Check your account email address ×

Favourite childhood restaurants

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Lol it was pretty good. Their logo was a tiger chasing a black kid around a tree.

They made a small change to that shortly before they went out of business, lol.

image.png

Old Kids Menu

image.png

11 hours ago, Skidude600 said:

Anyone from the Toledo area remember Farrells. The place was set up like an old ragtime era restaurant with red and white color schemes and brass everywhere. The employees wore striped pants with a red vest and a straw hat. Tons of penny candy in huge glass jars with the gigantic swirled suckers that would take you all day to eat. I want to say there was a coliapi (sp) that would play every once in a while, too. It was a young childs dream.

they had those in MN also .

• Platinum Contributing Member
47 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Burger Chef, Alonosis Ice cream parlor and Buscemis pizza

I forget about Buscemis Pizza....there was one down the street from Grandmas in St. Clair Shores. Not a restaurant but you Metro Detroiters probably remember Town Club Pop.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ckf said:

Sambo's was a chain restaurant back in the 70-80's

yeah early was,a black kid with a bone in his hair or more can't remember .

but I remember you got many to color with some raisist shit on it .and all around the celing line there was cartoons of sambo doing jungle shit . there was one like 5 blocks from my grandma's house

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I forget about Buscemis Pizza....there was one down the street from Grandmas in St. Clair Shores. Not a restaurant but you Metro Detroiters probably remember Town Club Pop.

Oh yeah! I used to ride my bike up to the local store where they had all the glass bottles in wooden cases separated by color. :thumb: 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

A+W drive in was the best, dad would load us up in the station wagon a couple times a month to go there. Order into a speaker box menu and a car hop brought the food out.

Within the last 15 years I would say I miss Jim Dandy chicken the most.

They still have A & Ws in Quebec, love eating there when I'm up snowmobiling. :bc:

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Burger Chef, Alonosis Ice cream parlor and Buscemis pizza

Never heard of Burger Chef or Alonosis? But I definitely know Buscemis and their pizza  stromboli, and subs.  There's still lots of them around, but most of them make terrible pizza and stromboli.  All the ones the sand niggers took over.  The one on Hall an Old Van Dyke and the one on Hall and Heydenreich are the only 2 I'll get food from.  The rest suck. 

7 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Never heard of Burger Chef or Alonosis? But I definitely know Buscemis and their pizza  stromboli, and subs.  There's still lots of them around, but most of them make terrible pizza and stromboli.  All the ones the sand niggers took over.  The one on Hall an Old Van Dyke and the one on Hall and Heydenreich are the only 2 I'll get food from.  The rest suck. 

Most of them turned into Hardee's later on. I used to go to the one near Grand River and 8 mile as a kid. I think it's a White Castle now. On the bold, those are the two I hit most also  :thumb: 

http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/forgottenmi/former/former.html

Edited by Skidooski

Well from college.  

Place called Shawarma's in Iowa City.   Best beer food I've ever had. 

Edited by Highmark

I got on a Hardee’s double bacon cheeseburger kick for a while. It was the only fast food joint in my little town.  Taco Bell when I went for a drive (Cheech and Chong style).

Somebody did mention Pizza Hut...yeah, I remember when their deep dish meat lover supreme was like magic.  Now...meh.  I wonder what happened?

10 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

There use to be one on 14 & John R by the Oakland Mall many many moons ago.  Went there lots as a kid.  

Also remember going to Howard Johnsons quite frequently.

Who remembers this place?

505747a0344412537b01fbf635bbe5b8--at-sign-shop-signs.jpg_cf.jpg.ee57bc17191601e70dcb27cdc873b550.jpg

I remember that restaurant! 

When I was a kid I remember eating at the local A&W in the car.  I'd put the glove box cover down to expose the little round-outs to put my root beer.  Pappa burger for Dad, momma burger for Mom, and a baby burger for me. Don't remember what my sister got :dunno:.   Everyone was always into the onion rings except me.   LOL  Best times were driving by the front window  with my buddies blowing the horn with our bare asses hanging out the side windows mooning the patrons after HS football games!  :lol: