Check your account email address ×

850 Doo is seriously legit

29 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

You just completely contradicted yourself :lol: The adrenaline also has the old school analog gauges.

This is the real Jesus sled :news: 

BC832291-8BA9-4E1C-9F80-FEEA256119F5.png.602731d02960cb8091e90cc7352dbd9d.png

He asked x or xrs you retard

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh boy..here we go...again.  :lol:

The SDI engines were better. Remember when doo had a 124 hp sdi 600 then went to the DI 600 and it was slow as fuck and barley made 118 hp

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

I would buy the adrenaline and purchase better shocks than the x or XRS

For me the adrenaline is sprung and shocked perfectly

Makes a lot of sense. Adrenaline is fine but Imma buy shocks. Where is my cow?

21 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

The SDI engines were better. Remember when doo had a 124 hp sdi 600 then went to the DI 600 and it was slow as fuck and barley made 118 hp

That is one mill the manufacturers need to kick start, at least the only two that will still be making sleds.....  The 600 is great but a nice 650 platform from Polaris and Doo would reinvigorate that class of sled.  It would be easy to accomplish based on the 850 mills.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, f7ben said:

Broke in a new belt over the last couple hundred miles.....trails are cold and fast tonight. Sled is an animal.....there isnt an 800 that compares. Really love this sled.

:lol:   There is not a more wishy washy person on sleds than you.  :lol:  

Everything sucks......until you own it.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Poncho said:

That is one mill the manufacturers need to kick start, at least the only two that will still be making sleds.....  The 600 is great but a nice 650 platform from Polaris and Doo would reinvigorate that class of sled.  It would be easy to accomplish based on the 850 mills.

Might as well make it a 670 or 700

120 hp class is a little lame 

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   There is not a more wishy washy person on sleds than you.  :lol:  

Everything sucks......until you own it.  :lol:  

I never said a bad word about the 850 etec.......ever!!!!11

On 11/14/2017 at 5:36 PM, f7ben said:

Etec is gay as fuck ....have a look at what Drew replaced his faggot etec with and then you have an idea what you should do 

On 11/8/2017 at 10:35 AM, f7ben said:

I sat on a G4 at the dealer last year before buying the Axys and it wasnt even close to as ergonomically correct for me anyways 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I never said a bad word about the 850 etec.......ever!!!!11

:lol:  Want more?

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Might as well make it a 670 or 700

120 hp class is a little lame 

I agree that something in between would be perfect IMO.

:lol:  Sorry just couldn't help myself.

On 9/29/2017 at 11:25 AM, f7ben said:

Etec may indeed be the best 2 stroke ....but that is like being the chick at the clinic with the least std's ......2 strokes are garbage toys that make no power and are about as reliable as most everything on an arctic cat. Fuck motors that are shot after 2 good seasons rendering your sled worthless on the market

On 9/29/2017 at 1:03 PM, f7ben said:

God how many issues we have here. A 6k miles etec is about worthless and 1200's while costing quite a bit less initially sell for every bit as much or more as etecs once the miles are over 5k. Secondly I'd bet 50% or better of etec have grenaded by 7k miles....that is just getting broken in for a 1200. Next we have the pathetic performance of the etec. A 1200 will give an etec a run every time with 30hp less and 50lbs more weight. That is garbage. If manu's put the effort into 4 strokes we could ride out sleds 2k miles a year for 6-7 years before buying new. Instead we have to trade in at 5k miles or risk having a worthless paper weight for a backup sled.

Fuck 2 strokes and fuck etecs and fuck skidoo and FUCK YOU @@@@@@@@@@@@@222222222222222 :bigfinger: 

On 9/29/2017 at 1:20 PM, f7ben said:

dude....they all got new factory pistons prior to 3k miles .....we would be seeing a ton more of them popped by now without the factory slugs for free.....in the next few years as they start to get up there you will here more and more of them letting go. We have had some shitty snow years and most of them dont even have 2k miles on their new slugs yet. 

They are junk

• Haha 2

I got to say my 850 is quite a weapon. Took a bit to get it to turn properly. I was adjusting everything except the front rear spring. Well that is the magic adjustment to fine tune this thing. Trail riding is effortless and a few times I was thinking to myself gee I must be doing at least 90mph. Look down to see 106-110 mph.

That was a bit too fast for these trails as the deer were jumping out like target practice.

G4 belts are shit. Sled performance can really take a hit if you get a shitty belt. New belt 60-70 miles of easy break in, sled barely hit 106 on a mile strait. WTF?

get 300 miles on it before it pulls a cord. Put a new one on same break in and 110 at 3/4 throttle sled feels way faster. Weird.

Belt issues on new sleds is a joke. The old crossfire’s were awesome on belts. Shit I can put a new belt on my CFR and race all season. I replace it every year just cause. 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Belt issues on new sleds is a joke. The old crossfire’s were awesome on belts. Shit I can put a new belt on my CFR and race all season. I replace it every year just cause. 

I've had some struggles with my boosted sidewinder but when you go from 205 to 290 hp its hard to complain about a few belts.  

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

Buss has a new ctec2

Both buss and Drew's sleds rip....the 850 etec is just a great motor though. More pop everywhere. I'm only judging their sleds based on my seat time. Obviously those poor rigs have tough loves propelling fat men around

You called young son fat.  lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I've had some struggles with my boosted sidewinder but when you go from 205 to 290 hp its hard to complain about a few belts.  

That’s a different scenario 

doo 850’s should not have belt issues but I’ve even seen pics of the new clutch exploding 

18 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How many miles are they lasting.

Last few were 300-500 miles however one of them was after a fairly significant change in alignment on a belt that already had 400 miles on it.   I was surprised it didn't pop quicker.   I still feel its shift timing between the primary and secondary as they are snapping not shredding and my clutch temps are reasonable.   I've broke 4 in the first 1250 miles.   The first two were coming out of a backshift and back into the throttle.   I think this got to much slack on the tension side (slow backshift by the secondary) then when back into it....bang.   Pretty much got that resolved but now have broken a few on longer acceleration runs. 

I have yet to try the harder 8DN belt which guys are having pretty good luck with.   Most boosted setups are with significantly steeper helix angle but I hate how they backshift, especially for the trails I ride the most on.   I'll give up plenty of top speed to get a much more responsive backshift.   That just might not be the best setup for a sled of this nature but a damn a snappy 290 hp sled if fun on the trails.  

Edited by Highmark

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

Broke in a new belt over the last couple hundred miles.....trails are cold and fast tonight. Sled is an animal.....there isnt an 800 that compares. Really love this sled.

what are you running for clutching? I've ran two setups, I'm currently running Billy Howards. I started with 970 ramps 150/350 primary spring and a Goodwin pin kit. I worked really good with that setup but the clutches were still pretty warm. This setup has fairly cool clutches especially the secondary with the new helix from Howards.

I'm also running a Jaws pipe now

I also switched to an xs821 belt which dropped the RPM's as its a softer compound belt.

Edited by jtssrx

Just now, jtssrx said:

what are you running for clutching? I've ran two setups, I'm currently running Billy Howards. I started with 970 ramps 150/350 primary spring and a Goodwin pin kit. I worked really good with that setup but the clutches were still pretty warm. This setup has fairly cool clutches especially the secondary with the new helix from Howards.

I'm also running a Jaws pipe now

Crazy gains from that pipe. You likely?

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Crazy gains from that pipe. You likely?

The issue I have is I'm running a 1.6 inch cobra. I'm not really getting the most out of this sled as it spins everywhere except deep or packed snow.