Check your account email address ×

Truth on Baltimore

Just now, Zambroski said:

I have trouble seeing the keyboard sometimes from the tears of laughter.  Some of you are just plain pathetic.  I mean, suicide watch type pathetic.

I hope I make you all miserable.  I do what I can for you.  Remember, you don’t have to live like this.  Have some dignity.

:lmao:

You’ve been overestimating your worth ever since that first ride up and out the pipe. You succeeded by no effect of your own. 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I am very underestimated....and regarded!!!

93% of people know exactly where you’re estimated. There’s always the momos and fordys of the world though.  

Edited by spin_dry

Just now, spin_dry said:

93% of people know exactly where you’re estimated. There’s always the momos and fordys of the world though.  

You liberals and your silly percentages.  How’s that working out for you all?  Goodly?

:lol2:

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You bump from thread to thread like a hyperactive nursemaid in a orphanage. I’ve never seen anything like it. You come in with arms flailing and fingers pointing. It’s an impressive performance. I think. 

dude, you have two screen accounts for christ's sake.  Get a grip.  :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

Boo fucking hoo!!!!  Sorry, Jimmy Twat took your #1 spot in my suicide pool.  But you are a close #2!!!!  Be proud!

Damn...this is my first post in this thread but apparently Zdumbfuck has a little obsession...weird.

BTW in 2015 Trump blamed Obama for Baltimore’s problems...guess it’s on him now.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Donald J. Trump is known for his hyperbole, but not all of his ideas are a stretch. Our inner cities are a "disaster," as he said in the final presidential debate — and they should be officially declared so.

Mr. Trump said on the campaign trail that he would "empower cities and states to seek a federal disaster designation for blighted communities in order to initiate the rebuilding of vital infrastructure, the demolition of abandoned properties and the increased presence of law enforcement." Now that he's captured the presidency, let's hope he follows through.

The idea is radical, revolutionary and just what urban America needs: a federal disaster declaration for our most impoverished neighborhoods hard hit by crime, urban blight and economic malaise.

When the president declares an area to be a disaster, additional federal assistance can be applied while regulations and rules for rebuilding and revitalizing the affected area are often waived or reduced.

Under the model established after the I-35W bridge collapse over the Mississippi River, federal authorities can streamline infrastructure and other projects that often take a decade from start to finish. The Minnesota bridge was rebuilt better than ever in 437 days by cutting out the red tape that typically mires such projects.

Cities and states could upgrade and rebuild quickly and cheaply.

Additionally, if a disaster were declared, it would enable individuals and businesses to apply more quickly for revitalization aid including home improvement and personal loans, but most especially start-up capital available from the Small Business Administration.

Access to capital, even a small amount, is one of the biggest hurdles to most aspiring entrepreneurs starting their businesses.

Most start-ups rely on the generosity of family and friends and personal savings to get going. But for black and Hispanic Americans, who are the primary residents of these inner-city neighborhoods, personal wealth (that is, assets plus income) has actually fallen in the years since the Great Recession in real dollars.

In Baltimore, the fall in income and wealth has been especially dramatic, according to Loyola-Maryland economics professor Stephen Walters. Property and income taxes have risen dramatically while real income, especially for minorities in the inner-city, has fallen precipitously since 1950. As the tax base shrank in the city, the wealth gap grew dramatically — with the poorest 20 percent in the area worth equal to 1/12th of the richest 20 percent.

Bank loans, too, are hard to come by for inner-city entrepreneurs since most institutions do not lend to individuals without assets and shaky credit — all too common circumstances for poor to working class Americans residing in our urban cores.

That scarcity of capital creates a vicious cycle because new, organic and home-grown business formation is a rarity, so the new jobs that come with new businesses never appear.

Even worse, aspiring business owners and inventors in the inner city are often precluded from receiving sustaining government assistance while they pursue their dreams.

Unemployment and disability insurance, for example, often have bars on self-employment and outside income while receiving benefits. Only a handful of states (which administer unemployment) allow entrepreneurs to collect benefits (and stop seeking salaried and hourly work) while they start-up. Maryland, for example, stopped accepting the funds available under federal law to administer such a program.

That's where another, equally radical Trump proposal comes in: microloans in lieu of social assistance payments. The most obvious example is unemployment payments, which could be turned into repayable but forgivable loans, according to Mr. Trump.

If the social assistance were converted into loan payments and the bar lifted on recipients' ability to start businesses or work toward their dreams, these individuals could begin the urban renaissance our inner cities desperately need.

For those who wish, the federal government should allow lump-sum payments of projected assistance to individuals with a business idea to help them get started.

Micro-lending models like this have been fabulously successful in the third world and in limited experiments in the United States. For taxpayers, the dollars are a sunk cost — recipients will get them either way from the government, but the upside is huge if they help to spur new business formation, job creation and most of all hope in these distressed communities.

Declaring our most beleaguered neighborhoods to be "disaster zones" and encouraging entrepreneurial activities through access to capital and microloans would inject capital, expedite much needed infrastructure and give our inner cities hope again.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/op-ed/bs-ed-baltimore-disaster-20161109-story.html

Just now, Snake said:

The derogatory connotation you pulled from my comment is troubling.

Never gave it a second thought.

So you blame Obama for Baltimore’s troubles as well...while that doesn’t surprise me I ain’t buying your “who me”

act. 😂

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You are the dumbest lying fraud retard on here :finger2:

• Like 1

The last Republican governor/Mayor of Baltimore:

McKeldin ran for governor a third time in 1950, successfully defeating Lane in a rematch. As governor, McKeldin endeavored to improve the state highway system, namely by establishing the Baltimore Beltway (now I-695), the Capital Beltway (I-495), and the John Hanson Highway (US 50 between Washington, D.C. and the state capital at Annapolis). He was a staunch supporter of interstate cooperation, saying once: "I rode by train over several state borders. I carried no passports. No one asked me to identify myself. No one had the right to. This is America." He was also an advocate for civil rights for African Americans and was awarded the Sidney Hollander Award.[5]

In 1952 McKeldin was a major figure in the moderate Republicans of the East Coast who were instrumental in gaining the Republican nomination for president for former five-star General and World War II Commander in Europe and later briefly president of Columbia University in New York City - Dwight D. Eisenhower of Kansas. Speaking in the stentorian tones that were common for the time, McKeldin delivered the principal nominating speech for the former general at the July 1952 Republican National Convention in Chicago.

In 1954, he was re-elected against Democratic nominee former "Terrapins" football player and coach becoming University of Maryland at College Park President Harry C."Curley" Byrd by 54.46% to 45.54% who had attracted white segregationist support for his resistance to Black student enrollment at UMCP. After his second term in Government House, McKeldin retired in 1959 from the governorship and returned to his law practice in Baltimore, succeeded by lower Eastern Shore Democrat J. Millard Tawes of Crisfield. Four years later in 1963, he returned to public service after again being elected to a second non-consecutive term once again as mayor of his beloved hometown of Baltimore, focusing on the urban renewal of the Baltimore Inner Harbor. He saw the city council vote to condemn 700 homes of the Rosemont neighborhood in 1966 to build the East West Expressway "Highway to nowhere" that he started as a project with Robert Moses in 1941.[6][7] McKeldin served his second term as mayor until 1967. He is to date the last Republican to be elected mayor of Baltimore. He is the first of only two Republican governors in Maryland to be re-elected, the other being Larry Hogan, who was reelected in 2018.

The Sidney Hollander Foundation created the Sidney Hollander Award after World War II. This award was given to a person who had worked diligently towards obtaining equal rights for African Americans in Maryland. Segregation was a huge issue that both African Americans and whites were forced to deal with during this time period. While African Americans had gained many rights, including the right to vote, they were still treated very unfairly. They were forced to use different entrances to stores, different bathrooms, and many were not given proper job opportunities in fields in which they were well qualified.[2]

However, Sidney Hollander saw this and knew it was wrong. As a result, his family set up an award to give to any person who had helped to erase any signs of segregation in Maryland and help to achieve equal rights for all citizens of the United States. This award was handed out every year for about sixteen years (1947 – around 1964). Many recipients include organizations such as the Sun Paper, the Baltimore City Medical Society, and Loyola College. These organizations all helped to spread the word that African Americans should be treated as equal human beings in Maryland. While several awards went to organizations, there were also a few that went to individuals. These individuals include Robert Freedman, Theodore R. McKeldin and Thomas J. S. Waxter. These men were very important men in Maryland during this time period and they were all dedicated to desegregation in the state.[1][2]

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Donald J. Trump is known for his hyperbole, but not all of his ideas are a stretch. Our inner cities are a "disaster," as he said in the final presidential debate — and they should be officially declared so.

Mr. Trump said on the campaign trail that he would "empower cities and states to seek a federal disaster designation for blighted communities in order to initiate the rebuilding of vital infrastructure, the demolition of abandoned properties and the increased presence of law enforcement." Now that he's captured the presidency, let's hope he follows through.

The idea is radical, revolutionary and just what urban America needs: a federal disaster declaration for our most impoverished neighborhoods hard hit by crime, urban blight and economic malaise.

When the president declares an area to be a disaster, additional federal assistance can be applied while regulations and rules for rebuilding and revitalizing the affected area are often waived or reduced.

Under the model established after the I-35W bridge collapse over the Mississippi River, federal authorities can streamline infrastructure and other projects that often take a decade from start to finish. The Minnesota bridge was rebuilt better than ever in 437 days by cutting out the red tape that typically mires such projects.

Cities and states could upgrade and rebuild quickly and cheaply.

Additionally, if a disaster were declared, it would enable individuals and businesses to apply more quickly for revitalization aid including home improvement and personal loans, but most especially start-up capital available from the Small Business Administration.

Access to capital, even a small amount, is one of the biggest hurdles to most aspiring entrepreneurs starting their businesses.

Most start-ups rely on the generosity of family and friends and personal savings to get going. But for black and Hispanic Americans, who are the primary residents of these inner-city neighborhoods, personal wealth (that is, assets plus income) has actually fallen in the years since the Great Recession in real dollars.

In Baltimore, the fall in income and wealth has been especially dramatic, according to Loyola-Maryland economics professor Stephen Walters. Property and income taxes have risen dramatically while real income, especially for minorities in the inner-city, has fallen precipitously since 1950. As the tax base shrank in the city, the wealth gap grew dramatically — with the poorest 20 percent in the area worth equal to 1/12th of the richest 20 percent.

Bank loans, too, are hard to come by for inner-city entrepreneurs since most institutions do not lend to individuals without assets and shaky credit — all too common circumstances for poor to working class Americans residing in our urban cores.

That scarcity of capital creates a vicious cycle because new, organic and home-grown business formation is a rarity, so the new jobs that come with new businesses never appear.

Even worse, aspiring business owners and inventors in the inner city are often precluded from receiving sustaining government assistance while they pursue their dreams.

Unemployment and disability insurance, for example, often have bars on self-employment and outside income while receiving benefits. Only a handful of states (which administer unemployment) allow entrepreneurs to collect benefits (and stop seeking salaried and hourly work) while they start-up. Maryland, for example, stopped accepting the funds available under federal law to administer such a program.

That's where another, equally radical Trump proposal comes in: microloans in lieu of social assistance payments. The most obvious example is unemployment payments, which could be turned into repayable but forgivable loans, according to Mr. Trump.

If the social assistance were converted into loan payments and the bar lifted on recipients' ability to start businesses or work toward their dreams, these individuals could begin the urban renaissance our inner cities desperately need.

For those who wish, the federal government should allow lump-sum payments of projected assistance to individuals with a business idea to help them get started.

Micro-lending models like this have been fabulously successful in the third world and in limited experiments in the United States. For taxpayers, the dollars are a sunk cost — recipients will get them either way from the government, but the upside is huge if they help to spur new business formation, job creation and most of all hope in these distressed communities.

Declaring our most beleaguered neighborhoods to be "disaster zones" and encouraging entrepreneurial activities through access to capital and microloans would inject capital, expedite much needed infrastructure and give our inner cities hope again.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/op-ed/bs-ed-baltimore-disaster-20161109-story.html

thats all fine and dandy but Trumps going to do nothing about Baltimore and we all know it.  He is spot on about it being a shit hole so at that point try to help the situation.  

• Advertising Member
15 hours ago, f7ben said:

Why is it Trump says some dumb shit and then people spend days trying to defend it?

Baltimore is a dumpster fire...... I've been around here my whole life.  The last three mayors were really good as well........

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seatofmypants said:

Baltimore is a dumpster fire...... I've been around here my whole life.  The last three mayors were really good as well........

Baltimore its the mayors. Mass it's the speakers of the house..

Salvatore Francis "Sal" DiMasi (born 1945) is a former Democratic state representative in Massachusetts. The former Speaker of the Massachusetts House of Representatives originally joined the state legislature in 1979, as a member of the Democratic Party. He eventually resigned from this post in January 2009, just six months prior to being indicted on several Federal charges, including conspiracy to defraud the federal government, extortion, mail fraud and wire fraud. DiMasi was found guilty on 7 of 9 federal corruption charges on June 15, 2011. DiMasi is the third consecutive Massachusetts house speaker to be federally indicted

See how YOU ARE ALL fighting over black America!!! Those shit-cities are all black. 

See how blacks are extracting your guts, 24/7, 365. 

I am glad to see that some of you boys are becoming aware of what black America is doing to us. 

Don't let anybody make you feel guilty either. If you were to go into those cities and tell them not to breed, they would probably kill you. If you told them to sacrifice for a few generations, go to school, save money, and not have many kids, they would kill you. If you told hem to try and win the school spelling bee, and not play basketball or fuck any girl they could, they would laugh at you, then stab you. 

7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

See how YOU ARE ALL fighting over black America!!! Those shit-cities are all black. 

See how blacks are extracting your guts, 24/7, 365. 

I am glad to see that some of you boys are becoming aware of what black America is doing to us. 

Don't let anybody make you feel guilty either. If you were to go into those cities and tell them not to breed, they would probably kill you. If you told them to sacrifice for a few generations, go to school, save money, and not have many kids, they would kill you. If you told hem to try and win the school spelling bee, and not play basketball or fuck any girl they could, they would laugh at you, then stab you. 

You are as good as dead!

Baltimore’s new deputy police commissioner gets mugged at gunpoint

July 22, 2019 | 10:29am | Updated

Enlarge Image
Daniel Murphy
Daniel Murphy Baltimore Police Department

You’re not in Louisiana anymore.

A new deputy police commissioner in Baltimore got a firsthand lesson in the city’s crime problems — getting robbed at gunpoint while out with his wife, according to reports.

Deputy Commissioner Daniel Murphy had only started with the force in April after being brought in from New Orleans to help lead sweeping reforms, according to the Baltimore Sun.

He was robbed at 9 p.m. Friday by four men in a white SUV near Patterson Park, according to the Sun.

Two of the men, said to be about 18, jumped out and approached Murphy and his wife, showing a gun during the holdup, police said in a release.

They fled with multiple cellphones, the officer’s wallet and his wife’s purse as well as some cash, the reports state. No one was injured, police say.