Check your account email address ×

Greatest race car driver of all time.

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's not surprising that most Americans wouldn't know a famous Formula 1 driver from the 60's. For whatever reason more Canadians seem to follow F1.

That reminds me of a squabble I got in with the old RiverRat guy on HCS. He tried to claim that Dale Earndhart Jr had more fans, and made more $$$ than Michael Schumacher at the time:lol:

Seriously, how does anyone that follows the sport even casually not know about Jim Clark? He won the "65 Indy 500 by over 2 minutes. Hammond on Gran Tour did a recent biography of him and his accomplishments. It's quite good. He raced on an entirely different level than other drivers. I think something that helped him become so good was how easy he had to be on the equipment. He raced Lotus which had a bad reputation for being fast, but very fragile. Smooth was his code word. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's not surprising that most Americans wouldn't know a famous Formula 1 driver from the 60's. For whatever reason more Canadians seem to follow F1.

That reminds me of a squabble I got in with the old RiverRat guy on HCS. He tried to claim that Dale Earndhart Jr had more fans, and made more $$$ than Michael Schumacher at the time:lol:

Schumacher was making $50 million a season 20 years ago!

That's not sponsorships. Just to drive.

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Schumacher was making $50 million a season 20 years ago!

That's not sponsorships. Just to drive.

I know. Some guys just have blinders on.

10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Seriously, how does anyone that follows the sport even casually not know about Jim Clark? He won the "65 Indy 500 by over 2 minutes. Hammond on Gran Tour did a recent biography of him and his accomplishments. It's quite good. He raced on an entirely different level than other drivers. I think something that helped him become so good was how easy he had to be on the equipment. He raced Lotus which had a bad reputation for being fast, but very fragile. Smooth was his code word. 

I don't know a lot about Clack. Maybe if I knew more about him I would agree with you. I do know that he is considered one of the best ever. The reason I said Mario is because of the different disciplines of racing that he was successful. Nascar, Indycar, F1 and WSC. Gurney was the only other driver to win in all 4 of those series.

• Like 1

You have to watch the episode on the grand tour to understand who Jim was if you don't know already. Regardless who you think who is the best, if you go strictly by the numbers. Clark was the best.

Grand tour season 3 episode 5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tomas. said:

You have to watch the episode on the grand tour to understand who Jim was if you don't know already. Regardless who you think who is the best, if you go strictly by the numbers. Clark was the best.

Grand tour season 3 episode 5

Thanks. I'm on season 2 right now. I'll check that episode out :bc:

Many different time frames for great drivers in francecar , Esr. , Gordon , J.J. are great drivers in their respected snapshot days of wheeling . Are they the all time best in francecar ??  No.  Just look at the current driver that has 200 wins between the three francecar  series at age 33.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

senior wasn't even the best NASCAR driver-  JJ is the GOAT in NASCAR

Dale Earnhardt was an angel sent from heaven to show the rest of us how to properly turn left.

Also Knaus had more to do with JJs success than JJ himself. 

The thing about Clark is he was driving at the top level in multiple forms of racing at the same time. He was a formula 1 champ and won the Indy 500 and raced Rally and European stock cars in the same year. Senna was the greatest formula 1 driver but if the question is who was the best racing car driver than Clark wins.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

The thing about Clark is he was driving at the top level in multiple forms of racing at the same time. He was a formula 1 champ and won the Indy 500 and raced Rally and European stock cars in the same year. Senna was the greatest formula 1 driver but if the question is who was the best racing car driver than Clark wins.

Senna was very dominant in the rain. He was a beast!

Yes f1 runs in the wet. Unlike Nascar faggots!:thumbsup:

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Senna was very dominant in the rain. He was a beast!

Yes f1 runs in the wet. Unlike Nascar faggots!:thumbsup:

Right because a Nascar oval race in the rain would be so awesome...btw they do race in the rain on road courses so smarten up jizz breath.:roundhouse:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Bullshit. The answer is Dale Earnhardt and if you think otherwise you're going straight to hell.

17 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

senior wasn't even the best NASCAR driver-  JJ is the GOAT in NASCAR

17 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Dale Earnhardt was an angel sent from heaven to show the rest of us how to properly turn left.

Also Knaus had more to do with JJs success than JJ himself. 

Richard Petty was better  than both of those 2 faggots.

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not the greatest driver of all time but very good and cool to see where it all started for Roger Penske.

I would have though Rusty had more wins for Penske, but Brad does run quite a few Xfinity races.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

If we are talking strictly NASCAR...I have to say Dale Sr./David Pearson as 1 and 1A

As much as it pains me to say it, JJ has surpassed Senior in my mind. And that's coming from a huge Senior fan. KB is also going to make his mark before he's done, too. If he wasn't such a mental midget earlier in his career he might have already had 3-4 champioships under his belt.

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You

That comes later :lol: