Check your account email address ×

Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin among 50 snared in elite college cheating scam, authorities say

• Platinum Contributing Member

:lmao:

Actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin were among more than four dozen people charged in a nationwide college admissions cheating scandal that involved paying up to $6 million to place their children into elite universities, according to court records revealed Tuesday.

The alleged scam -- which involved placing students in top colleges such as Yale, Georgetown, Stanford, University of Southern California, UCLA and the University of Texas -- was run by a man in California, William Rick Singer, who helped parents get their children into the schools through bribes, court documents unsealed in Boston showed

Most of the students did not know their admission to the school were due to a bribe, authorities said.

The children’s parents would pay a specified amount of money fully aware it would be used to gain college admission. The money would then go toward an SAT or ACT administrator or a college athletic coach who would fake a profile for the prospective student — regardless of their athletic ability, according to the charging documents.

Singer, who owned the company Edge College & Career Network, would help his clients' children by having another individual take SAT or ACT tests on behalf of the students.

Huffman and her husband allegedly helped their daughter with her college admission by making a “purported charitable contribution of $15,000...to participate in the college entrance exam cheating scheme,” the documents said. “Huffman later made arrangements to pursue the scheme a second time, for her younger daughter, before deciding not to do so."

The court documents also stated that "[Loughlin] agreed to pay bribes totaling $500,000 in exchange for having their two daughters designated as recruits to the USC crew team -- despite the fact that they did not participate in crew -- thereby facilitating their admission to USC."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/college-entrance-exam-cheating

43 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yup a perfect example.

The really sad part is students who worked hard did very well on their sat test couldn’t get in.

That's terrible. Just like many people who want to come here legally cant. Because. … well ya know how that story ends.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yup a perfect example.

The really sad part is students who worked hard did very well on their sat test couldn’t get in.

Same could be said for affirmative action.  

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

No, and if it does they must not leave the house much.

Exactly

Money can keep you out of jail and get you into the right schools.

It'll even buy you term papers. 

I doubt anyone who has heard George Bush talk thinks he got into Yale on his own. 

• Haha 1

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Exactly

I doubt anyone who has heard George Bush talk thinks he got into Yale on his own. 

Thanks , now we have to see dan come in with his evils of capitalism speech, fuck me.

9 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Exactly

Or Trudeau.

Jesus they got a tax deduction on top of it.  

Singer would help his clients' children by having another individual take SAT or ACT tests on behalf of the students, officials said. Parents would allegedly pay up to $75,000 for each test and wire money to "charitable accounts."

14 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Exactly

I'm thinking it took a few bucks to get Georgie through the door at Yale. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Exactly

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Or Trudeau.

I had a bush one as well but SN beat me to it. I'll post it anyways.

Edited by irv
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Jesus they got a tax deduction on top of it.  

Singer would help his clients' children by having another individual take SAT or ACT tests on behalf of the students, officials said. Parents would allegedly pay up to $75,000 for each test and wire money to "charitable accounts."

Charitable accounts hey. Impossibru 

26 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So the rich and powerful haven’t been buying admission to too tier universities since the conception of them??

A better question would be if their dumb kids get in with fake test scores and then pass, what good is that program in the first place?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

WGAF,  some rich people bought there kids into for the most part high priced colleges filled with rich people. 

Well they don't want them hooking up with white trash.