Check your account email address ×

Weekend thread!!!!!11

SSFB

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, ckf said:

At least you have the internet :dunno: 

Slow and spotty bit yeah I can keep tabs on the assylum!  :bc:

If we dont get off this morning, and it looks like we wont, Im gonna go hunting at day break. We bought a .22lr and a 12ga from some locals yesterday. Figure we can bag some ptarmigan or something. :bc:

12 minutes ago, ckf said:

HAHA, I used to sell furniture back in the day. Guys were fine if they were by themselves. When they came in with their wives they couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. Having a game going on a big screen helped as long as their wife didn't mind them wandering off :lol: 

I want the price out the door.  Not the price of whatever the mattress is on sale today, the box spring isn't, the recommend frame is another price today only, and if you want to 90 day return, you have to buy the mattress sleeve which is a sale price today but they aren't sure what it is.

Of this bed has a tag on it for 70% off, but that is for the floor model only and we can't sell that to you until the rest of the beds in the warehouse sell first.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, racinfarmer said:

I want the price out the door.  Not the price of whatever the mattress is on sale today, the box spring isn't, the recommend frame is another price today only, and if you want to 90 day return, you have to buy the mattress sleeve which is a sale price today but they aren't sure what it is.

Of this bed has a tag on it for 70% off, but that is for the floor model only and we can't sell that to you until the rest of the beds in the warehouse sell first.

What blew me away was the sales staff. If they are not all on commission their daily payroill must be $2800.

21 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Mattresses have a huge markup. We used to sell them at 50% off when not on sale and still make over 100% markup.

59 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I did the furniture shopping thing too. 1 step above a root canal.

The last time we look at furniture we got some dipshit young kid.  He kept trying to help us but he had no idea what he was talking about.  My wife hated him so I ended up firing him and bought something through the store manager.  

39 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The worst mattress I ever bought was from a furniture store.  The last few have some from Sam's.  Check out Costco too.  You can get a nice bed for less than $500.

31 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Furniture in general has a huge mark up on it.  

Most of it is around 150% markup. Mattresses had the highest markup at the time. Some of the recliner companies were closer to 200% so they can run buy one get one free and still make $$$$$

33 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

The last time we look at furniture we got some dipshit young kid.  He kept trying to help us but he had no idea what he was talking about.  My wife hated him so I ended up firing him and bought something through the store manager.  

The worst mattress I ever bought was from a furniture store.  The last few have some from Sam's.  Check out Costco too.  You can get a nice bed for less than $500.

We are moving some stuff around and getting a guest bedroom set up.

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

Most of it is around 150% markup. Mattresses had the highest markup at the time. Some of the recliner companies were closer to 200% so they can run buy one get one free and still make $$$$$

I know some of it is 250-300% markup.  We looked at some Fjords of Norway stuff for the living room.  Yeah...

17 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I finished my Neigbor’s boiler job last night.He did a lot of the work himself. He just needs to run the supply and return to the garage for the hot water unit heater. 

A114C629-0219-4B5E-B22C-B19BF0E669B4.jpeg

Nice work!  I sat with my plumber when we put my maze together. Neat, tidy and orderly!!!  Just the way I like EVERYTHING!!!

1 hour ago, ckf said:

HAHA, I used to sell furniture back in the day. Guys were fine if they were by themselves. When they came in with their wives they couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. Having a game going on a big screen helped as long as their wife didn't mind them wandering off :lol: 

It’s a woman thing.  I tried to show my daughter (who is a bit more stern than my wife) a thing or two when we went shopping for her car.   All went to shit.  Emotions run over and they can’t help themselves.  She even had the salespeople giving me a shit eating grin!!!  :wall:

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

I did the furniture shopping thing too. 1 step above a root canal.

I’ll take the root canal.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nice work!  I sat with my plumber when we put my maze together. Neat, tidy and orderly!!!  Just the way I like EVERYTHING!!!

It’s a woman thing.  I tried to show my daughter (who is a bit more stern than my wife) a thing or two when we went shopping for her car.   All went to shit.  Emotions run over and they can’t help themselves.  She even had the salespeople giving me a shit eating grin!!!  :wall:

I’ll take the root canal.  

My neighbor is a engineer and the system we took out was original 1965. He wanted the new system to last just as long.  I even used lead solder.:lol:one of my venders got me that cast iron made in USA boiler for $1100.  The newer copper fin high efficiency boilers just don’t last. You are lucky to get 15 years out of them. 

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Women always seem to let their emotions get in the way of making a practical decision.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Women always seem to let their emotions get in the way of making a practical and rational decision.

Liberal men have the same problem.  :lmao:

43 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Did they have 1 toof each, kinda off to the side ?

Fucking @Kivalo

Moves to Alaska for a great adventure, beaches his boat, loses at bingo to a bunch of toothless old eskimo ladies with sand-sock tits.  Sheesh.  Somebody needs to help the boy oooot!!!  How far is @AKIQPilot from his coordinates?????

:lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Fucking @Kivalo

Moves to Alaska for a great adventure, beaches his boat, loses at bingo to a bunch of toothless old eskimo ladies with sand-sock tits.  Sheesh.  Somebody needs to help the boy oooot!!!  How far is @AKIQPilot from his coordinates?????

Tom is enjoying the sunshine in the Southwest somewhere. I think he is currently in Vegas watching the NHRA race.

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

My neighbor is a engineer and the system we took out was original 1965. He wanted the new system to last just as long.  I even used lead solder.:lol:one of my venders got me that cast iron made in USA boiler for $1100.  The newer copper fin high efficiency boilers just don’t last. You are lucky to get 15 years out of them. 

Nice...I must have one of those cast iron boilers because it looks old as fuck and (knock on wood) it still works well.😆

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Fucking @Kivalo

I didnt move to Alaska you dummy! I simply work here. I would shoot myself if I had to live in a place whose friday night social scene consisted of sober bingo amd thats it.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Tom is enjoying the sunshine in the Southwest somewhere. I think he is currently in Vegas watching the NHRA race.

Figures.  He’s never around when needed!!!!!  Kivalo is gonna end up marrying some drunken, toothless, old sand socked tits, Inuit bingo champion.

:lmao:

26 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I didnt move to Alaska you dummy! I simply work here. I would shoot myself if I had to live in a place whose friday night social scene consisted of sober bingo amd thats it.

Well, you do live there while you work, right?  Or do you commute?  :lmao:

Seriously, there’s gotta be some good poon and better places to swing your meat than what you are seeing and experiencing.  Do I need to get on a plane!!?!?!?!  I want a hot Inuit woman in a skimpy musk ox bikini to make me whale blubber ice cream (Don’t remember the name of that grossness). :lol: 

• Gold Member
39 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Figures.  He’s never around when needed!!!!!  Kivalo is gonna end up marrying some drunken, toothless, old sand socked tits, Inuit bingo champion.

:lmao:

Well, you do live there while you work, right?  Or do you commute?  :lmao:

Seriously, there’s gotta be some good poon and better places to swing your meat than what you are seeing and experiencing.  Do I need to get on a plane!!?!?!?!  I want a hot Inuit woman in a skimpy musk ox bikini to make me whale blubber ice cream (Don’t remember the name of that grossness). :lol: 

My job is delivering fuel to native communities along the west coast. Most of the towns are shitholes and most of the woman have less teeth a baby! The eat fermented Beluga Whale for fucks sake!

Edited by Kivalo

3 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

My job is delivering fuel to native communities along the west coast. Most of the towns are shitholes and most of the woman have less teeth a baby! The eat fermented Beluga Whale for fucks sake!

Why did ya take that gig, town dump wasn't hiring?

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Its a sweet gig and I'll be able to climb the ranks here quickly.  :bc: