Check your account email address ×

boat vacations cant pay me

same. been on 5 cruises now. Great times and good food. Alcohol that you can actually recognize the label and beer that isn't dealcholised piss.

But we done with them. now. Seen every port  except obscure ones.

Hilarious really that people compare the north sea to the carribean. 

11 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

same. been on 5 cruises now. Great times and good food. Alcohol that you can actually recognize the label and beer that isn't dealcholised piss.

Hell, I drink better on the cruise. Crown XR is like $120 a bottle here, and I was drinking doubles like it was my job.

Haven't taken off from Texas yet, but I'm trying to stay away from Mexico for the time being.

18 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Hilarious to think that only incidents happen away from the Caribbean. :news:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/02/08/anthem-cruise-ship-storm/79997114/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfC7eyh1DLQ 

Like I said above, to each their own.

41 minutes ago, Snake said:

I've been on three, and the worst thing I can say about them as a whole was it rained one day.

Going again in January, and have one booked in 2021.

Same here. We've been on 4 cruises. Loved all of them. Good food and a great time. We’re gonna try a Caribbean cruise out of Galveston next fall. 

We've traveled all over the world using all methods. Car, train, motorhome, guided, self guided, etc. We love cruise ships but we also love the other ways to see the world. Variety is the spice of life. 

6 minutes ago, irv said:

Hilarious to think that only incidents happen away from the Caribbean. :news:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/02/08/anthem-cruise-ship-storm/79997114/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfC7eyh1DLQ 

Like I said above, to each their own.

Irving that happened way up by New York. Whixh is why I wont do winter cruises out of new york

Just now, Usedtoskidoo said:

Irving that happened way up by New York. Whixh is why I wont do winter cruises out of new york

:lol:That is just one I chose. There are many other Caribbean incidents so to think cruise ship incidents only happen away from the Caribbean seas is hilarious. The truth is they happen all over the world in any waters cruise ships go. I am glad you enjoy them. Like I said, they just aren't for me. :bc:

To each his own. I am not afraid of cruises or boats I just don't see the attraction. I am more of a destination person. I like to explore and soak in the local cultures of the places I visit. I just don't like the idea of being stuck on a boat. 

We have friends who love it so whatever "floats your boat" I guess. :dunno:

• Like 1

Just now, Anler said:

To each his own. I am not afraid of cruises or boats I just don't see the attraction. I am more of a destination person. I like to explore and soak in the local cultures of the places I visit. I just don't like the idea of being stuck on a boat. 

We have friends who love it so whatever "floats your boat" I guess. :dunno:

We always go within a month or so of Christmas, so I just want to relax. It's the wife's busy season also, and we are wiped. Relaxation is the number one consideration. Cook for me, clean my room, make me a drink and entertain me. Plop me on a beach for the day on a small island and let me relax and just unwind. We honestly could care less about the rest of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

We always go within a month or so of Christmas, so I just want to relax. It's the wife's busy season also, and we are wiped. Relaxation is the number one consideration. Cook for me, clean my room, make me a drink and entertain me. Plop me on a beach for the day on a small island and let me relax and just unwind. We honestly could care less about the rest of it.

Kinda what I liked so much about Cabo. Amazing resorts with all of the amenities, pristine beaches, amazing food, amazing staff, amazing views, relaxation to the max. 

The only cruise I’m interested in, is a Alaska cruise. I don’t like being on a schedule while on vacation. Cruise ships have way to many people on them. I can go down the street and get good food and drink. Most of the ports they pull into are tour bus tourists traps. I could see doing a 3 day one? It’s kinda like going to Vegas, after 2 days of it, I would be bored with it. I live out side of a big city, so I don’t need to get on a plane to go to clubs, see shows, see sporting events, eat at over priced restaurants ect. I go on vacation to get away from all of that. I can see the draw for people that don’t have that stuff around them. It’s funny to see on every Friday, the traffic going in and out of Chicago. People that live there are trying to get the fuck out for the weekend and a traffic jam of people trying to get into the city ,to spend the weekend there.

53 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Human waste all over the floor': Carnival Dream cruise ship forced to fly thousands of passengers home as sewage system fails one month after Triumph disaster

Carnival announced on Thursday that guests are being flown off the island of St Maarten where the ship is moored. ... The cruise ship, which has a capacity of 3,646 passengers and 1,367 crew, is docked at Phillipsburg in the Caribbean on the last leg of a seven-day cruise from Florida.Mar 14, 2013

Edited by Ez ryder

21 minutes ago, Anler said:

Wife and I have zero desire to ever go on a cruise. I'll do my vacationing on land. 

It looks the same to me as staying at a large resort, but less room and you can’t leave?

11 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The only cruise I’m interested in, is a Alaska cruise. I don’t like being on a schedule while on vacation. Cruise ships have way to many people on them. I can go down the street and get good food and drink. Most of the ports they pull into are tour bus tourists traps. I could see doing a 3 day one? It’s kinda like going to Vegas, after 2 days of it, I would be bored with it. I live out side of a big city, so I don’t need to get on a plane to go to clubs, see shows, see sporting events, eat at over priced restaurants ect. I go on vacation to get away from all of that. I can see the draw for people that don’t have that stuff around them. It’s funny to see on every Friday, the traffic going in and out of Chicago. People that live there are trying to get the fuck out for the weekend and a traffic jam of people trying to get into the city ,to spend the weekend there.

X2

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I think I could do one of those European river cruises. Lot less people. I don't really like people.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I think I could do one of those European river cruises. Lot less people. I don't really like people.

You don't want to be around Eurotrash, some of the biggest beta snobs all in one location.  Like a room full of RevBeta's.:lol:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

My buddies parents did that, they seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.

I really don't see all the 'too many people' thing. I can go to the Windjammer and get anywhere from 5 or 6 different types of food, day or night or go to a 3 -4 course dinner, without waiting in a line. The one time I felt cramped and uncomfortable is when they have the safety drill where everyone is out of the rooms at the same time.

We always book a suite, so the lines on and off the boat are rarely a line. At cruise line owned resorts you get a segregated beach.

No, I would never again book a balcony room or lower.

And I hate to admit I simply loved Momma Mia. :lol:

22 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

We did the 14 day Grand European river cruise with Viking last year. Budapest Hungary to Amsterdam. It was incredible. The best cruise Ive ever been on. 210 passengers. About 50 crew. 

The Danube, Main and Rhine rivers.  Some of the most incredible sights I have ever seen.