Check your account email address ×

Adult conversation and opinion

jtssrx

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

True but what part of the city were you in?  Don't you think the govt and media work hand in hand and influence or manipulate each other in a lot of ways?   I do.  

No different than radical islam I think race relations in this country have a wide range.   For example.

You have muslims that are radical terrorists, you have muslims that believe completely in what the radicals are doing and that infidels should conform or die yet would never participate in jihad and you have have those don't agree but "understand" why and those that completely disagree.

Same could be said about race relations, probably both sides. 

Well I am a contractor so I am in all sides of the city on any given day. This morning the neighborhood was not the worst but not that good either. It is definitely a black neighborhood.

I think the govt here tries to hide alot of the violence from the public actually. But whenever there is a police shooting the media is always right there and then they show some psycho protestor and everybody thinks thats how it is. What the media (local) doesnt show alot of is the communities protesting against the violence. I guess because that doesnt spark outrage and incite people.

Also, where my office is on the southwest side there is probably a hundred thousand or more muslims and have been for many years. Do you know how many problems I have encountered with muslims? Zero. And I also interact with many muslims in business thru various General contractors, architects, consultants, vendors, govt agencies, etc... and outside of them being PITA negotiators, I get along just fine with them. So I dont get all "redneck" over the shit i see on TV about them either. And I have never encountered a "radical" muslim who denounced something I or someone else was doing. This city has always been very multicultural so its not really a big deal to see them dressing and doing things within their culture. Believe me, the last thing they want to do is piss off the southside, it would not end up well for them.

4 hours ago, Anler said:

Like I said, the media is pushing this. Working in "the murder Capitol of the world" and watching the BLM on TV you'd think we were on the brink of civil war. 

But I was in the city all morning and yesterday and every black person I crossed said, " good morning" "hello" "have a blessed day" holding doors for people, all with smiles on their faces. 

So you can allow yourself to be consumed by the negativity or you can go on being a positive influence. The choice IS ours...

You know where my operation is at, all my neighbors are black and we all say good morning good night ect., and my facilities are open to the local chamber of commerce and any other local community organizations for meetings, events, etc...

I want the guys who live in largely white rural areas to think about how guys like me and the Analer who live and work in ethnically diverse communities get along with minorities, we are not afraid and pessimistic .....why are you afraid and pessimistic?

17 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You know where my operation is at, all my neighbors are black and we all say good morning good night ect., and my facilities are open to the local chamber of commerce and any other local community organizations for meetings, events, etc...

I want the guys who live in largely white rural areas to think about how guys like me and the Analer who live and work in ethnically diverse communities get along with minorities, we are not afraid and pessimistic .....why are you afraid and pessimistic?

I grew up in Dearborn Vince. I had a lot of Arab friends growing up. My sister married a (Christian) Lebanese guy. I could tell you all about Arabs, Chaldeans, and Muslims. No fear here. I do think it's the right thing to do to vet incoming ones now though. Its different now than 20-30 years ago for sure.

24 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Neither you nor the Nazi Pig Dog live in the hood liar :guzzle: 

26 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

So long as you get out of Dodge before sundown.

46 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I don't know that the majority of white people are afraid at all.  The pessimism comes from watching how the negroes act and the statistical high crime rates in black areas vs other areas.  Again, this is the news media.  Do I think it is as bad as what can be poured into my living room.  Nope.  But then again, I really don't care.  Give them whatever they want, and let them do whatever they want.  They won't change.

25 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I grew up in Dearborn Vince. I had a lot of Arab friends growing up. My sister married a (Christian) Lebanese guy. I could tell you all about Arabs, Chaldeans, and Muslims. No fear here. I do think it's the right thing to do to vet incoming ones now though. Its different now than 20-30 years ago for sure.

I worked out of a swanky downtown Atlanta financial district for years.  The area was all but surrounded by less than desirable neighborhoods producing a large percentage of crime.  Never bothered me a bit....but then again, I was never around after midnight in any of those areas.  Several people I worked with had some real rough run-ins after dark in the parking garages.  A lot had carry permits.  Not sure why though, none of them could shoot their way out of the inside of a glass bottle.

It's simple, there are areas you can be in...and there are areas you probably shouldn't be in.  I never really worried about any of it...but I'm not a wiener either.  Now women?  Ask them what they think.  My wife never once came to have lunch with me because she was scared she'd make a wrong turn and end up in a place...far from civilization.  I just laughed.  But, I understood too.

19 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So long as you get out of Dodge before sundown.

Yes indeed. Let's not get all "heroic" during daylight hours surrounded by people going about their daily business.  :handjob:

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I worked out of a swanky downtown Atlanta financial district for years.  The area was all but surrounded by less than desirable neighborhoods producing a large percentage of crime.  Never bothered me a bit....but then again, I was never around after midnight in any of those areas.  Several people I worked with had some real rough run-ins after dark in the parking garages.  A lot had carry permits.  Not sure why though, none of them could shoot their way out of the inside of a glass bottle.

It's simple, there are areas you can be in...and there are areas you probably shouldn't be in.  I never really worried about any of it...but I'm not a wiener either.  Now women?  Ask them what they think.  My wife never once came to have lunch with me because she was scared she'd make a wrong turn and end up in a place...far from civilization.  I just laughed.  But, I understood too.

I wasn't insinuating Dearborn is a rough neighborhood, although it can get weird at times. But it does have the largest Arab population outside the Middle East. Whiteys are in the minority there, it's not even close. Sorry, I guess I assumed everybody knew that.:lol:

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Fawk there places in Rochester Ny even that i would not want my car to breakdown in ..even during the day..fawk that.

There's been a few wrong turns I've taken over the years getting lost in areas that looked like I stepped into a third world country.  Never really worried too much though.  But I know in the back of my mind I was smart enough to run the statistic of what could happen in the area I was lost in vs. an area filled with lots of "crackers".  I was in DC once and got all fucked up.  I passed a corner gas station twice and decided to ask for directions.  Put it to you this way, there was a liquor store, the gas station, and then another liquor store.  And I sure drew a lot of eyes from A LOT of people as I got out of the car and walked into the station.  As soon as I walked in, the black dude behind the counter said loud as hell to me "BOY I KNOW YOU LOST AS HELL AINTCHA?"  Everybody around cracked up...even me.  We actually had a good time about it.  Here's the funny thing, that same dude that gave me directions to get out of there said, "Don't come back here after dark now...it's a different place."

It is what it is fella's.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There's been a few wrong turns I've taken over the years getting lost in areas that looked like I stepped into a third world country.  Never really worried too much though.  But I know in the back of my mind I was smart enough to run the statistic of what could happen in the area I was lost in vs. an area filled with lots of "crackers".  I was in DC once and got all fucked up.  I passed a corner gas station twice and decided to ask for directions.  Put it to you this way, there was a liquor store, the gas station, and then another liquor store.  And I sure drew a lot of eyes from A LOT of people as I got out of the car and walked into the station.  As soon as I walked in, the black dude behind the counter said loud as hell to me "BOY I KNOW YOU LOST AS HELL AINTCHA?"  Everybody around cracked up...even me.  We actually had a good time about it.  Here's the funny thing, that same dude that gave me directions to get out of there said, "Don't come back here after dark now...it's a different place."

It is what it is fella's.

got lost in Cleveland Ohio years ago..and hungry ..i knew i was in somewhat bad part of town..but hey..so i go into a McDonalds ..packed full of people..all black ..i ordered to go, was not completely dark out yet..but it was sure dark in there.

Bought a gps right after that deal.

Edited by Capt.Storm

52 minutes ago, Edmo said:

One of my best friends is a Christian Lebanese and his oldest sister married a Muslim, shit he even converted, great guy from what I remember, but quite the dork.  I recently hired a Muslim engineer who was born in Iran, one of the best work ethics of anyone.  No worries but governments do need to to check into the backgrounds cause they even admit many are fucked in the head.

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I wasn't insinuating Dearborn is a rough neighborhood, although it can get weird at times. But it does have the largest Arab population outside the Middle East. Whiteys are in the minority there, it's not even close. Sorry, I guess I assumed everybody knew that.:lol:

I know.  The point I think we are all trying to make is, for the most part, people are just people.  Just trying to get by and do the best they can with the cards they were dealt.  And I truly believe that.  Just like any race/religion/whatever.  There are the ones that foster and grow a real bad sentiment from onlookers.  The blacks have seemed to bring this to an art form....it's what they seem to do well.  Most cultures tend to stay to themselves and draw as little attention as possible.  For the most part, Arabs, Hispanics and Asians fit this mold.  But it's not a very big secret where the worlds problems are starting to develop and take hold.  And that's a shame for the ones living here that have never done a damn thing wrong.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I know.  The point I think we are all trying to make is, for the most part, people are just people.  Just trying to get by and do the best they can with the cards they were dealt.  And I truly believe that.  Just like any race/religion/whatever.  There are the ones that foster and grow a real bad sentiment from onlookers.  The blacks have seemed to bring this to an art form....it's what they seem to do well.  Most cultures tend to stay to themselves and draw as little attention as possible.  For the most part, Arabs, Hispanics and Asians fit this mold.  But it's not a very big secret where the worlds problems are starting to develop and take hold.  And that's a shame for the ones living here that have never done a damn thing wrong.

FDR would put them all in "camps" till it was sorted out if he were still alive and king!

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, SnowRider said:

The simple truth is there are millions of ignorant Americans who are uncomfortable, scared, and unsure of anyone who doesn't look or believe like they do.  Fear is the driver of the ignorance.  It's black people.  It's Muslims.  It's Hispanics.  It's gay people. It's atheists.  The list goes on.  

Remember when gay marriage was becoming legal in a handful of states and the right wingers told us the moral fabric of society, the sanctity of marriage, and our children are all going to be at risk because gay people are getting married..:news:. It's an example of fear and ignorance of the unknown.

The cultural and racial make up of our society is changing and most of it is for the better.  Millions of Muslim, brown, black, gay, non believers,, etc get up and go to work, take care of their families, and volunteer in their communities everyday.  Yet - like it has always been - the focus is on the outliers and those who fit into the preconceived notions and prejudices many people have.  Peaceful protests and demonstrations are as American as Apple Pie and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them.  In fact it's part of our fabric and should be encouraged.  I don't condone violence or looting as demonstrations turn to riots...but I also don't allow my perceptions to be controlled by fear.  

Vinvce made an excellent point about the access to video as more questionable behavior is exposed.  Often times the general population has video evidence of the situation and the local authorities can no longer frame the info to support their cause.  Coupled with the fact many people believe they are treated unfairly - for example length of incarceration based on the same charge- the circumstances are ripe for demonstrations.  

Many people on here like to believe they have a 'fuck the government' attitude but almost always rush to defend the governments enforcement agencies - cops and the military.  It's contradictory. 

I am so sick and tired of being told that if you don't give free shit to poor black people you're racist. 

9 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The fact you see a color is your problem. If Americans were all blind how would we ever discriminate?

I don't see color as a problem and I'm not sure how you came up with that conclusion. It's my contention that prior to Obama race relations were good if not great. 

We we have a leadership problem. Leadership that looks to divide not unite the races. This can't be debated. 

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Goos post Vince. Its amazing the current generation is shocked by todays racial protests. Hey kiddos protesters actually blew up buildings too in the 60's.

It's shocking because the complaints of today are baseless unlike the complaints of the 1960's

Edited by jtssrx

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I am so sick and tired of being told that if you don't give free shit to poor black people you're racist. 

What does free shit have to do with color blind sentencing?  And yeah - I'm sick of giving away free shit also....supporting a MIC and billion dollar corps not paying taxes and hiding profits overseas.  I'm sick of it :bc: