Check your account email address ×

2019 Hay Days

What did you guys get?  I picked up 5 gallons of ctec2 oil, a belt, and new Klim bibs. Got there just after 7 this morning and didnt leave until 530 or so. Didnt have to wait in traffic more than a few minutes to park. The new site works really well, just a little further north.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

Correct, no SX sled for Cat this year. Talked with Brian Dick this morning about it (nice guy).  He thought it was about time to turn in my 16.  I told him to give me a real to.

SnoX is dying fast.  It is probably a smart move to shift resources in a different direction.  The rumors of Cat pulling out of SnoX weren't all that far off.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

SnoX is dying fast.  It is probably a smart move to shift resources in a different direction.  The rumors of Cat pulling out of SnoX weren't all that far off.  

I dont know about snox dying.  Still seems like lots of races around here.

My thought is they are clearing out all the existing stock of procross chassis sleds for something new next year.  They need a bigger 2 stroke and a new chassis if they are going to compete.

4 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

My thought is they are clearing out all the existing stock of procross chassis sleds for something new next year.  They need a bigger 2 stroke and a new chassis if they are going to compete.

I think a new chassis is coming. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

It did look like it was coming back the last few years.  I'm not around it much any more so I can't really say. 

The Poo IQr got some modest refinements to the rear skid and shocks.  Tunnel has been changed some with a steeper kick up in the rear.  Totally different track with full bar paddles from side to side.  Still 136" track. Poo removed the exhaust valve solenoids so we don't have to.  No fuel injection, still carb'd.   The skid refinements are supposed to help it turn better without losing any travel on the front of the rail.  

20 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

So no SnoX sled for Cat this year.  Just some updates to the 2019.  @Zambroski

That’s what it appears.  I don’t mind that so much as most of these sleds are just BNG’s plus some updates.  But what I am concerned with is their thin budget and the amount of racers heading out the door.  It’s all supposed to be part of a “year of thinning” before Textron kicks it up again but......while I’m hopeful, I’m somewhat perplexed about Textron’s lack of communication and ability to squelch rumors.  Is it because there is some truth in them or, they just don’t care?  For a company to come in and talk about how much cash they were going to dump into the snow side then, POOF!  “We’re now going to take a year and get lean” well, :dunno:

13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I’ve been hearing that for about as long as the rumors of Cat going out of business.  Numbers show growth and the kick off here in Duluth is always a record attendance.  The racing is better than ever.  I don’t know what revenues are though.

4 minutes ago, Rapid Anus said:

I think a new chassis is coming. 

I’m hearing a WHOLE LOT of great stuff I can’t quite confirm.  I hope half of it is true. Not just for Cat but the industry.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

That’s what it appears.  I don’t mind that so much as most of these sleds are just BNG’s plus some updates.  But what I am concerned with is their thin budget and the amount of racers heading out the door.  It’s all supposed to be part of a “year of thinning” before Textron kicks it up again but......while I’m hopeful, I’m somewhat perplexed about Textron’s lack of communication and ability to squelch rumors.  Is it because there is some truth in them or, they just don’t care?  For a company to come in and talk about how much cash they were going to dump into the snow side then, POOF!  “We’re now going to take a year and get lean” well, :dunno:

I’ve been hearing that for about as long as the rumors of Cat going out of business.  Numbers show growth and the kick off here in Duluth is always a record attendance.  The racing is better than ever.  I don’t know what revenues are though.

I’m hearing a WHOLE LOT of great stuff I can’t quite confirm.  I hope half of it is true. Not just for Cat but the industry.

So did Cat even have any race sleds on display at Haydays.  XC. Hill X, Hill Climb, etc?   All I see from the pictures on facebook are consumer sleds with some accessories from the catalog.  

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

So did Cat even have any race sleds on display at Haydays.  XC. Hill X, Hill Climb, etc?   All I see from the pictures on facebook are consumer sleds with some accessories from the catalog.  

No race sleds in the booth.  Pretty much just the 2020 model year sleds with all the accessories installed.

4 hours ago, Anler said:

So the rumor must be true, cat is finally coming out with something new and that's why the 2020 is a big blah.

Hahaha, Not exactly.  The rumor that Cat is pulling out of racing is becoming more of a reality every day.  

14 hours ago, Rapid Anus said:

Good. Sno X spending is dumb 

14 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hard for me to get excited about these tiny little tracks and 30 second laptimes.  I wish cross country racing was more popular, or they could host races at venues with respectable length tracks.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I've watched their videos on the beast sled.  What a ride.

Neal

What a ride that must be. Nothing hooks harder

Edited by Skidooski

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Hard for me to get excited about these tiny little tracks and 30 second laptimes.  I wish cross country racing was more popular, or they could host races at venues with respectable length tracks.

Impress me by winning a Jackman/P Farm/Rockwood/Jackman race.

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

Impress me by winning a Jackman/P Farm/Rockwood/Jackman race.

Yup.  They did have that race at Lake Parlin a couple years ago, shame they couldnt host more events like that.  Probably a huge undertaking though

Oh My God the new RS is so bad ass.  SkiDoo never stops adding technology to their race sleds.  Cat and Poo should just hang it up.

https://www.ski-doo.com/content/ski-doo/en_US/community/x-team-racing/mxz-x-600rs-2020.html?fbclid=IwAR0GgWZbvEl4bEqwZO6OC92BQjAViXma6XIUSRxen5sGGgjd1mb8bp036go#.XXT9XleSPfM.facebook

MXZ-600RS-2020-1.jpg

MXZ-600RS-2020-4.jpg

MXZ-600RS-2020-3.jpg

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Oh My God the new RS is so bad ass.  SkiDoo never stops adding technology to their race sleds.  Cat and Poo should just hang it up.

https://www.ski-doo.com/content/ski-doo/en_US/community/x-team-racing/mxz-x-600rs-2020.html?fbclid=IwAR0GgWZbvEl4bEqwZO6OC92BQjAViXma6XIUSRxen5sGGgjd1mb8bp036go#.XXT9XleSPfM.facebook

MXZ-600RS-2020-1.jpg

MXZ-600RS-2020-4.jpg

MXZ-600RS-2020-3.jpg

I’d like to buy one for drag racing. That sucker is probably near 140 hp