Check your account email address ×

Poor 6.2 gm in pickups

BOHICA

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I owned and drove a 2003 Silverado 2500 HD for  couple years and many miles. There is no scenario where the truck would get 15 mpg on the highway at 80....its impossible and that has been the experience of everyone I know that owned or owns one. At 80 on the freeway its a 11-12 mpg truck every time

I concur  Ben....mine was very thirsty.....but i have seen the odd one that gets miracle mileage....my wifes friend has one....i didnt believe her till I witnessed it 1st hand.

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I owned and drove a 2003 Silverado 2500 HD for  couple years and many miles. There is no scenario where the truck would get 15 mpg on the highway at 80....its impossible and that has been the experience of everyone I know that owned or owns one. At 80 on the freeway its a 11-12 mpg truck every time

Do they all have the same gears in the read end?

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Do they all have the same gears in the read end?

I'm not sure what the older trucks had. mine is a 2012 crew with 3.73's and is completely stock. i believe the newer ones have 4.10's. I'm not debating that they can be thirsty, especially when towing. I've seen as little as the 6's with a strong head wind. Fireball asked for mileage and I relayed my experience as an owner.

Just now, Skidude600 said:

I'm not sure what the older trucks had. mine is a 2012 crew with 3.73's and is completely stock. i believe the newer ones have 4.10's. I'm not debating that they can be thirsty, especially when towing. I've seen as little as the 6's with a strong head wind. Fireball asked for mileage and I relayed my experience as an owner.

I would think that there would be a big difference in MPG if you are comparing 3.73's to 4.10's

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I would think that there would be a big difference in MPG if you are comparing 3.73's to 4.10's

Probably so. I've never really asked anyone who has a newer one what they are getting. Call me crazy (i know some already have), but this truck seems to have a sweet spot when cruising on the highway and it seems to be at 80.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

:lol:

X3 .   My 05 may touch 14 cruising a level country road around 50 mph with a light foot at best , at most on a blue moon on it's absolute best day . :bc:

8 hours ago, 45th parallel said:

Been running the new bike there too.8.29@84.11 for that. Not sure if you remember Rippin ZR from HCS but he races a 68 mustang there now 7.03@96.94 it has a stroked Windsor

Saw that on the book .  Be careful on that thing ya crazy old coot !   :bc:

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

They all came with 4 10's .

Huh.... My window sticker says 3.73, but I suppose I'm seeing things. Like I said I don't really care if any of you believe me. I'm certainly not on the interwebs to prove anything to anybody. This truck has been twice the truck compared to any of the other trucks I've had and I've been very happy with it, especially the mileage. Freak truck?? Maybe, but I'm glad i own it.

19 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Huh.... My window sticker says 3.73, but I suppose I'm seeing things. Like I said I don't really care if any of you believe me. I'm certainly not on the interwebs to prove anything to anybody. This truck has been twice the truck compared to any of the other trucks I've had and I've been very happy with it, especially the mileage. Freak truck?? Maybe, but I'm glad i own it.

Calm down there Skeedoo Homo  I believe you on the 373's , it's just rare that's all .   They are good trucks and I won't say they are not even though GM is the biggest pos company on earth , they just get poor MPG's with the 6.0

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Calm down there Skeedoo Homo  I believe you on the 373's , it's just rare that's all .   They are good trucks and I won't say they are not even though GM is the biggest pos company on earth , they just get poor MPG's with the 6.0

Buddy of mine bought a new 3/4 ton with the 6.0.   It's beyond a pig on gas 

2 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Lol.... "Homo". How cute.

4 hours ago, Jet said:

I know these forums hate rich people who actually do stuff and have stuff.. and judge everything. Just saying

i think gay jay amg being such a retarded faggot creates more hate than someone being jealous of you. i'm not hatin on you but people with fords would have more friends if gay jay would shut the fuck up for once 

• Like 1

My little cream puff came with 456 cast. You wouldn't believe the fucktards that want to say it didn't.  Most of my friends buying 3/4 tons are getting gas pig gasser instead of the oil burner. They would rather have a gas pig than problems.

image.jpg

• Like 1