Check your account email address ×

The tide is starting to turn on one of Trump's favorite industries

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Your whole adult life has required guidance....first the Army and now The Teamsters.

Tell the class again about when me and the Teamster business agent went outside and duked it out. :lol:

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

A coworker just bought a new 19 Denali 3/4 ton. He said the dealer had 6 19’s on the lot to choose from and the 20’s are going to start showing up? I think the auto industry was way over confident and over produced?

A buddy of mine works for linamar. He estimates a 20% downturn looking forward at projects. 

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

A coworker just bought a new 19 Denali 3/4 ton. He said the dealer had 6 19’s on the lot to choose from and the 20’s are going to start showing up? I think the auto industry was way over confident and over produced?

with the new body coming out for 20 the 19's sitting a bit are not a big surprise

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

A buddy of mine works for linamar. He estimates a 20% downturn looking forward at projects. 

I talked to "your buddy".  He's says he just tells you shit to fuck with you.  We laughed.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Anler said:

I think Ben already told us about this. I wonder where the slow down is, construction, autos?

I know this tho, the more people cry recession the less likely people are to build or buy. We need some positive news on the horizon. 

Not seeing any slowdown with our customers across a diverse spectrum of industries all private sector.  The PO's keep coming.:bc:

Auto, food, chemical, plastics all going full steam with projects scoped past 2022.  

4 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I buy myself a new car every 10 to 12 years. Fuck that every 2 to 3 year shit.

Pretty much buy everything new with few exceptions and keep them for a bit.  My F150 is an 2010 so I might replace it next year.  Never really liked owning other people's stuff.

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not seeing any slowdown with our customers across a diverse spectrum of industries all private sector.  The PO's keep coming.:bc:

Auto, food, chemical, plastics all going full steam with projects scoped past 2022.  

We are just coming off of our busy season so ask me in 2 months how it's looking. This past spring wasn't all that great. 

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I like that new car smell.

I decided I was only going to buy new 20 years ago. I hate working on cars and don't want problems because I drive a ton. If the wife could stop crashing hers we could keep them longer. My 2015 ram is rolling 140k. I figure after 200k it'll be time to upgrade. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

We are just coming off of our busy season so ask me in 2 months how it's looking. This past spring wasn't all that great. 

It goes way beyond just me.  All of the equipment suppliers are saying the same as well and more importantly, the automation Manus who have account managers glued to the billion dollar corps who help to accurately forecast their sales numbers.:bc:

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I like that new car smell.

You can buy it in a can or they even have the pine trees you can hang on your mirror. 

I worked for a Ford dealer doing dealer swaps mostly high end trucks and suvs  drove all over the east swapping them out, one was a 88,000 dually another was a 68,000 platinum f-150 imagine 68,000 for a half ton truck. They are nice and all but holy shit the prices are crazy.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

It goes way beyond just me.  All of the equipment suppliers are saying the same as well and more importantly, the automation Manus who have account managers glued to the billion dollar corps who help to accurately forecast their sales numbers.:bc:

We are pretty much tied to real estate and retail. They've been slammed the last 4-5 years. But I know from experience when they start talking recession or war or govt shut down things clam up quick. Still bidding quite a bit right now. 

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

We are pretty much tied to real estate and retail. They've been slammed the last 4-5 years. But I know from experience when they start talking recession or war or govt shut down things clam up quick. Still bidding quite a bit right now. 

We have zero retail or real estate exposure and a few unique products.  The reason we don't compete with local integrators.

23 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

You can buy it in a can or they even have the pine trees you can hang on your mirror. 

I worked for a Ford dealer doing dealer swaps mostly high end trucks and suvs  drove all over the east swapping them out, one was a 88,000 dually another was a 68,000 platinum f-150 imagine 68,000 for a half ton truck. They are nice and all but holy shit the prices are crazy.

I know about the can.:lol:

I just don't like owning anything used.  Just one out of 5 vehicles I currently own was bought used, a recent 05 M3 purchase.

7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The resident mouth breathing hacks will simply label this as TDS and move on.

Jimmy aligning himself with Fredo is almost a 100% sign that they’re wrong :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I like buying turn-ins from 2yr/24k mile leases.. About half price..

I tell myself to buy new and keep them for 10+ years otherwise I would lease and trade every 3 years.

Fyi, there is very little commercial/business use of our cars since most customer visits require a plane ticket.

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I tell myself to buy new and keep them for 10+ years otherwise I would lease and trade every 3 years.

Fyi, there is very little commercial/business use of our cars since most customer visits require a plane ticket.

If you keep them 10 years that makes quite a difference in the loss. I bought my truck with 15,000 miles on it saved about 8,000 over new and the new  ones had cats on them mine was the last year without them, put over 150,000 miles on it and still going strong.