also have to ensure that at least 35% of the Popular Music broadcast between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday to Friday is Canadian content.

CBC / Radio Canada

CBC / Radio Canada stations must ensure that at least 50% of their Popular Music selections broadcast each week are Canadian content.

The Wolf owned by CORUS in Peterborough plays the same ole same ole day in and day out. Since I've got Sirius in the truck I can listen to what I want, when I want. Terrestial radio isn't far behind print media in my books.

10 minutes ago, revrnd said:

The Wolf owned by CORUS in Peterborough plays the same ole same ole day in and day out. Since I've got Sirius in the truck I can listen to what I want, when I want. Terrestial radio isn't far behind print media in my books.

all radio stations world wide are the same, play the same line up - royalties are the reason for this.  Stations buy packages of music and really can't go outside that purchase. 

The day of the DJ doing something about the music content is over a long time ago

Sirius is great if you switch it up with channels, buddy has it and he listens to classic rock :lol:   fuck me q107 is free

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, revrnd said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/john-a-macdonald-statue-vandalized-in-downtown-montreal-1.4399452

I wonder if by Canada Day 2018 Sir John A MacDonald will be expunged from Canadian history? The PC crowd won't be happy until it happens. 

if anyone doesn' like the bills with his pic on them I will take them off your hands

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

all radio stations world wide are the same, play the same line up - royalties are the reason for this.  Stations buy packages of music and really can't go outside that purchase. 

The day of the DJ doing something about the music content is over a long time ago

Sirius is great if you switch it up with channels, buddy has it and he listens to classic rock :lol:   fuck me q107 is free

X2, with the variety I'm all over the place depending on my mood. Sounds like he needs an intervention. The Wolf is like Q107 Lite. The GTA needs a station like this:

http://wrif.com/

Listening to it you hear a lot of music that you don't hear in the Toronto area. 

Edited by revrnd

15 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Way to go Canada - back on the world stage

JT landed in the Philippines on Sunday with the goal of raising Canada’s profile in the Asia-Pacific region, especially on security issues and trade.

This week, Trudeau will become the first sitting Canadian prime minister to participate in the annual East Asia Summit and is the only one who’s ever been invited, his office said.

Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland said Sunday, after she and Trudeau arrived in Manila, that the East Asia Summit will give him a chair at the top security table in the region.

He will sit alongside Chinese President Xi Jinping and U.S. President Donald Trump during discussions on the security situation involving North Korea, she said.

“That is a really big deal,” Freeland said of the forum, which is held in conjunction with the annual summit of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.

“Canada has never been there before.”

The ASEAN summit itself will give Trudeau an opportunity to advance his trade agenda with the emerging bloc of 10 Southeast Asian countries, which is already Canada’s sixth-largest trading partner.

After reading Trudeau's resume and noting the highlighted experience as bouncer and bus boy the other World leaders felt that Trudeau would be a good candidate to fill the water glasses for the world leaders during there talks so they decided to invite him

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lots of potential.

The Crying Game,

Climate Barbie, and last but not least,

The Window Washer.

Don Martin was discussing this last night on Power Play & he said really there isn't any strong MPs that could step into the Finance job.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/11/14/trudeau-tells-philippines-duterte-hell-get-rid-of-rotting-canadian-trash-in-manila.html

LOL

Well...ahhhh...ahhh...ummm

Watching the video this morning of his Philippines news conference & this question popped into my head, "When Trudeau's speeches are translated into other languages, does the translator include the ums & ahs?"

• Haha 1

A month old but I found Don's comments online. Fail will say this isn't fair:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/don-martin-blog/don-martin-time-for-trudeau-to-quit-the-harper-blame-game-1.3621067

More oh nos:

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/11/14/17/duterte-says-insulted-by-trudeaus-move-to-raise-human-rights

Last week, Duterte said he would not accept human rights lecturing from other world leaders during his stay in Vietnam for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit. 

Reminds me of LBJ's reaction to Pearson speaking in the US:

1965 – at the height of the Vietnam War, Prime Minister Lester Pearson visited President Lyndon Johnson at the White House. Pearson gave a scathing speech one night about the war, then appeared at the White House the next day to confront a livid Johnson. As (author Lawrence) Martin describes it, LBJ grabbed Pearson by the shirt collar, lifted the prime minister off the floor and shouted, "You pissed on my rug!"

And then you have this nugget:

He said Canada is willing to share best practices and experiences with Southeast Asian nations to help solve humanitarian concerns in the region, including the Rohingya crisis in Myanmar.

What would these 'best practices and experiences' be?

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/11/14/trudeau-tells-philippines-duterte-hell-get-rid-of-rotting-canadian-trash-in-manila.html

LOL

Watching the video this morning of his Philippines news conference & this question popped into my head, "When Trudeau's speeches are translated into other languages, does the translator include the ums & ahs?"

Trudeau also wants to lecture him on how to handle drug dealers.  They don't have our problem with overcrowding jails.:lol: