Check your account email address ×

China Halts U.S. Agriculture Purchases as Trade War Heats Up

China's been doing this shit for years.  The rotten bastards agree to buy x-amount of beans or corn, and right up until the day before it's due to be loaded on a barge and delivered, the cocksuckers would back out of the deal, and the price of corn or beans would plummet.  Days later, they buy that amount and then some at a lower price (because their little shenanigans just tanked the market) and boom, they get it cheaper and the farmer takes it on the chin again, and it takes weeks and weeks for the market price to recover to where it had been before their little game began.   Nothing new here, just a bit more daily fuckery by them.

They'll fuck around till the election thinking a democrat gets in.  I hope none do, or if they do, they maintain the same stance as of right now.  These fuckers are gonna get hungry sometime, or change their diet.  Or build roads and infrastructure in Brazil.  Who knows really.

16 minutes ago, hayward said:

China's been doing this shit for years.  The rotten bastards agree to buy x-amount of beans or corn, and right up until the day before it's due to be loaded on a barge and delivered, the cocksuckers would back out of the deal, and the price of corn or beans would plummet.  Days later, they buy that amount and then some at a lower price (because their little shenanigans just tanked the market) and boom, they get it cheaper and the farmer takes it on the chin again, and it takes weeks and weeks for the market price to recover to where it had been before their little game began.   Nothing new here, just a bit more daily fuckery by them.

They'll fuck around till the election thinking a democrat gets in.  I hope none do, or if they do, they maintain the same stance as of right now.  These fuckers are gonna get hungry sometime, or change their diet.  Or build roads and infrastructure in Brazil.  Who knows really.

But MC says it's not China derp....its corporations derp derp

19 minutes ago, hayward said:

Yeah they’ve been doing this for years 

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Corporate America is the problem not China. The Democrats know this the Republicans never did. Seems most here don’t.

good god it never ends with pampers . your family must be long past ready for a funeral 

9 hours ago, hayward said:

Similar to Walmart then.:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Weird how you always have one shoved up your ass and one in your mouth simultaneously :gfight:

Now this...your projection is troubling.

I have a quality audit with the Chinese govt in September.   Might be an interesting few days.   We've passed 6 of them and have done nothing but improve our QMS every year.   Bet this one doesn't go as smooth.  :pc:

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I have a quality audit with the Chinese govt in September.   Might be an interesting few days.   We've passed 6 of them and have done nothing but improve our QMS every year.   Bet this one doesn't go as smooth.  :pc:

Any chance it won't happen now? :dunno: they have already swollen all your technology so why bother 

Just now, Momorider said:

Any chance it won't happen now? :dunno: they have already swollen all your technology so why bother 

It will happen.   This is a product we contract mfg for a customer so we have no choice.   It never pan's out for the cost of the audit.   Very few units are sold in China as the tariff that has always been applied make them too expensive.   

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

ISO?

30 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

ISO?

Its basically the same thing.   They follow it almost exactly but call it something of their own.   We've had great experiences with them in past audits.  

Edited by Highmark

On 8/5/2019 at 7:02 PM, Woodtick said:

Fuck China. They need our food. We don’t need the junk they produce. 

The Chinese do not need our beans, they have Brazil and have committed to increasing there domestic soy production from 16 million tons to 24 million tons, Trump's friend President Xi has called the trade war a new Long March, read and understand Chinese history and you will know that even if the Chinese lost millions of citizens because of starvation it would just be a footnote in Chinese history.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:25 AM, Highmark said:

We were in Galena for a wedding back in June, the hairdresser who did my wife's hair said the farmers were very concerned about this trade war, we've been lucky that for the most part we have been able to pass along the price increases we have seen from the tariffs, my concern now is this trade war causing a recession. Wishing you the best with the audit.

18 hours ago, Highmark said:

Its basically the same thing.   They follow it almost exactly but call it something of their own.   We've had great experiences with them in past audits.  

They call it something else so that they don't have to pay into ISO or be dictated to about their rules. One of the salesman on the new side of our business said it best when he says dealing with China is like having  negotiations with a pick pocket.

17 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The Chinese do not need our beans, they have Brazil and have committed to increasing there domestic soy production from 16 million tons to 24 million tons, Trump's friend President Xi has called the trade war a new Long March, read and understand Chinese history and you will know that even if the Chinese lost millions of citizens because of starvation it would just be a footnote in Chinese history.

We were in Galena for a wedding back in June, the hairdresser who did my wife's hair said the farmers were very concerned about this trade war, we've been lucky that for the most part we have been able to pass along the price increases we have seen from the tariffs, my concern now is this trade war causing a recession. Wishing you the best with the audit.

Auditing "company" (ran by govt) is not responding to finalizing the audit dates and what not so the meeting I had yesterday with my customer is they are not sure they will even have it.

I live in a heavily agricultural area.   All my neighbors are farmers and one is a high up manager in a massive family hog farm operation in Southern Iowa.  For the most part the crop farmers are not concerned what so ever as almost everyone around here buys some type of price protection.   The livestock guys are not worried at all....especially the hog farmers because with the China's African Swine flu issue they will have to continue to buy pork from us no matter what the media is reporting.  Fact is even we don't produce enough to fill what they had to kill off.   

China is playing what IMHO is equivalent to economic warfare.   Time for Trump to take off the gloves.   Start sanctioning the well to do Chinese who love to come here and send their kids to school here.   Start having them pack up and send them home.   He needs to hit the wealthy Chinese where it counts.   Its the only thing that keeps the Russian's in check.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mounting-u-s-china-trade-tensions-whipsaw-hog-prices-11565030171

Meat companies such as Tyson Foods Inc. and Pilgrim’s Pride have seen their stocks soar this year on the back of African swine fever concerns, with Tyson shares up 59% and Pilgrim’s Pride up 85%.

Tyson predicts that pork prices will rise again in the latter part of this year in reaction to the devastation of African swine fever. “Given the magnitude of the losses in China’s hog and pork supplies, the impending impact on global protein supply and demand fundamentals is likely to be a multi-year event,” the company said in a statement Monday.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

and what's going to induce the worry even more, is this radical weather problems a lot have been having all across the country this growing season.

We're farmers.  Ain't nobody better at bitching about one thing or the other better. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

They call it something else so that they don't have to pay into ISO or be dictated to about their rules. One of the salesman on the new side of our business said it best when he says dealing with China is like having  negotiations with a pick pocket.

CCC or Chinese Compulsory Certificate. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Compulsory_Certificate

Pretty standard audit with some focus on how you manage and control the application of their CCC mark.   

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You have really cool stories. Thanks for sharing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hayward said:

and what's going to induce the worry even more, is this radical weather problems a lot have been having all across the country this growing season.

We're farmers.  Ain't nobody better at bitching about one thing or the other better. :lol:

Ya,no shit. You see big ass sledding groups with all brand new shit, brand new tow rigs and trailers in the mid west. It’s farmers complaining about what a shity year they are having. A coworker who’s family farms,was talking about how bad the spring was to his family’s LLC family operation. He and his dad were up in the UP this past weekend looking at 350k lake homes on Lake Gogebic. They have been farmers all of there lives. Trump is going to put them under.:lol:

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Ya,no shit. You see big ass sledding groups with all brand new shit, brand new tow rigs and trailers in the mid west. It’s farmers complaining about what a shity year they are having. A coworker who’s family farms,was talking about how bad the spring was to his family’s LLC family operation. He and his dad were up in the UP this past weekend looking at 350k lake homes on Lake Gogebic. They have been farmers all of there lives. Trump is going to put them under.:lol:

That's you midwestern farmers.  Us little guys in the east gotta scrounge on a small scale.  Sled's a 2011.  Trailer's a '94.  And we stay at $55/night dives.  :lol:

• Like 1