• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Not sure, all I know is I’m sitting in a retirement community Full of Canadians in Florida and a few are panicking and the rest say they’ll leave when they’re good and ready....lol. Still too cold at home.

I’m supposed to fly out Thursday. Might end up hitching a ride with one of the panicked.

Wow. Similar to here. Most of my Canadian neighbors will be gone by next Monday. Most just drive their pick ups or cars back home. Some pull a small trailer but most dont. They store their rv’s here. 

where are you in Florida?

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Where is she?  Are flights available. 

Florida. She's 76, a smoker & heavy drinker. She's definitely in the risk pool & won't get on a plane right now.

15 hours ago, irv said:

But the illegal border crosser's are exempt from this or does he mean those people too?  

You know the idiot just reads a script and has zero comprehension.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wow. Similar to here. Most of my Canadian neighbors will be gone by next Monday. Most just drive their pick ups or cars back home. Some pull a small trailer but most dont. They store their rv’s here. 

where are you in Florida?

I’m in Lakeland.

There has been no indication that they intend to close the border to Canadians or Americans so most feel they can leave when they want. How will they be any safer at home?

Besides it’s St Pactrick’s Day today.

Some have been told that their health insurance will end March 23 if they don’t return home.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I’m in Lakeland.

There has been no indication that they intend to close the border to Canadians or Americans so most feel they can leave when they want. How will they be any safer at home?

Some have been told that their health insurance will end March 23 if they don’t return home.

I think most around here are hearing the same thing. I didn't hear a specific date but mNy say their health insurance expires “next week”. 

I will stay in touch with many of these guys so we will soon hear what happened at the border. 

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Not sure, all I know is I’m sitting in a retirement community Full of Canadians in Florida and a few are panicking and the rest say they’ll leave when they’re good and ready....lol. Still too cold at home.

I’m supposed to fly out Thursday. Might end up hitching a ride with one of the panicked.

tons of Canadian snowbirds coming home Saturday when i drove back from FL.  I shook my head as march/april is the best fl weather

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

tons of Canadian snowbirds coming home Saturday when i drove back from FL.  I shook my head as march/april is the best fl weather

March and April is the best weather here too.   Most of those leaving now were planning to stay till mid april. I think many are just ready to get home and hunker down. 

Reality is they are probably safer from Covid-19 right here as opposed to home. 

27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I’m in Lakeland.

GTFO then.  :lol:  

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

89844619_2722420044654259_8198895373230538752_n.jpg

Funny.   I'm at work finalizing a couple bids for new work.   Apparently some of the "job creators" are still working.  

35 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I’m in Lakeland.

It should be clear how many consecutive days you can be away from Canada before your insurance becomes void, for me its like a month, then just need to step foot back in Canada and return. 

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I was on 75 all day Friday and Saturday. Saturday it was full of RV’s heading north but I think that was also the end of bike week as I saw lots of orange and black.

Good lord, some people have some incredible RV set ups.

I seen a guy with a huge coach pulling an H1 Hummer on a trailer with an over head rack that held a bass boat.

And the massive 5th wheels people are pulling now. My parents had a “ huge” 32’ back in the early 80’s. 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It should be clear how many consecutive days you can be away from Canada before your insurance becomes void, for me its like a month, then just need to step foot back in Canada and return. 

One couple here was sent an email saying their insurance would expire on March 23rd. Most have not heard anything.