Check your account email address ×

Thoughts on Bernie offering to pay off student loan debt

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Yep. Some of these guys want life handed to them on a platter. 

There are a lot of folks that went to school for four years and ended up in the trades.... @Jimmy Snacks is an example, college is a choice.

Go to trade school, and get to paid to attend school, paid to work, raises every six month until you become a journeyworker, and then it's annual COLA raises, and after 4-5 years of apprenticeship you're making 6 figures........the choice is the individuals.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

There are a lot of folks that went to school for four years and ended up in the trades.... @Jimmy Snacks is an example, college is a choice.

Go to trade school, and get to paid to attend school, paid to work, raises every six month until you become a journeyworker, and then it's annual COLA raises, and after 4-5 years of apprenticeship you're making 6 figures........the choice is the individuals.

Absolutely. The majority of my young friends are in the trades. Its feast or famine  some times but they all make a good living and have lots of fun. 

They are all saving for retirement. 

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep. Some of these guys want life handed to them on a platter. 

Trump is an asshole in many ways, but one of the things he promotes is apprenticeship whereas Obama promoted college, well college isn't for everyone and it's especially not for the lazy fucks that took advantage of easy loans and the college lifestyle which resulted in shitty grades and a shitty degree, now the hard working motherfuckers that went to college got good grades and good degrees that resulted in good jobs that allowed them to pay off there loans.

6 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Trump is an asshole in many ways, but one of the things he promotes is apprenticeship whereas Obama promoted college, well college isn't for everyone and it's especially not for the lazy fucks that took advantage of easy loans and the college lifestyle which resulted in shitty grades and a shitty degree, now the hard working motherfuckers that went to college got good grades and good degrees that resulted in good jobs that allowed them to pay off there loans.

The reality is go getters will excell wherever they go and the do nothings will end up teaching. A piece of paper means very little

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Ambition and the will to work hard is the ticket to a middle class living, always has been and always will be. Stress free is for the lazy and timid, fuck em.

Nailed it.

8 hours ago, motonoggin said:

We're not just meant to work, pay bills, and die dude. 

I mean, what the actual fuck is with that mentality? 

You can do that outside of a society that is built on the vast majority of people within it needing to contribute. People can get off the grid and show the world you don't need them.  Fine by me...and many others.  Or, stay in and be happy with minimalist living.....but stop whining about it.

7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Absolutely. The majority of my young friends are in the trades. Its feast or famine  some times but they all make a good living and have lots of fun. 

Colleges have seen their way to embrace the "Those who can't do, teach" mantra and now indoctrinate millions to be little more than mouth running activists.  I wonder how many "business degrees" are standing in a protest mob when they aren't serving me coffee?

Trades are where it is, now and the future.  We no longer have people willing to work...much less work with their hands.  An apathetic and complacent society of angry, tissue paper hands is what the education system has now brought us.  Bernie has made them a "movement".  Who better to do that than a man who was a failure in the trades and never made any money until the government started paying him to be angry about being an inept person who cannot contribute to society?

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, motonoggin said:

53558665_1238245126325688_9176349549487194112_n.jpg

I see those as reflections on business owners themselves not employee's.   Without it America would not be what we are. 

Here's an idea.   Going forward we pay for any "college" as long as you earn in the first year of full time work at minimum the total of your student debt.   No more $200k in student debt for degree's that can't pay for themselves.   One time deal only.  

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I see those as reflections on business owners themselves not employee's.   Without it America would not be what we are. 

Here's an idea.   Going forward we pay for any "college" as long as you earn in the first year of full time work at minimum the total of your student debt.   No more $200k in student debt for degree's that can't pay for themselves.   One time deal only.  

Here's an idea.....how about going forward we only pay soldiers wages based on how much they actually defend the country. No more of this invading countries for their oil or because Israel doesnt like them and making bank to do it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

In most cases the trades are the easiest way to start your own business.

In my small town we have ZERO plumbing contractors right now.   The guy who just retired couldn't find anyone local to buy his business.   He was very successful always staying small.

39 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Here's an idea.....how about going forward we only pay soldiers wages based on how much they actually defend the country. No more of this invading countries for their oil or because Israel doesnt like them and making bank to do it.

Soldiers choose to invade other countries?  Pretty weak comparison Ben.  :lol:

45 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Thank you for our future retirement payments.

We appreciate your hard earned money.

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

41 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

As I've said many times before, a standing army is the biggest threat to liberty ever conceived.

When all you got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Can’t decide which post wins today.  Both are equivalent intellectual pieces.