Check your account email address ×

Federal Spending Tops $3 Trillion Through May for First Time; Deficit Hits $738 Billion

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Eazy peazy!  It’s been raised like 20 something times since Clinton.  I’m already used to it. 

Seriously. We're not even talking real numbers anymore. We are on the dark side of the moon, at this point. The best anyone can do, is to prepare properly for the best interests of their family. End of story. 

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Are you saying the Trump tax cut for the 1% worked the same way the Bush tax cuts for the 1%?

Thats freaky

who would have guessed that decreasing revenue and increasing spending would lead to higher deficits?

must be fake news. 

8 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Seriously. We're not even talking real numbers anymore. We are on the dark side of the moon, at this point. The best anyone can do, is to prepare properly for the best interests of their family. End of story. 

I’d have to do the math but, i’m pretty sure the debt ceiling gets raised about every 18 months over the last 30 years with no way to cover.  

Imagine doing that in the real world.

”Welp, we needs more monies....let’s just spend it and figure it out later!!!  Hooray!!”

:lol:

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’d have to do the math but, i’m pretty sure the debt ceiling gets raised about every 18 months over the last 30 years with no way to cover.  

Imagine doing that in the real world.

”Welp, we needs more monies....let’s just spend it and figure it out later!!!  Hooray!!”

:lol:

Top 20 countries with the largest deficitEdit

U.S. trade deficit (in billions, goods and services) by country in 2017

This is a list of the 20 countries and territories with the largest deficit in current account balance (CAB), based on data from 2017 est. as listed in the CIA World Factbook.[1]

Rank Country CAB (million US dollars) Year
1   United States -466,200 2017 EST.
2   United Kingdom -106,700 2017 EST.
3   India -51,210 2017 EST.
4   Canada -49,260 2017 EST.
5   Turkey -47,100 2017 EST.
6   France -36,770 2017 EST.
7   Australia -32,270 2017 EST.
8   Argentina -30,790 2017 EST.
9   Algeria -21,940 2017 EST.
10   Mexico -18,830 2017 EST.
11   Indonesia -17,290 2017 EST.
12   Egypt -15,380 2017 EST.
13   Lebanon -12,880 2017 EST.
14   Pakistan -12,440 2017 EST.
15   Colombia -10,360 2017 EST.
16   Brazil -9,762 2017 EST.
17   Oman -8,557 2017 EST.
18   South Africa -7,912 2017 EST.
19   Romania -7,298 2017 EST.
20   Ethiopia -6,551 2017 EST.

We're looking down the dark end of a tunnel, something serious has to change. I'm with @Polaris 550. As fucking loonies as that guy is, rude to boot. The USA is not going to survive without a revolutionary war, or?? The best you can do is prepare for your family financially and defensively. Just my opinion, what do I know! :dunno:

11 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Top 20 countries with the largest deficitEdit

U.S. trade deficit (in billions, goods and services) by country in 2017

This is a list of the 20 countries and territories with the largest deficit in current account balance (CAB), based on data from 2017 est. as listed in the CIA World Factbook.[1]

Rank Country CAB (million US dollars) Year
1   United States -466,200 2017 EST.
2   United Kingdom -106,700 2017 EST.
3   India -51,210 2017 EST.
4   Canada -49,260 2017 EST.
5   Turkey -47,100 2017 EST.
6   France -36,770 2017 EST.
7   Australia -32,270 2017 EST.
8   Argentina -30,790 2017 EST.
9   Algeria -21,940 2017 EST.
10   Mexico -18,830 2017 EST.
11   Indonesia -17,290 2017 EST.
12   Egypt -15,380 2017 EST.
13   Lebanon -12,880 2017 EST.
14   Pakistan -12,440 2017 EST.
15   Colombia -10,360 2017 EST.
16   Brazil -9,762 2017 EST.
17   Oman -8,557 2017 EST.
18   South Africa -7,912 2017 EST.
19   Romania -7,298 2017 EST.
20   Ethiopia -6,551 2017 EST.

That’s your trade deficit. 

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

That’s your trade deficit. 

Yes, I realize that. It's printed on the top of my copy/paste. I was posting it in a negative light. I think it's fucking ridiculous... I expressed that opinion once before the post you're referencing, posted statistics to back my opinion, then even followed up on it.

18 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

We're looking down the dark end of a tunnel, something serious has to change. I'm with @Polaris 550. As fucking loonies as that guy is, rude to boot. The USA is not going to survive without a revolutionary war, or?? The best you can do is prepare for your family financially and defensively. Just my opinion, what do I know! :dunno:

Are you soft or something? :dunno:

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projects that interest payments will continue to grow rapidly, rising from $389 billion in fiscal year 2019 (the current fiscal year) to $914 billion in 2028. Overall, net interest costs will total nearly $7 trillion over the next decade.Nov 29, 2018

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projects that interest payments will continue to grow rapidly, rising from $389 billion in fiscal year 2019 (the current fiscal year) to $914 billion in 2028. Overall, net interest costs will total nearly $7 trillion over the next decade.Nov 29, 2018

that's disgusting

5 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Yes, I realize that. It's printed on the top of my copy/paste. I was posting it in a negative light. I think it's fucking ridiculous... I expressed that opinion once before the post you're referencing, posted statistics to back my opinion, then even followed up on it.

Are you soft or something? :dunno:

Just don’t understand what trade deficit has to do with a conversation on your domestic deficit spending. 

So which candidate for president is talking about deficit reduction? Candidates for Congress? Anyone? All I’m hearing about is billion dollar new programs. 

:flush: 

12 minutes ago, Edmo said:

So which candidate for president is talking about deficit reduction? Candidates for Congress? Anyone? All I’m hearing about is billion dollar new programs. 

That was Trump

He lied

14 minutes ago, Edmo said:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

That was Trump

He lied

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Lets not forget who brought our credit rating down....but it was just peachy at that time. 

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Lets not forget who brought our credit rating down....but it was just peachy at that time. 

Sure. Blame Obama. Blame Trump. Does anyone really think running up the debt will change with a new president in 2020? 

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Sure. Blame Obama. Blame Trump. Does anyone really think running up the debt will change with a new president in 2020? 

No, so I guess we can forget about that strawman argument.  Tell that to the resident libs who want to keep pushing it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, Edmo said:

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That was Trump

He lied

Just now, racer254 said:

No, so I guess we can forget about that strawman argument.  Tell that to the resident libs who want to keep pushing it.

21 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Nobody really cares about the deficit.  It’s just political yelling fodder.  Any attempt to cut spending is met with hostility from both sides.  

Quite frankly, I’ve just chosen not to care anymore.  Nothing will change until we reach the bottom....and I mean full on bottom.

45 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nobody really cares about the deficit.  It’s just political yelling fodder.  Any attempt to cut spending is met with hostility from both sides.  

Quite frankly, I’ve just chosen not to care anymore.  Nothing will change until we reach the bottom....and I mean full on bottom.

Yep,

Maybe term limits and a maximum age would help this, but yet all the staff for these reps would remain in place.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

The Congress by threatening not to raise the debt ceiling, look it up, that is the fact.

• Like 1

A House Judiciary subcommittee will hold hearings on reparations next Wednesday, marking the first time in more than a decade that the House will discuss potentially compensating the descendants of slaves.

“The Case for Reparations” author Ta-Nehisi Coates and actor Danny Glover are reportedly set to testify before the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, and the hearing’s stated purpose will be “to examine, through open and constructive discourse, the legacy of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, its continuing impact on the community and the path to restorative justice,” according to a Thursday Associated Press report.

The June 19 hearing also “coincides with Juneteenth, a cultural holiday commemorating the emancipation of enslaved blacks in America.”

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX), who sits on the subcommittee, again introduced H.R. 40 earlier this year to create a reparations commission. Jackson Lee said her bill would create a commission “to study the impact of slavery and continuing discrimination against African-Americans, resulting directly and indirectly from slavery to segregation to the desegregation process and the present day.” She added in January that the “commission would also make recommendations concerning any form of apology and compensation to begin the long delayed process of atonement for slavery.”

“The impact of slavery and its vestiges continues to effect African Americans and indeed all Americans in communities throughout our nation,” Jackson Lee said. “This legislation is intended to examine the institution of slavery in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present, and further recommend appropriate remedies. Since the initial introduction of this legislation, its proponents have made substantial progress in elevating the discussion of reparations and reparatory justice at the national level and joining the mainstream international debate on the issues.