Check your account email address ×

Who pays for tariffs?

13 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Of course I did, I also live it.  

Tariffs are not the sole cause of low prices, they are a strain on already strained systems.  If you can't understand that you are fucking stupid.

Neal

You do realize tariffs aren’t the end game here right? The purpose is to get these folks to the negotiating table. This is not a long term solution.

39 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Yes, in most instances.

Neal

Correct.

16 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Tariffs are not the sole cause of low prices, they are a strain on already strained systems.  If you can't understand that you are fucking stupid.

Neal

Partially correct but mostly incorrect.  Did you mean lack of tariffs?

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

But it's still the right thing to do given the current circumstances.......right Neal?

Partially incorrect.  Regional hikes make more sense.  Otherwise, it’s a wash and mostly just hurts the dollar strength of low wage earners.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

You do realize tariffs aren’t the end game here right? The purpose is to get these folks to the negotiating table. This is not a long term solution.

Either or works for me.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Correct.

Partially incorrect.  Regional hikes make more sense.  Otherwise, it’s a wash and mostly just hurts the dollar strength of low wage earners.

Either or works for me.

You cant set a federal standard and then not raise it for a decade. Do you know how inflation works?

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

The short term repercussions are very damaging.

China has changed it's long game with investment in other countries for it's agriculture needs, is that a successful endgame?

Neal

22 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Then stop trying to lay the sole blame on the tariffs.

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

China has changed it's long game with investment in other countries for it's agriculture needs, is that a successful endgame?

Neal

If your whole business hinges on marketing a product to a hostile economic trade partner who engages in economic terrorism then you need to rethink your business or suffer the consequences

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Correct.

Either or works for me.

No, you are fucking stupid, and wrong. 

The Chinese tariffs dumped the price of crops (as their imports dwindled and crops were imported from other sources), adding strain to farmers.  How in the sweet fuck can you not comprehend such a simple process.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

The Chinese tariffs dumped the price of crops (as their imports dwindled and crops were imported from other sources), adding strain to farmers.  How in the sweet fuck can you not comprehend such a simple process.

Neal

They have been lower before

Neal

You’re looking at this from the angle of AG. What about those folks getting their ideas and products stolen from them? What about other industries getting killed by cheap Chinese products we can’t compete with on cost? This is much more than beans Neal.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You cant set a federal standard and then not raise it for a decade. Do you know how inflation works?

Decades?

Do you not know how micro economics work?

Neal

You are a simple.  

Just now, Edmo said:

You’re looking at this from the angle of AG. What about those folks getting their ideas and products stolen from them? What about other industries getting killed by cheap Chinese products we can’t compete with on cost? This is much more than beans Neal.

Punishing AG for all that sounds like the right thing to do, doesn't it?

Neal

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

No, because the tariffs are the load that cause most farmers to go under.  Are you fucking stupid?

Neal

Bullshit.  Reread the articles you posted and save the lies.

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Again, I did, and I am involved in the AG sector.  You are to fucking stupid to understand what is going on. You are a parrot, nothing more.

Neal

Why don't you explain your involvement and your own experiences then?   That way maybe the next topic you start won't be a 6 page fishing expedition.  I know plenty of farmers who are my neighbors that are doing just fine and they love trump so why are you so different? 

David Widmar is an economist with the website Agricultural Economic Insights. He says while overall the farm bankruptcy rates look relatively normal, to get the whole story, you have to look at all the numbers.

Edited by racer254

5 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Punishing AG for all that sounds like the right thing to do, doesn't it?

Neal

Try to see the big picture. I’m not a big fan of tariffs either but I see what they’re trying to accomplish here. 

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Why don't you explain your involvement and your own experiences then?  I know plenty of farmers who are my neighbors that are doing just fine and they love trump so why are you so different?

David Widmar is an economist with the website Agricultural Economic Insights. He says while overall the farm bankruptcy rates look relatively normal, to get the whole story, you have to look at all the numbers.

"I know a guy, and he farms, and he loves Trump!!!111"

Fuck off, you waste of oxygen.

Neal

Can't remember if it was Vince or Analer or who said it; the Chinese will win because they are more able to suffer.

They were right. If Kneel is the example of the whining and crying we can expect from all Americans, we are doomed.

Fucking sad is what it is.....

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Try to see the big picture. I’m not a big fan of tariffs either but I see what they’re trying to accomplish here. 

How about we look at the big picture before going to mass coverage tariffs that cause consumer price increases and bankruptcy in the Ag sector, is that possible?

Neal

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Can't remember if it was Vince or Analer or who said it; the Chinese will win because they are more able to suffer.

They were right. If Kneel is the example of the whining and crying we can expect from all Americans, we are doomed.

Fucking sad is what it is.....

"You must suffer, and enjoy it while not saying anything about it, or you are just not American!" 

:lol:

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

"You must suffer, and enjoy it while not saying anything about it, or you are just not American!" 

:lol:

Neal

You can always learn to code.