Check your account email address ×

Who pays for tariffs?

8 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

How so?  The widget costs more and puts a strain on consumers.  Is that what leveling is about?

Neal

Poor Neal is throwing a tantrum over his beanz....

You wanna sell your beanz to a hostile economic nation grow em somewhere else you cunt

Edited by f7ben

10 minutes ago, frenchy said:

moving production from China to Vietnam, or Indonesia, or any other south pacific nation for that matter doesn't change the issue at the core of all this - products can be made much much cheaper there than they can in NA.

sorry your wrong,  Trump says this is a good thing :news:  

Just now, steve from amherst said:

American companies. American workers, American technology. America's future.

I guess I haven't seen the big picture bankrupting farmers and massive layoffs have helped yet. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, f7ben said:

Why should we let countless other markets tariff our good while they are free to export to us with impunity??

Use your fucking meager intellect and come up with something Neal....anything?

THis. I don't care if the tariffs are 0% or 100% as long as they are the same as other countries tarrif us.

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

THis. I don't care if the tariffs are 0% or 100% as long as they are the same as other countries tarrif us.

I wonder why we have free trade with mexico in the auto sector. No regulations and 4 bucks an hour make for a very unlevel playing field. The answer is easy, we do not need government to fix it. NEVER buy a mexican made vehicle, even used.

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

American companies. American workers, American technology. America's future.

That doesn't seem to be the case, as companies either incur the expense of moving production to other southeast Asian countries, or simply pass on the higher cost of good to consumers.  American workers suffer, not benefit, as we pay more for goods.

None of what you say seems to be correct.  :dunno:

Neal

33 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

I wonder why we have free trade with mexico in the auto sector. No regulations and 4 bucks an hour make for a very unlevel playing field. The answer is easy, we do not need government to fix it. NEVER buy a mexican made vehicle, even used.

The new nafta deal raises their pay to be more competitive and limits the number of imports. Just have to get it thru Congress.

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

That doesn't seem to be the case, as companies either incur the expense of moving production to other southeast Asian countries, or simply pass on the higher cost of good to consumers.  American workers suffer, not benefit, as we pay more for goods.

None of what you say seems to be correct.  :dunno:

Neal

10s of thousands of steel and steel related jobs say your dead wrong

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Bullshit.  You are smoking a fantasy pipe.

Neal

Sure thing dumbass.....I live and work it. You read vanity fair. Kill yourself 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Jus sayin....

Is there somewhere to find the actual numbers?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-30/why-trump-s-tariffs-didn-t-help-create-more-steel-jobs

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There are 3 shuttered steel mills and 1 mine that opened back up. 2 brand new 1 billion dollar mills being built and countless line expansions that have been and are being built. That is 1000s and 1000s of jobs.

Just US steel opening granite city and keytac back up is 1500 direct jobs plus 1000s of support jobs. 

Dont buy the globalist bullshit. The steel industry had a serious resurrection the last 2 years