Check your account email address ×

Who pays for tariffs?

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

To blame it on tariffs is also dishonest as well

National figures

Court data compiled by the American Farm Bureau Federation, a trade group, found that chapter 12 filings nationwide actually fell by about 1 percent in 2018, and that the 2018 level was below the 10-year average.

"Bankruptcies are not at record levels," John Newton, the Farm Bureau’s chief economist, told PolitiFact.

Longer-term statistics concur.

When you are standing on thin ice it doesn't help to have someone throw you an anchor.  Are tariffs the sole reason, no are they a final straw for some yes.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

When you are standing on thin ice it doesn't help to have someone throw you an anchor.  Are tariffs the sole reason, no are they a final straw for some yes.

What would you suggest be done with China to get them to play fair? Was the status quo OK with you?

8 minutes ago, Edmo said:

What would you suggest be done with China to get them to play fair? Was the status quo OK with you?

Get with all our other trading partners and boycott them,  Targeted tariffs, to name few.

Don't confuse pointing out facts about the double edge sword of tariffs, with not thinking China needs to be stopped.

34 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Get with all our other trading partners and boycott them,  Targeted tariffs, to name few.

Don't confuse pointing out facts about the double edge sword of tariffs, with not thinking China needs to be stopped.

Won’t hurt them enough IMO, or get them to see that we’re serious. I like this way better.

I didn’t assume anything about your opinion. That’s why I asked. 

5 hours ago, Snake said:

The only suffering you have ever done was reaching the bottom of a bottle.

Do you not take SSRI,s to combat your depression? You do, yet you rail on a guy that decided he no longer wanted to drink. Odd indeed.

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Won’t hurt them enough IMO, or get them to see that we’re serious. I like this way better.

I didn’t assume anything about your opinion. That’s why I asked. 

It could hurt them more if all our allies joined us and boycotted their products.

4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Not many farmers have licenses or the skills to obtain a license in any of those crafts and couldn’t do them for a hire purpose.  Just cause they have a tool box full of tools in the shop doesn’t make them a mechanic....  it makes them a lube tech at jiffy lube because that is the level of wrenching a farmer does...  they call somebody for the real mechanic shit.

No licenses, yes.

No skills? Get the fuck out of here!

:smack:

A farmers best skill is his inability not to always be working. I've worked with a lot of them. They all still farm and have 2 other jobs. Mostly dumb people and you cant trust them to do anything technical

3 hours ago, 1jkw said:

You’ve spent that last two years lying to your trading partners.  Now you want their help?

Eat a dick!

31 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A farmers best skill is his inability not to always be working. I've worked with a lot of them. They all still farm and have 2 other jobs. Mostly dumb people and you cant trust them to do anything technical

Like Dumpy. Such a hick. 

7 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

Do you not take SSRI,s to combat your depression? You do, yet you rail on a guy that decided he no longer wanted to drink. Odd indeed.

so man on man is looking like  spinvag why am I not shocked