Check your account email address ×

Wisconsin VINEYARDS DECIMATED FOLLOWING HISTORICALLY COLD AND WET GROWING SEASON

jtssrx

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, frenchy said:

what's the Wisconsin vino of choice for a fish boil?

I think its a Chardonnay called DDF.  Short for Dead Deer Fuckers.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Isn't sandy (well draining), hilly ground best for grape growing?   All kinds of loamy, sandy ground in Wi and Mi.  

Soil, climate, altitude all contribute to excellent wine grapes.

https://churchillmanor.com/blog/2015/09/napa-valley-climate/

3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

If you like sweet wines you'll like Michigan and Wisconsin wines, if you like a Napa Cab you can use Wisconsin and Michigan wines for cooking.

I don’t care for the Michigan wines. Too sweet for me. That cherry wine is nasty.

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Grapes have been pretty good those year. Prolly from Mexico. 

exxxxxactly.  Many wineries have started up around here over the past 5 or so years.  They plant a couple acres of grapes, buy a zero turn mower, build a big fancy dining hall, and poof they're a vinyard/winery.  Any fool can see they're not producing shit off the vines, but they've got the general public fooled, so that's all that matters, I guess.

1 minute ago, hayward said:

exxxxxactly.  Many wineries have started up around here over the past 5 or so years.  They plant a couple acres of grapes, buy a zero turn mower, build a big fancy dining hall, and poof they're a vinyard/winery.  Any fool can see they're not producing shit off the vines, but they've got the general public fooled, so that's all that matters, I guess.

I’m enjoying a bowl of delicious grapes, cheddar cheese, and walnuts as I type this. Damn good. 

10 hours ago, Edmo said:

I don’t care for the Michigan wines. Too sweet for me. That cherry wine is nasty.

Never was a fan either but they do a booming business up and down The Leelanau Peninsula. 

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Never was a fan either but they do a booming business up and down The Leelanau Peninsula. 

The industry has become yuge. I remember going to Napa Valley in the early 80’s and the tasting room was the barn. You could drink all you wanted for free. Now it’s a fancy bar and everyone’s all dressed up and a glass of wine is $12. :lol: 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Soil, climate, altitude all contribute to excellent wine grapes.

https://churchillmanor.com/blog/2015/09/napa-valley-climate/

Are you a wine snob?  :lol::poke:

I actually have some perfect ground for growing grapes but don't want to ruin the deer food plot and cover it provides.