Check your account email address ×

GM and rust.

1 minute ago, ManOnManOral said:

Clearly you suck dick, want a part time job at the glory hole. I have a spot open.

He could never take your place. He just doesn't have that kind of talent.

On 6/5/2019 at 7:55 PM, spin_dry said:

What’s with the 5 year old suburbans with rust on the doors and rocker? That’s so bad. 

How the fuck do my GM work trucks get abused and used like a rented mule, seriously some of these trucks have dents on top of dents and yet no visible rust  :dunno:

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

How the fuck do my GM work trucks get abused and used like a rented mule, seriously some of these trucks have dents on top of dents and yet no visible rust  :dunno:

Probably because they’re on the road all the time. The more a vehicle is driven the less likely it is to rust. Back in the “8o’s the shop I worked at had 7 year old pick ups with 200,000-300,000 miles on them. All dented to fuck but no deep or penetrating rust. 

• Thanks 1

I hit my 17 sierra with fluid film every fall.  I go through about 6 cans. takes me a few hours to do the whole underbody, door jams, hinges, rockers, etc.  Not a spec of rust on the frame so far after two winters.  During winter wash it weekly or multiple times a week in a touchless wash or even by hand if its nice enough out :lol:  

I make sure to wear the shittiest clothes I have for that job though, that shit really stinks after a while. 

Edited by thewayout

11 hours ago, thewayout said:

I hit my 17 sierra with fluid film every fall.  I go through about 6 cans. takes me a few hours to do the whole underbody, door jams, hinges, rockers, etc.  Not a spec of rust on the frame so far after two winters.  During winter wash it weekly or multiple times a week in a touchless wash or even by hand if its nice enough out :lol:  

I make sure to wear the shittiest clothes I have for that job though, that shit really stinks after a while. 

spend the $10 and get the tyvek suit

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J4ABKK0/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?pd_rd_i=B00FU68QW8&pd_rd_w=x3qcD&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=D4ZVr&pf_rd_r=5YMRP1FVD1WPRDBGE81R&pd_rd_r=b8095593-8927-11e9-b96b-b7864d6bce3e&th=1

thought fluid film ate the new wax treatments on the GM trucks.  I've got quart left from the gallon i bought,  going to do the kia and mazda with it since the kids aren't great about going through the car wash.  

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J4ABKK0/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?pd_rd_i=B00FU68QW8&pd_rd_w=x3qcD&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=D4ZVr&pf_rd_r=5YMRP1FVD1WPRDBGE81R&pd_rd_r=b8095593-8927-11e9-b96b-b7864d6bce3e&th=1

thought fluid film ate the new wax treatments on the GM trucks.  I've got quart left from the gallon i bought,  going to do the kia and mazda with it since the kids aren't great about going through the car wash.  

I have also heard that before but I am unsure if it is just limited to FF doing that? I know with the Krown product up here, it can affect certain auto manu's rubber door seals and the like. It swells them and makes them sag in places. Rust Check, as far as I know, doesn't do that. 

Imo, the best thing a person can do after undercoating their vehicle is drive down a dusty dirt road so the dust makes the product stick better. My bud and I use to do our own and that is what we did. The outside looked like shit for a day or two until washed but underneath, where is matters, looked great. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

3M makes a anti-corrosion cavity wax kit to get inside doors, tail gates, trunk lids, ect. Just shove the long wand in the vent holes and spray..

IMG_20190607_101015572.jpg

IMG_20190607_101020754.jpg

IMG_20190607_101103172.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

3M makes a anti-corrosion cavity wax kit to get inside doors, tail gates, trunk lids, ect. Just shove the long wand in the vent holes and spray..

IMG_20190607_101015572.jpg

IMG_20190607_101020754.jpg

IMG_20190607_101103172.jpg

The only thing with wax, and maybe this is a better product is, moisture can get between the wax and the body panel. With Krown or Rust Check and the fact it is an oil substance, it pushes the moisture out and creeps into really tight seams if done when the weather is warm. Summer is the best time to undercoat because of that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

KIA, no doubt you have visited my glory hole and worked a shift or two. What do you call yourself when you wear your gay bob outfit so I can say hi next time.

34 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

KIA, no doubt you have visited my glory hole and worked a shift or two. What do you call yourself when you wear your gay bob outfit so I can say hi next time.

free car for the boy,  I'm not going to walk away from that cause it's a Kia

On 6/5/2019 at 7:56 PM, Angry ginger said:

lazy owners-  never had that issue and i had 3 gens worth of them

not true . my 12 ford started rusting in the fenders after 3 yrs and holes in 5 . I have a unlimited car wash deal with undercarege spray so i go thrugh at least 2 days a week in summer and 4 in winter .

bumper in fr was junk in less than 2 yrs in 6 nothing but rust 

19 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

how much chemical is Chicago laying down in the winter ? 

Minneapolis is pretty bad . yet get out of the city and guys have trucks 4 yrs older with no rust and they are 5x the snow 

31 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

not true . my 12 ford started rusting in the fenders after 3 yrs and holes in 5 . I have a unlimited car wash deal with undercarege spray so i go thrugh at least 2 days a week in summer and 4 in winter .

bumper in fr was junk in less than 2 yrs in 6 nothing but rust 

The op said gm. I expect that from a Ford   

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

The op said gm. I expect that from a Ford   

that is why the new one is alloy .

Ford fixed my main beef with them .gm still on my do not buy again list . 

but why would China steel stamped in Mexico surprise you when it rusted out ? 

Edited by Ez ryder

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

is that bedliner on the bottom or new paint?  

Rock guard. 

All the paint on the corners, rockers etc removed and rust removed and properly repaired. Inside the rockers was cleaned out and rust proofed. Sealed up. Primed and sealed then rock guarded. 

Truck only gets used for truck duties now as I bought a traveling vehicle. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, snopro31 said:

Rock guard. 

All the paint on the corners, rockers etc removed and rust removed and properly repaired. Inside the rockers was cleaned out and rust proofed. Sealed up. Primed and sealed then rock guarded. 

Truck only gets used for truck duties now as I bought a traveling vehicle. 

Do yourself a favor and take it to work once a week.