Check your account email address ×

Trump ahead 7 points in the GE

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I was wondering why the village idiot wasn't posting polls anymore...hmmmm.

:lol: 

When thy switch from that to Football helmets, Tax returns and Ruskies you now she's probably not doing too well at the time

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

I'd say this election is a crap shoot. You can't believe anything the media tells us or any of these polls. Who the fuck knows what is going to happen. 

:goodpost:

21 minutes ago, Anler said:

I'd say this election is a crap shoot. You can't believe anything the media tells us or any of these polls. Who the fuck knows what is going to happen. 

No doubt you cannot trust the media with the polls not being much better.

Many of the points I made earlier this spring or summer when I listed why I thought Trump would win are holding or coming true.  He has a real chance if he don't have a Romney 47% moment.  There are so many factors that people don't pay attention to that really matter.  One of the largest being how tough it is for a party to win 3 terms in a row, especially when the economy is not considered strong.  Trump needs to hammer Hillary on her lies and the poor economic data that is out there.   If he can do that she is in trouble come November.  I'd say I'm seeing 20 to 1 Hillary to Trump ads in Iowa and he is doing quite well here. 

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

No doubt you cannot trust the media with the polls not being much better.

Many of the points I made earlier this spring or summer when I listed why I thought Trump would win are holding or coming true.  He has a real chance if he don't have a Romney 47% moment.  There are so many factors that people don't pay attention to that really matter.  One of the largest being how tough it is for a party to win 3 terms in a row, especially when the economy is not considered strong.  Trump needs to hammer Hillary on her lies and the poor economic data that is out there.   If he can do that she is in trouble come November.  I'd say I'm seeing 20 to 1 Hillary to Trump ads in Iowa and he is doing quite well here. 

Agreed.  I haven't seen one Trump ad yet (other than the one here...which was weak).

Another Problem, Romney was doing well until his loose lips sunk his ship with a few very ill-timed video and voice recordings.  And that was Romney.  Imagine Trump NOT doing that to himself.  It seems almost unimaginable.  And with every single MSM outlet looking for anything that can be spun negatively, well....bombs away!

34 minutes ago, Anler said:

It will be the most watched election coverage ever by people all over the world trying to figure out how the two candidates got picked in the first place.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It will be the most watched election coverage ever by people all over the world trying to figure out how the two candidates got picked in the first place.

And they'll laugh and laugh at the winner and the United States.  No matter who is "crowned".  But, Obama's administration has been keeping them laughing for many years now...so, they're pretty used to our wonderful clown show.

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd say I'm seeing 20 to 1 Hillary to Trump ads in Iowa and he is doing quite well here. 

Those ads are a massive waste of money. They just make me chuckle. Is anyone really swayed by some attack commercial on tv? I wish they would just donate all the money to a worthwhile cause.

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

And they'll laugh and laugh at the winner and the United States.  No matter who is "crowned".  But, Obama's administration has been keeping them laughing for many years now...so, they're pretty used to our wonderful clown show.

Obama started out well liked by the rest of the world though.  Can't say the same this time around.

The polls don't tell the most important story which is that the GOP(with or without Trump) has an uphill battle in the Electoral College. 

The Democrats are many Electoral College votes ahead of the GOP before the first ballot is even cast because they have more Electoral College votes that are undoubtedly going to go their way. 

Democrats entered 2016 with a decided advantage in the race to accumulate the 270 electoral votes (EVs) needed to win the White House. A bloc of 18 states, plus the District of Columbia, has voted Democratic in each of the past six presidential elections. Together, what political scientists call the ” blue wall” comprises 242 EVs, meaning that Clinton needs to win only another 28 from any combination of competitive battleground states in order to secure the presidency.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439466/donald-trump-electoral-map-paths-270-impossibly-narrow

If Hillary wins those states plus Florida, she reaches 270 and it's over. 

Trump might win but the odds are not in his favor. 

40 minutes ago, SSFB said:

The polls don't tell the most important story which is that the GOP(with or without Trump) has an uphill battle in the Electoral College. 

The Democrats are many Electoral College votes ahead of the GOP before the first ballot is even cast because they have more Electoral College votes that are undoubtedly going to go their way. 

Democrats entered 2016 with a decided advantage in the race to accumulate the 270 electoral votes (EVs) needed to win the White House. A bloc of 18 states, plus the District of Columbia, has voted Democratic in each of the past six presidential elections. Together, what political scientists call the ” blue wall” comprises 242 EVs, meaning that Clinton needs to win only another 28 from any combination of competitive battleground states in order to secure the presidency.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439466/donald-trump-electoral-map-paths-270-impossibly-narrow

If Hillary wins those states plus Florida, she reaches 270 and it's over. 

Trump might win but the odds are not in his favor. 

Yep, Dems have a huge advantage there. But it may be a mistake to assume it will be exactly the same this time around.

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Yep, Dems have a huge advantage there. But it may be a mistake to assume it will be exactly the same this time around.

Anything can happen of course but there's strong precedence there with the states that go Dem. 

No doubt an uphill battle for Trump but Bush did it twice.   We are not all that removed from those elections.   Also look at how close Romney was in some of the states.   There are plenty of states Clinton will not do nearly as well as Obama. 

screen-shot-2012-11-20-at-112834-am.png

Edited by Highmark