Check your account email address ×

When will electric vehicles begin to outsell internal combustion vehicles?

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

You’d electrocute yourself trying to put gas in it. 

You couldnt lift the charge cord and plug and even if you could your little girl hands wouldnt be able to get the plug in. Cuck

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Here? Not for years. The technology isn’t there yet. Not really for or against electric it just needs to be more viable in this climate 

It beats riding a bike, but that's about it.

• Gold Member

Partial electric like a plug in hybrid sure...  full electric I don’t think so.

i don’t think the earth has enough natural resources to go full electric for every auto

Edited by BOHICA

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It beats riding a bike, but that's about it.

Hard to beat the stored chemical energy in petroleum 

Edited by Rod Johnson

27 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

i don’t think the earth has enough natural resources to go full electric for every auto

Prices still need to come down. All the new ones coming out seem to be 60k or more. More affordable and longer range will increse sales.

38 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ironic.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Weren't they claiming by 2020 1/3 of vehicles sold would be electric.   

Sales of plug-in passenger cars achieved a 2.1% market share of new car sales in 2018, up from 1.3% in 2017, and0.86% in 2016. The PEV market is shifting towards fully electric battery vehicles. The global ratio between BEVs and PHEVs went from 56:44 in 2012, to 60:40 in 2015, and rose to 69:31 in 2018.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Depends if we are willing to embrace Nuclear power more.  Resources for battery production will be an issue as well.

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
50 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Depends if we are willing to embrace Nuclear power more.  Resources for battery production will be an issue as well.

Batteries require a huge amount of natural resources.  Power production isn’t an issue.  Plenty of electricity out there.

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Batteries require a huge amount of natural resources.  Power production isn’t an issue.  Plenty of electricity out there.

Not so sure I agree.    Area's already have rolling blackouts.  

Edited by Highmark

My wife's next car could very well be electric.  Don't think it's gone more than 200 miles in a day since we got the thing 14 months ago.  Longer trips, we take my El Denali.  Range issues in bitter cold aren't really a factor here.

See shitloads of Teslas down here.  Way more than in the Midwest.

I think 10 years is pretty premature. And who knows if battery power is going to be the tech that is used in 10 years. As antiquated as internal combustion engines are so is battery power. 

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

All of the alt the alt leftists here who adore EV’s yet refuse to buy one lol

Too expensive.  They are waiting for capitalism to fail then, the new models will come out and they’ll all be free!!!!

7 hours ago, Cop Watch said:

Child laborers identifying stones rich in cobalt ore at a mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

CongoleseCobaltMiners.jpg?format=750w

Fuck electric.

Lithium/sulphur and solid state is almost here. Cobalt replaced with a molybdenum lattice structure. Two to three time more energy dense. Lithium ion will be history in <4-5 years. Cars will see 500-750 miles between charges. Clean. No oil or gas. No filters. Fuck gas. All the car makers see the future. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

5 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Lithium/sulphur and solid state is almost here. Cobalt replaced with a molybdenum lattice structure. Two to three time more energy dense. Lithium ion will be history in <4-5 years. Cars will see 500-750 miles between charges. Clean. No oil or gas. No filters. Fuck gas. All the car makers see the future. 

The people that rail against electric are the same type of person that thought the car would never replace the horse and buggy. 

They also think Trump is a good President and big money is behind a climate change hoax

Edited by revkevsdi
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

The people that rail against electric are the same type of person that thought the car would never replace the horse and buggy. 

They also think Trump is a good President and big money is behind a climate change hoax

Does that make you feel better about yourself when you can assign someone a position and then ridicule them for it? Most of your posts are like this. Very defensive. Almost like you’re trying to compensate for something. I wonder what that is? :news: 

• Thanks 1