Check your account email address ×

Thoughts on Bernie offering to pay off student loan debt

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Can't find anyone to work?  Sounds like the government assistance programs are doing exactly what every common sense person knew they would.  Work ethic is pathetic in some places.   

Yeah go with that...there is a labor shortage in this country and everybody knows that except for you apparently. 

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

what does that prove? You have some great schools no doubt and some of the best in the world. After the big names/Ivy league it gets watered down fairly quick.

Edited by frenchy

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah go with that...there is a labor shortage in this country and everybody knows that except for you apparently. 

Keep those blinders on, the government assistance programs need people like you for justification.

Why don't you go find a chart listing the number of 18 to 24 year olds in the US by year.   Compare that to the number in the workforce vs college vs getting public assistance.

Liberal educators pushed for secondary education....taking many from this group out of the work force.

****Yet only 27 percent use their degree. and yet now there are these same groups that want the government to pay off the student loans. 

The ACA allowed for people up to 26 to stay on their parents HC again, not needing $$$ to pay or find HC for themselves.

Just 2 democrat pushed ideas that have made it possible for them to say we need immigrants and that take people out of the workforce and you champion them both.

FFS these are either unintended consequences or are by design and it's just another "I told you so" moment for many.

Edited by racer254

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

what does that prove? You have some great schools now doubt and some of the best in the world. After that it gets watered down fairly quick.

Bullshit.   Many of our top schools never even made that list.  Our colleges might be outrageously expensive but we have more top colleges than anywhere.   Not even a close second.  

22 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Keep those blinders on, the government assistance programs need people like you for justification.

Why don't you go find a chart listing the number of 18 to 24 year olds in the US by year.   Compare that to the number in the workforce vs college vs getting public assistance.

Liberal educators pushed for secondary education....taking many from this group out of the work force.

****Yet only 27 percent use their degree. and yet now there are these same groups that want the government to pay off the student loans. 

The ACA allowed for people up to 26 to stay on their parents HC again, not needing $$$ to pay or find HC for themselves.

Just 2 democrat pushed ideas that have made it possible for them to say we need immigrants and that take people out of the workforce and you champion them both.

FFS these are either unintended consequences or are by design and it's just another "I told you so" moment for many.

Liberal Educators are responsible for the labor shortage now...SMH.

There is a labor shortage Racer...has nothing to do with blinders or health insurance.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Liberal Educators are responsible for the labor shortage now...SMH.

There is a labor shortage Racer...has nothing to do with blinders or health insurance.

I didn't figure you would WANT to understand it.  That's why I asked you to go look up the numbers and post them.  Programs designed to take 18-24 year old US Citizens out of the workforce or allow them less responsibility in life hurts.  Yet in order to gain votes, politicians provide programs designed to do exactly that.  Did you watch the debate last night?  Now, lets pay off their student loans....less responsibility or motivation to look for a job. 

Edited by racer254

41 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I didn't figure you would WANT to understand it.  That's why I asked you to go look up the numbers and post them.  Programs designed to take 18-24 year old US Citizens out of the workforce or allow them less responsibility in life hurts.  Yet in order to gain votes, politicians provide programs designed to do exactly that.  Did you watch the debate last night?  Now, lets pay off their student loans....less responsibility or motivation to look for a job. 

I understand just fine but continue to blame whoever you want...my initial point stands. BTW what are these programs...when I was going to school I worked every summer AND was on my moms health insurance...whoa...mind blown!!!! My daughter and her friends all work despite your assertion that the libs are taking them out of the work force and there are still help wanted signs everywhere...THERE IS A LABOR SHORTAGE.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I understand just fine but continue to blame whoever you want...my initial point stands. 

Your initial point?  LOL.  Did you look up the numbers?  Did you try and look up anything that I mentioned?

You have to understand what caused the problem if you want any solutions that will work. 

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Your initial point?  LOL.  Did you look up the numbers?  Did you try and look up anything that I mentioned?

You have to understand what caused the problem if you want any solutions that will work. 

Listen fuckhead I’m not looking up your stupid numbers nor do I need to...There are more job openings than capable people to fill them...end of fucking story.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Listen fuckhead I’m not looking up your stupid numbers nor do I need to...There are more job openings than capable people to fill them.

More like more job openings than willing people to fill them. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Listen fuckhead I’m not looking up your stupid numbers nor do I need to...There are more job openings than capable people to fill them...end of fucking story.

You are WRONG, 100%.  That is why you won't look up the numbers.  That is why I used the term "blinders".

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

THIS, but ol' jimmy would have to look up numbers to figure that out.  He has no desire to understand how that "willing" number is changing or why.

Edited by racer254

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

call it what you want but there is a certain percentage of the population that are simply unemployable, for a variety of reasons. The US is essentially operating at full employment capacity right now.

Edited by frenchy

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

THIS, but ol' jimmy would have to look up numbers to figure that out.  He has no desire to understand how that "willing" number is changing or why.

Post the fucking numbers if you are so goddamn excited about them and I say capable because that’s what it is...are there some who won’t work and are gaming the system..of course but IMO that is a small issue as it relates to employers not being able to fill positions.

Just now, frenchy said:

call it what you want but there is a certain percentage of people that are simply unemployable, for a variety of reasons. The US is essentially operating at full employment capacity right now.

Bingo...fucking idiots don’t want to listen.

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

call it what you want but there is a certain percentage of the population that are simply unemployable, for a variety of reasons. The US is essentially operating at full employment capacity right now.

Absolutely but there are plenty of capable people unwilling to work because they don't have to. 

Absolutely but there are plenty of capable people unwilling to work because they don't have to. 

Thank you libs 

I love the assumption that you have to hire someone who is out of work.   Where does this come from?   I rarely hire someone who is out of work.   Interview them all the time and generally there are glaring reasons why they are out of work and why I wouldn't hire them.   There are plenty of workers if your compensation is good......you just need to take them from someone else.   That's how wages go up.   When that is happening on a massive scale companies have to increase compensation to KEEP who they have.   Natural market at work.  

Edited by Highmark

Willing and Capable are quite different points. 

Yes Tom but IMO the number of willing that won’t work isn’t the problem and even some of those if forced to work are not capable of working a landscaping or construction job...or much of anything else. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I love the assumption that you have to hire someone who is out of work.   Where does this come from?   I rarely hire someone who is out of work.   Interview them all the time and generally there are glaring reasons why they are out of work and why I wouldn't hire them.   There are plenty of workers if your compensation is good......you just need to take them from someone else.   That's how wages go up.  

That goes along with my point...some people are simply unemployable and it has nothing to do with libs. BTW it’s a testament to how well the economy is doing so at the end of the day we shouldn’t complain too much. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That goes along with my point...some people are simply unemployable and it has nothing to do with libs.

To some degree I beg to differ.   If life on the govt isn't great it can force people to straighten the fuck up.  

We have talked all the time about parents being too good to their kids as it creates a person unwilling to help themselves.   There is no reason we should not with some people think of govt in the same way.

Like I said in another post while I think it can be done better thru private charity I accept govt needs some role in welfare however the libs absolutely refuse to acknowledge that at some point some people need to be cut off or at bare minimum make them work to receive help.   The earned income child credit is a good example of that.  They have to have a job and earn a living in order to get back more than they pay in.   Probably one of the best "welfare" programs.  

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I love the assumption that you have to hire someone who is out of work.   Where does this come from?   I rarely hire someone who is out of work.   Interview them all the time and generally there are glaring reasons why they are out of work and why I wouldn't hire them.   There are plenty of workers if your compensation is good......you just need to take them from someone else.   That's how wages go up.   When that is happening on a massive scale companies have to increase compensation to KEEP who they have.   Natural market at work.  

speaks to the 'unemployability' aspect I mentioned.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That goes along with my point...some people are simply unemployable and it has nothing to do with libs. BTW it’s a testament to how well the economy is doing so at the end of the day we shouldn’t complain too much. 

Let's see if we can get to a common ground.  What makes them unemployable?