Check your account email address ×

September was an absolute disaster for new car sales

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Keep it 10-15 years and let me know.

Its a 2010 so it is 10 years old already. It gets serviced at the Buick dealer I bought it from.  It has been flawless and still looks and drives like new. I put new pads and turned the rotors this summer at 70,000 miles. They could have gone another 10k easily. 

Its a super quiet very comfortable car. Huge interior. Great fuel economy for a full sized, AWD, semi luxury car. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, snopro31 said:

Its nuts the prices of new.

My 2012 was MRSP 55k.

Same truck for 2019 (same options) is 68k.  Its the same damn truck under the skin. 

Checked out a new High Country 1/2 ton. 79k sticker.. for a damn 1/2 ton 

• Haha 1

16 w 24k miles, 110k window sticker.  Another year and 12k of warranty.  46k .  I’ve had it about 6 months now and almost feel guilty its so nice.  :lol:  i just wish you could do the same thing with pickups.

A044A31D-F2D2-461C-9011-DB15D3162563.jpeg

956EA91E-B106-45B2-94D2-7FD9D1800DEC.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

16 w 24k miles, 110k window sticker.  Another year and 12k of warranty.  46k .  I’ve had it about 6 months now and almost feel guilty its so nice.  :lol:  i just wish you could do the same thing with pickups.

That is such a bad ass car. 

53 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That is such a bad ass car. 

Thanks.  The best part is just how fast it is for a big car, like low 4 second 0-60.  For a hp nut it’s really addictive.  That said if I bought it New I’d be throwing up in my mouth.  :lol: .  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

20 hours ago, snopro31 said:

Its nuts the prices of new.

My 2012 was MRSP 55k.

Same truck for 2019 (same options) is 68k.  Its the same damn truck under the skin. 

My 2010 F150 was 35k (not MSRP).  The CAD/US exchange was at par even in 2012.  That does make a difference, esp with a. current exchange @1.33.

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My 2010 F150 was 35k (not MSRP).  The CAD/US exchange was at par even in 2012.  That does make a difference, esp with a. current exchange @1.33.

The whole exchange thing is a farce.  When the dollars were equal the prices kept rising no matter what. 

Take a look at skidoo.  Manufactured in Canada.  Yet they say the price difference is due to the dollar.  Well when the dollar's were par it didn't make a damn difference. 

The auto industry along with real estate needs a reality check.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

The whole exchange thing is a farce.  When the dollars were equal the prices kept rising no matter what. 

Take a look at skidoo.  Manufactured in Canada.  Yet they say the price difference is due to the dollar.  Well when the dollar's were par it didn't make a damn difference. 

The auto industry along with real estate needs a reality check.

Most Canadian OEMs will base prices in USD.  

For this reason, other than labour, most goods used on the end products are bought in USD.  

I also paid 35k for my 2014 Rubicon that currently has an MSRP of 58k.

Europeans pay more for their cars built locally than Americans who import them.  Life's a bitch.

21 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Had a 740i rental for about a month earlier this year, nice car but yeah not 100 grand nice. Was glad to get back in my truck.

16 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

A 100k rental?

I think bmw is number one for taking a dive in value once you drive off the lot. Do like these guys said, 3 years old 20 or 30 thousand something miles, half price. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

For the same money or less, I'd take a comparable Lexus 7 days a week.  

Dad had an RX350. While it was nice, my PERSONAL preference is still the X5.

53 minutes ago, Snake said:

Dad had an RX350. While it was nice, my PERSONAL preference is still the X5.

Lexuses are quality cars no doubt, but bore the fuck out of me.  Like a gussied up Toyota