Check your account email address ×

The Next Recession Will Destroy Millennials

Just now, Zambroski said:

The bright and resilient will always be fine.  There just happens to much less of that in this generation.  Look at the protest groups to find the weakest.

Yeah. Not sure it’s even an age thing anymore. Like thpin could easily be a millennial 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

They have nothing to lose, how’s it going to fuck them over more than they’ve done to themselves?  

Is this a moment of clarity or sarcasm?  

Millennials and boomers are the ones propping up our phony economy by dumping everything they make into it and then adding massive debt spending on top. Take that away and things go to shit pretty quick. But lets blame them. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Millennials and boomers are the ones propping up our phony economy by dumping everything they make into it and then adding massive debt spending on top. Take that away and things go to shit pretty quick. But lets blame them. 

Millennials?

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No, just questioning how much they are really contributing.

The older and wiser they get, sure.

Well not all millenials are living in their parents basement, many are working and making great money. They are buying up condos and houses in the city and those are top $$$. Alot of the new tech and trends are being pushed by millenials. All of the universities around here are slammed and building new facilites because of all of the enrollment. And the biggest companies in the world are all recruiting right out of these schools. Doctors, engineers, tech, business, etc.. Millennials are taking over.

I'm 28 and have a nice 1500 sqft ranch on 29 acres, a nice truck, snowmobiles, more than my annual salary + bonus in a 401k, etc. There are plenty of hardworking millenials out there putting plenty of money into the economy. We're just easy to pick on cause we're the new generation with a whiny minority and we're breaking cultural norms. :snack:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well not all millenials are living in their parents basement, many are working and making great money. They are buying up condos and houses in the city and those are top $$$. Alot of the new tech and trends are being pushed by millenials. All of the universities around here are slammed and building new facilites because of all of the enrollment. And the biggest companies in the world are all recruiting right out of these schools. Doctors, engineers, tech, business, etc.. Millennials are taking over.

How is that any different than 50 years ago?  

The degrees most are graduating from today in, don't fall under any of those fields, just like 50 years ago.:lol:

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How is that any different than 50 years ago?  

The degrees most are graduating from today in, don't fall under any of those fields, just like 50 years ago.:lol:

I would say the difference is enrollments are way up. We are working at many of these universities and they are spending hundreds of millions per year on expansion and improvements. 

5 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

I'm 28 and have a nice 1500 sqft ranch on 29 acres, a nice truck, snowmobiles, more than my annual salary + bonus in a 401k, etc. There are plenty of hardworking millenials out there putting plenty of money into the economy. We're just easy to pick on cause we're the new generation with a whiny minority and we're breaking cultural norms. :snack:

Good for you.:bc:

I socked away a ton when I was in my early 20's and its paying off big time.  Most of my friends were in the same scenario as me and all did the same.  Life is good.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

:goodpost:

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

it's a toyota so it's not that nice :snack:  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

VVVV

15 hours ago, Zambroski said:

The bright and resilient will always be fine.  There just happens to much less of that in this generation.  Look at the protest groups to find the weakest.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it's a toyota so it's not that nice :snack:  

Says the guy towing his Freeride with an Elizabeth Warren stickered up Smart Car! :owned:

:lol::bc:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Says the guy towing his Freeride with an Elizabeth Warren stickered up Smart Car! :owned:

:lol::bc:

your prognostication about my political leanings is about as accurate as woolies

can't wait to get rid of the freeride,  sold the jeep yesterday so between those going my carbon footprints looking better Thinking Chevy Volt for my daily driver to replace the Explorer and swapping the HIghlander for Rav 4 hybrid.    :news:  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

your prognostication about my political leanings is about as accurate as woolies

can't wait to get rid of the freeride,  sold the jeep yesterday so between those going my carbon footprints looking better Thinking Chevy Volt for my daily driver to replace the Explorer and swapping the HIghlander for Rav 4 hybrid.    :news:  

The Warren thing was a joke Ginger Geoff, I know you're going to vote for:

fb9ca942d86b80b663f36c986bfb30e554d1b540

I figure after you sell all the toys you can move into a Yurt in northern NH on Uncle Snotty's run down estate since you won't need as much space anymore and you'll have as much rotten firewood in poorly stacked piles that you'll ever need! :lol::bc:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

The Warren thing was a joke Ginger Geoff, I know you're going to vote for:

fb9ca942d86b80b663f36c986bfb30e554d1b540

I figure after you sell all the toys you can move into a Yurt in northern NH on Uncle Snotty's run down estate since you won't need as much space anymore and you'll have as much rotten firewood in poorly stacked piles that you'll ever need! :lol::bc:

Don’t forget to bring a gimp mask!!! :bc: