Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

47 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

wrong

so you are saying now anyone one of these countries can flood our markets with say 'cheese'  - wrong they can not, Canada negotiated what cheese can be sold here

give Canada some credit you hater of anything Canadian

Wow... you really are sinking to a new high on the stupid meter today. It's a trade agreement with 28 countries as signatories agreeing to the document which spells out in detail what can be imported and exported to and from where and with what tariffs if applicable.

Again... you have this concept that Canada is the centre of the universe..."This is a Canadian Deal" as much as you like to think so we are not. This is a trade agreement that was initiated by Canada but is a 28 country deal of which Canada is one.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

I remember your anger and outrage at Harper in 2010 and 2012 -  :lol:   ONEWAY

I agree standing with our Military overseas is a fucking horrible thing to do while respecting the sacrifices given by so many. 

I didn't have a problem with Harper nor today with Trudeau on this subject......   neither disrespected anyone

I never mentioned Harper. Not sure why he is being brought up.

But the mere fact you are backing this man child makes me think absolutely nothing of you. 

It make me angry.

Good bye you waste.

49 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

But the mere fact you are backing this man child makes me think absolutely nothing of you. 

It make me angry.

Good bye you waste.

It's Fail's method of deflection... any time someone criticizes his hero Trudope he comes up with some BS about the past PM. I can only imagine his boss telling him he screwed up at work. I can see it now.... Fail you really botched that job you were working on between forum posts. Fail would tell his boss.... well Mike screwed up worse than I did 10 years ago so my screw up is okay.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

they need to keep up the pressure, its the only way to take the Liberals down.  Economy is rarely a reason

You idolize these type of people, not sure why you are so ONEWAY when selecting your idols - Rich Canadian sounds like your type of person :lol: 

Sorry I don't idolize rich silver spooners.

4 hours ago, 02sled said:

It's Fail's method of deflection... any time someone criticizes his hero Trudope he comes up with some BS about the past PM. I can only imagine his boss telling him he screwed up at work. I can see it now.... Fail you really botched that job you were working on between forum posts. Fail would tell his boss.... well Mike screwed up worse than I did 10 years ago so my screw up is okay.

that was actually good  and funny 02sled but not quite correct.

No where is there a direction for the PM to be at a certain spot on 11:11:11 every year, so its not in his job description.

nice try though

To me it makes no difference if Trudeau was here or singing O'Canada overseas with military personnel - seeing those wwII vets gathered is quite humbling 

That is what matters too me

How many here went to a ceremony today?  ya just what I thought 

5 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

It make me angry.

Good bye you waste.

You are angry in general it seems, kind of a day to day thing

and that was my point you didn't mention Harper as usual ONEWAY

"These PM's missing Remembrance Day in Canada makes me angry"  is a fine statement -  but that isn't what makes you angry so its a lie - Trudeau makes you angry

WHY, IN THE ABSENCE OF THE PRIME MINISTER, DOES THE CEREMONIAL ROLE FALL TO HIS WIFE, AN UNELECTED PERSON, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO OFFICIAL ROLE. WHY NOT THE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER? Well, because Trudeau hasn’t given any of his cabinet ministers the title of deputy prime minister. Surprised he didn't get one of his Muslim Brotherhood members to represent him… Omar Alghabra, Iraq Khalid, Maryam Monsef or Ahmed Hussen. Did anyone watch the Memorial event on CBC from Ottawa? Where were all the Muslims?

United Conservatives for Canada

13 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

that was actually good  and funny 02sled but not quite correct.

No where is there a direction for the PM to be at a certain spot on 11:11:11 every year, so its not in his job description.

nice try though

To me it makes no difference if Trudeau was here or singing O'Canada overseas with military personnel - seeing those wwII vets gathered is quite humbling 

That is what matters too me

How many here went to a ceremony today?  ya just what I thought 

Yeah right Fail.. it's not in Trudopes job description as PM. Actually I doubt he has a written job description. The reality is he made a decision. He had a choice. He could continue flitting around the globe showing off his socks or he could have been at home in Ottawa for one of the most significant and very emotional ceremonies / traditions that Canadians share. He made his choice. I believe he made the wrong choice.

11 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

WHY, IN THE ABSENCE OF THE PRIME MINISTER, DOES THE CEREMONIAL ROLE FALL TO HIS WIFE, AN UNELECTED PERSON, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO OFFICIAL ROLE. WHY NOT THE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER? Well, because Trudeau hasn’t given any of his cabinet ministers the title of deputy prime minister. Surprised he didn't get one of his Muslim Brotherhood members to represent him… Omar Alghabra, Iraq Khalid, Maryam Monsef or Ahmed Hussen. Did anyone watch the Memorial event on CBC from Ottawa? Where were all the Muslims?

United Conservatives for Canada

Actually Fail you came close to being right for once.... WHY, IN THE ABSENCE OF THE PRIME MINISTER, DOES THE CEREMONIAL ROLE FALL TO HIS WIFE, AN UNELECTED PERSON, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO OFFICIAL ROLE.

As for attending a ceremony. I did. I also watched the one from the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum and the one from Ottawa on CTV... how terrible of me to have chosen CTV rather than the anointed CBC. Funny how CTV manages to operate and make a profit without the $675M the government gives CBC.

Edited by 02sled

Yeah right Fail.. it's not in Trudopes job description as PM. Actually I doubt he has a written job description. The reality is he made a decision. He had a choice. He could continue flitting around the globe showing off his socks or he could have been at home in Ottawa for one of the most significant and very emotional ceremonies / traditions that Canadians share. He made his choice. I believe he made the wrong choice.

Yes he made a choice to stand with soldiers overseas,  those soldiers may not have the same thought as you. 

One thing I am sure of is that if he was here he would be bashed like he was last year by the haters

Actually Fail you came close to being right for once.... WHY, IN THE ABSENCE OF THE PRIME MINISTER, DOES THE CEREMONIAL ROLE FALL TO HIS WIFE, AN UNELECTED PERSON, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO OFFICIAL ROLE.

As for attending a ceremony. I did. I also watched the one from the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum and the one from Ottawa on CTV... how terrible of me to have chosen CTV rather than the anointed CBC. Funny how CTV manages to operate and make a profit without the $675M the government gives CBC.

not sure what CBC has to do with this but whatever. 

that was a post made by wacko conservative site that promotes hatred towards muslims - was posted more a joke than anything else

14 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

not sure what CBC has to do with this but whatever. 

that was a post made by wacko conservative site that promotes hatred towards muslims - was posted more a joke than anything else

Because you just recently... went on an on singing the praises of how the CBC was THE network to watch to be an informed Canadian. Short memory as usual

Edited by 02sled

Just now, 02sled said:

Because you just recently... like yesterday went on an on singing the praises of how the CBC was THE network to watch to be an informed Canadian

Ya I was talking about day to day happenings in Canadian government - still waiting for you to post who does a better coverage

I have also said all our news (except the Sun) is non bias and that includes CTV news which I watch everyday

move along HATER - read up on what is funded by the taxpayer and come back

32 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Ya I was talking about day to day happenings in Canadian government - still waiting for you to post who does a better coverage

I have also said all our news (except the Sun) is non bias and that includes CTV news which I watch everyday

move along HATER - read up on what is funded by the taxpayer and come back

Oh I know what is funded by the taxpayer Fail... it's you that needs to read up on the subject. The likes of Global and CTV don't get handed hundreds of $M's each year like CBC does. Yet they still operate and profitably at that.

CBC / Radio just asked for AN EXTRA $400M in federal funding

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cbc-radio-canada-ad-free-proposal-1.3871077

The additional money CBC is asking for would largely be "replacement funding" if the media organization eliminates advertising. The proposal requests $318 million to replace advertising revenue: $253 million in lost ad sales plus $105 million to "produce and procure additional Canadian content" to fill the programming gaps in their absence. CBC is also asking for $100 million in "additional funding of new investments to face consumer and technology disruption."

However, the proposal notes that removing ads will also result in savings of $40 million in the cost of selling advertising.

Total government funding for CBC would equal an investment of $46 per Canadian every year — up from the current $34 per Canadian it currently receives, the document says. 

I wonder if the average family of 4 would choose to give $184.00 to the CBC if they had the choice. Given the choice of paying $92 for my wife and I having the privilege of watching CBC versus the other networks free offerings... I would opt out of the CBC in a heartbeat. The 2016 federal budget already allocated increased funding for CBC but as shown above they don't think that's enough.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/liberals-pledge-675-million-in-cbc-funding/article29354285/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com

A $675-million pledge by the Liberal government – which includes $75-million in new funds for the rest of this fiscal year followed by an extra $150-million annually through 2021 – is the anticipated centrepiece of an array of new cultural spending totalling nearly $1.9-billion over the next five years.

26 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Oh I know what is funded by the taxpayer Fail... it's you that needs to read up on the subject. The likes of Global and CTV don't get handed hundreds of $M's each year like CBC does. Yet they still operate and profitably at that.

CBC / Radio just asked for AN EXTRA $400M in federal funding

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cbc-radio-canada-ad-free-proposal-1.3871077

The additional money CBC is asking for would largely be "replacement funding" if the media organization eliminates advertising. The proposal requests $318 million to replace advertising revenue: $253 million in lost ad sales plus $105 million to "produce and procure additional Canadian content" to fill the programming gaps in their absence. CBC is also asking for $100 million in "additional funding of new investments to face consumer and technology disruption."

However, the proposal notes that removing ads will also result in savings of $40 million in the cost of selling advertising.

Total government funding for CBC would equal an investment of $46 per Canadian every year — up from the current $34 per Canadian it currently receives, the document says. 

I wonder if the average family of 4 would choose to give $184.00 to the CBC if they had the choice. Given the choice of paying $92 for my wife and I having the privilege of watching CBC versus the other networks free offerings... I would opt out of the CBC in a heartbeat. The 2016 federal budget already allocated increased funding for CBC but as shown above they don't think that's enough.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/liberals-pledge-675-million-in-cbc-funding/article29354285/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com

A $675-million pledge by the Liberal government – which includes $75-million in new funds for the rest of this fiscal year followed by an extra $150-million annually through 2021 – is the anticipated centrepiece of an array of new cultural spending totalling nearly $1.9-billion over the next five years.

What i find interesting is while you support TV stations that have 70% American content while cbc has 0%

Canada spends 3.5 billion a year on culture, arts, ect this includes CBC

Read up on section 19.1 of the tax act - call for its removal

CBC takes in 1.5 billion from all sources (approx 600 million taxpayers) of that.

600 million for English Tv

420 million is for French tv

330 million for Radio One Two Three ( cbc one reaches 99% of all Canadians) no advertising dollars are made.

Where do you think the the 900 million in advertising dollars come from? 

Do the haters really mean cut funding for CBC radio? 

CBC by law must produce Canadian content all day while Private TV spends little providing American content -

CBC was brought in to stop the American media from taking over Canadian airwaves - so glad for this

Private conventional TV saw an operating loss of $30.26 million, with a negative profitability margin of 1.8%. That number was less drastic than 2014 and 2015, which were negative 2.3% and 3.4%, respectively.

Meanwhile, the CBC saw a total revenue increase of 7.04%, totalling $1.18 billion in 2016. Although local time sales and syndication revenues were down (11.84% and 26.23%, respectively), growth in national time sales and other revenue drove the overall increase. National sales revenue rose to $222.5 million (a 30.44% increase), while other revenue (which included parliamentary appropriation) came to $853.18 million (up by 6.94%).

Way to go Canada - back on the world stage

JT landed in the Philippines on Sunday with the goal of raising Canada’s profile in the Asia-Pacific region, especially on security issues and trade.

This week, Trudeau will become the first sitting Canadian prime minister to participate in the annual East Asia Summit and is the only one who’s ever been invited, his office said.

Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland said Sunday, after she and Trudeau arrived in Manila, that the East Asia Summit will give him a chair at the top security table in the region.

He will sit alongside Chinese President Xi Jinping and U.S. President Donald Trump during discussions on the security situation involving North Korea, she said.

“That is a really big deal,” Freeland said of the forum, which is held in conjunction with the annual summit of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.

“Canada has never been there before.”

The ASEAN summit itself will give Trudeau an opportunity to advance his trade agenda with the emerging bloc of 10 Southeast Asian countries, which is already Canada’s sixth-largest trading partner.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Way to go Canada - back on the world stage

JT landed in the Philippines on Sunday with the goal of raising Canada’s profile in the Asia-Pacific region, especially on security issues and trade.

This week, Trudeau will become the first sitting Canadian prime minister to participate in the annual East Asia Summit and is the only one who’s ever been invited, his office said.

Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland said Sunday, after she and Trudeau arrived in Manila, that the East Asia Summit will give him a chair at the top security table in the region.

He will sit alongside Chinese President Xi Jinping and U.S. President Donald Trump during discussions on the security situation involving North Korea, she said.

“That is a really big deal,” Freeland said of the forum, which is held in conjunction with the annual summit of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.

“Canada has never been there before.”

The ASEAN summit itself will give Trudeau an opportunity to advance his trade agenda with the emerging bloc of 10 Southeast Asian countries, which is already Canada’s sixth-largest trading partner.

So are we going to start sending Canadian nannies to the Philippines?  Big deal.:lol:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

:lol:

:lol: such a catchy song with meaning that stands even more so today

They got little hands
Little eyes
They walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

most people don't get the idea of this song

Short People are just the same
As you and I
(A Fool Such As I)
All men are brothers
Until the day they die
(It's A Wonderful World)

Edited by 1trailmaker

4 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

What i find interesting is while you support TV stations that have 70% American content while cbc has 0%

Canada spends 3.5 billion a year on culture, arts, ect this includes CBC

Read up on section 19.1 of the tax act - call for its removal

CBC takes in 1.5 billion from all sources (approx 600 million taxpayers) of that.

600 million for English Tv

420 million is for French tv

330 million for Radio One Two Three ( cbc one reaches 99% of all Canadians) no advertising dollars are made.

Where do you think the the 900 million in advertising dollars come from? 

Do the haters really mean cut funding for CBC radio? 

CBC by law must produce Canadian content all day while Private TV spends little providing American content -

CBC was brought in to stop the American media from taking over Canadian airwaves - so glad for this

Private conventional TV saw an operating loss of $30.26 million, with a negative profitability margin of 1.8%. That number was less drastic than 2014 and 2015, which were negative 2.3% and 3.4%, respectively.

Meanwhile, the CBC saw a total revenue increase of 7.04%, totalling $1.18 billion in 2016. Although local time sales and syndication revenues were down (11.84% and 26.23%, respectively), growth in national time sales and other revenue drove the overall increase. National sales revenue rose to $222.5 million (a 30.44% increase), while other revenue (which included parliamentary appropriation) came to $853.18 million (up by 6.94%).

So in a nut shell... there isn't enough demand in Canada by Canadians for Canadian content that it would be able to sustain itself without government handouts. Translation... not good enough to appeal to enough people that want to hear and see it.

Kind of sad that radio is FORCED to play Canadian content rather than choose to play Canadian music based on it's own merits of what people want to hear.

English-language and French-language stations must ensure that at least 35% of the Popular Music they broadcast each week is Canadian content.

Commercial radio stations also have to ensure that at least 35% of the Popular Music broadcast between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday to Friday is Canadian content.

CBC / Radio Canada

CBC / Radio Canada stations must ensure that at least 50% of their Popular Music selections broadcast each week are Canadian content.

28 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol: such a catchy song with meaning that stands even more so today

They got little hands
Little eyes
They walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

most people don't get the idea of this song

Short People are just the same