Check your account email address ×

Who pays for tariffs?

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

"You must suffer, and enjoy it while not saying anything about it, or you are just not American!" 

:lol:

Neal

Farmers just need a union to take care of them...easy to play the hardass with The Temasters wiping your ass.

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Farmers just need a union to take care of them...easy to play the hardass with The Temasters wiping your ass.

The only suffering you have ever done was reaching the bottom of a bottle.

21 minutes ago, Snake said:

Can't remember if it was Vince or Analer or who said it; the Chinese will win because they are more able to suffer.

They were right. If Kneel is the example of the whining and crying we can expect from all Americans, we are doomed.

Fucking sad is what it is.....

Very astute of them.

21 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

How about we look at the big picture before going to mass coverage tariffs that cause consumer price increases and bankruptcy in the Ag sector, is that possible?

Neal

Exhibit A

11 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Very astute of them.

Exhibit A

What if was you and your family going bankrupt and suffering....would you still be so cavalier about the whole thing?

43 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

"I know a guy, and he farms, and he loves Trump!!!111"

Fuck off, you waste of oxygen.

Neal

And you are in the AG industry, so of course you think you're an expert.  Hobby farmer?  5 acres and a 25 horse kubota?

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

And you are in the AG industry, so of course you think you're an expert.  Hobby farmer?  5 acres and a 25 horse kubota?

"I don't know anything about your farming operation, but I'll go ahead and assume!!!!111"

You are a waste.  Meh.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

"I don't know anything about your farming operation, but I'll go ahead and assume!!!!111"

You are a waste.  Meh.

Neal

Maybe you should start practicing what you preach....you know nothing about me or my relationship with farming either.

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Maybe you should start practicing what you preach....you know nothing about me or my relationship with farming either.

OK...let’s here it.

I'll just leave this here....

According to the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in the Midwest Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin saw twice as many farmers declared bankruptcy in 2018 compared to those that did during 2008.

In the 8th Circuit from North Dakota to Arkansas, bankruptcies were up 96 percent.

In the 10th Circuit including Kansas Colorado and Oklahoma, they rose 59 percent. 

Last year, farm debt rose to $409 billion, with the average size of loans in the 4th quarter at $74,190, the highest 4th quarter level in history.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What if was you and your family going bankrupt and suffering....would you still be so cavalier about the whole thing?

Like Ben said, if you choose to go business with economic terrorists...

58 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I'll just leave this here....

According to the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in the Midwest Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin saw twice as many farmers declared bankruptcy in 2018 compared to those that did during 2008.

In the 8th Circuit from North Dakota to Arkansas, bankruptcies were up 96 percent.

In the 10th Circuit including Kansas Colorado and Oklahoma, they rose 59 percent. 

Last year, farm debt rose to $409 billion, with the average size of loans in the 4th quarter at $74,190, the highest 4th quarter level in history.

Fake news.

11 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Fake news.

More like fake blame.  We all know where the article came from:

https://www.salon.com/2019/02/13/midwest-farmers-going-broke-at-record-rates-thanks-to-trumps-trade-war/

Our ruling

Heitkamp said, "We have record bankruptcies in farming country."

In her backyard, the upper Midwest, farm bankruptcies have indeed reached their highest level in at least a decade. But nationally, farm bankruptcies are holding steady, perhaps even falling slightly, and they sit below the levels seen as recently as 2009 to 2012.

We rate the statement Mostly False.

Edited by racer254