• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I was on 75 all day Friday and Saturday. Saturday it was full of RV’s heading north but I think that was also the end of bike week as I saw lots of orange and black.

Good lord, some people have some incredible RV set ups.

I seen a guy with a huge coach pulling an H1 Hummer on a trailer with an over head rack that held a bass boat.

And the massive 5th wheels people are pulling now. My parents had a “ huge” 32’ back in the early 80’s. 

bike week was the other part of the traffic,  i hadn't even thought of that until i got on 95 in Jacksonville and saw the trailers.  Bikers on bikes are great about moving over,  those towing them were only slightly better than the snowbirds.  SC was a shitshow.  

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Funny.   I'm at work finalizing a couple bids for new work.   Apparently some of the "job creators" are still working.  

Story after story on the news of business owners still paying their employees.   
perfect opportunity to seize control though. The. Oppressors on their back. Never have a better time for the revolution.  Already have your masks.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Reality is they are probably safer from Covid-19 right here as opposed to home. 

That’s the way most feel here.

Safer to stay put. 

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

GTFO then.  :lol:  

As I said, I have a flight booked for Thursday morning. The wife has no intentions of leaving though. She had plans to stay until May.  I’m leaving her here with the car so she’ll be able to leave when she has to/wants to.

Currently waiting to here whether her son and his wife are still flying down tomorrow. They were supposed to meet her X down in Fort Myers and drive his truck back to Canada.

I offered to driver back with him if they decide not to fly.

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

One couple here was sent an email saying their insurance would expire on March 23rd. Most have not heard anything.

I just checked mine, its good for 35 days at a time.

22 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'm still seeing sled trailers headed to The County.

I was heading out west Thursday but cancelled because the wife wanted me to stay if things get worse.   Only reason I'm not going was so she wasn't alone. 

Edited by Highmark

49 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Story after story on the news of business owners still paying their employees.   
perfect opportunity to seize control though. The. Oppressors on their back. Never have a better time for the revolution.  Already have your masks.  

We had a meeting last week informing them that nobody will be hurt financially from this as far as work or HI goes.   If forced to shut down we would cover the difference between unemployment and regular wages.   Same for any programs the federal govt would apply.   We also moved a 3% raise up a few months.   

So far (knock on wood) we have more customers worried about us not able to deliver than cancelling or moving orders out.   Might be different by the end of the week but other circumstances make me think it won't change for a while for us.  

Its about treating your employee's right and I hope companies across the country do what they can.  This should bring rise to our patriotism to our fellow citizens more than 9/11 ever thought of doing.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Highmark said:

We had a meeting last week informing them that nobody will be hurt financially from this as far as work or HI goes.   If forced to shut down we would cover the difference between unemployment and regular wages.   Same for any programs the federal govt would apply.   We also moved a 3% raise up a few months.   

So far (knock on wood) we have more customers worried about us not able to deliver than cancelling or moving orders out.   Might be different by the end of the week but other circumstances make me think it won't change for a while for us.  

Its about treating your employee's right and I hope companies across the country do what they can.  This should bring rise to our patriotism to our fellow citizens more than 9/11 ever thought of doing.  

I was just thinking about this.  What would it take for some to abandon their partisan politics and just become Americans and pull together?  Would some be on the verge of ruin, family  sick,  bankruptcies, etc. and still be taking joy/ gloating  in a destroyed America?   It seems like people on this board have gotten angrier and more divisive than ever. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I was just thinking about this.  What would it take for some to abandon their partisan politics and just become Americans and pull together?  Would some be on the verge of ruin, family  sick,  bankruptcies, etc. and still be taking joy/ gloating  in a destroyed America?   It seems like people on this board have gotten angrier and more divisive than ever. :dunno:

I'm contacting my local food bank and meals on wheels to make sure they have what they need.   

I would even be willing to let workers deliver while being paid if the need comes to make sure those quarantined have what they need.  

If you have the means this type of donation is far better than to national organizations that spend too much on administrative costs.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Don't be shocked, but I think this is exactly what you are going to see.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

Don't be shocked, but I think this is exactly what you are going to see.

I hope you are right.   I see NBC is still pushing the racism angle.  SMH,    The media is so invested their narrative, I think it would take the internet going down for people to get back to where we were after 9/11.  

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I hope you are right.   I see NBC is still pushing the racism angle.  SMH,    The media is so invested their narrative, I think it would take the internet going down for people to get back to where we were after 9/11.  

The media will never give up their hatred for the other side narrative.   Couple of the recent press conferences I watched on CNN and MSNBC to hear the comments after and it was truly disgusting.   Immediate slamming of the President while hardly talking about the information presented at all.  

You have to remember.....the media and left doesn't just hate Trump.   They hate anyone who thinks like him in any way.   60+ million American's. 

Edited by Highmark

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The media will never give up their hatred for the other side narrative.   Couple of the recent press conferences I watched on CNN and MSNBC to hear the comments after and it was truly disgusting.   Immediate slamming of the President while hardly talking about the information presented at all.  

You have to remember.....the media and left doesn't just hate Trump.   They hate anyone who thinks like him in any way.   60+ million American's. 

Absolutely,   They believe anyone who doesn’t adhere 💯 to their beliefs is stupid.   I posted a shot the other day of a reporter from the post saying Conservatives will be the ones to get sick because they are stupid.  Not Dems. 

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Absolutely,   They believe anyone who doesn’t adhere 💯 to their beliefs is stupid.   I posted a shot the other day of a reporter from the post saying Conservatives will be the ones to get sick because they are stupid.  Not Dems. 

Just listen to the press conferences.   The liberal media is more worried about catching Trump in some type of slip than informing America.   It truly shows the level they are on.