Check your account email address ×

Illegal killer....Suspect worked at farm tied to Republican farmer

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, this is a stupid thread by a stupid member.  But, if you want me to start, take my last post replying to HM.

Go.

i agree business owners that hire illegals need to have their asses reamed. in addition, i am all for stopping illegal immigration the best we can, which does not include a wall. i would prefer to better patrol the borders with other means, like agents, drones, etc. but be humane about it. yet you dolts think that means "open borders", like allowing people to just walk in. i'm pretty sure i speak for the majority of dems in this matter. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i'm pretty sure many repukes are OK with temporary work permits given to immigrants, to help the greedy business owners get by (barely). so what would prevent this tragedy happening in those circumstances? 

How about we wait and see if this guy had any other interactions with LE.   

You are correct that there is no way to stop all of these but looking the other way is not the answer either.   

Reality is illegals commit crimes at higher rates than those that enter legally thru work visa's.  

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/crimes-illegal-aliens-not-legal-immigrants-are-the-real-problem

story published by The Hill last month about two studies claiming that “immigrants commit less crime than U.S. born citizens” misses the point that President Trump and other Americans are concerned over the crimes committed by illegal aliens, not legal immigrants. And the existing records on those crimes, like the murder of Kate Steinle in San Francisco in 2015, are truly shocking.

Ronald Mortensen points out some of the methodological problems with these studies in his recent piece in The Hill. But the problems are even worse. The Cato study concluded that “legal and illegal immigrants are less likely to be incarcerated than natives” and the Sentencing Project concluded in their report that “foreign-born residents of the United States commit crime less often than native-born citizens.”

But the issue isn’t non-citizens who are in this country legally, and who must abide by the law to avoid having their visas revoked or their application for citizenship refused. The real issue is the crimes committed by illegal aliens. And in that context, the claim is quite misleading, because both of these studies combine the crime rates of both citizens and non-citizens, legal and illegal.

Instead of using official crime data, these reports also use surveys. The Sentencing Project measures “crime and related behavior based on self-reported accounts of behavior” and Cato uses the United States Census American Community Survey (ACS). For obvious reasons, there is little incentive for anyone, let alone criminal aliens, to self-report their crimes. Many respondents will likely also fail to disclose that they are not a citizen out of fear of discovery and deportation.

These studies overlook disturbing actual data on crimes committed by criminal aliens. For example, the Government Accountability Office released two unsettling reports in 2005 on criminal aliens who are in prison for committing crimes in the United States, and issued an updated report in 2011.

The first report found that criminal aliens, both legal and illegal, make up 27 percent of all federal prisoners. Yet non-citizens are only about nine percent of the nation’s adult population. Thus, judging by the numbers in federal prisons alone, non-citizens commit federal crimes at three times the rate of citizens.

The findings in the second report are even more disturbing. It reviewed the criminal histories of 55,322 aliens in federal or state prisons and local jails who “entered the country illegally.” Those illegal aliens were arrested 459,614 times, an average of 8.3 arrests per illegal alien, and committed almost 700,000 criminal offenses, an average of roughly 12.7 offenses per illegal alien.

The 2011 GAO report is more of the same. The criminal histories of 251,000 criminal aliens showed that they had committed close to three million criminal offenses. Sixty-eight percent of those in federal prison and 66 percent of those in state prisons were from Mexico. Their offenses ranged from homicide and kidnapping to drugs, rape, burglary, and larceny.

Once again, these statistics are not fully representative of crimes committed by illegal aliens — this report only reflects the criminal histories of aliens who were in prison. If there were a way to include all crimes committed by criminal aliens, the numbers would likely be higher since prosecutors often drop criminal charges against an illegal alien if immigration authorities will deport the alien.

The GAO reports also highlight another flaw in using survey data from a national sample. A key factor highlighted in the GAO reports is that criminal aliens from Mexico disproportionately make up incarcerationsand that most arrests are made in the three border states of California, Texas, and Arizona.

In sum, it has not been proven that illegal aliens commit crimes at a lesser rate than either native-born or naturalized American citizens. In fact, existing data may support the opposite conclusion.

But even if it were true, it would be irrelevant to the point being made by President Trump — that none of the millions of crimes committed by illegal aliens would occur if they were not in the country in the first place or were deported when they were caught instead of being turned loose to repeatedly prey on other victims. That is a simple truth that too many American families know from personal experience.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I don't need a bat for that pussy, or anyone. 

I don't say anything about more guns. Shitcago guns laws and restrictions are a joke. They work in favor of the criminals by restricting the law abiding citizens who have the right to defend themselves.

um, you did. you said allowing people to have more guns in that atmosphere. the majority of the deaths there are not gang members shooting innocent people. while it does happen oaccsionally, the innocent people have weaponry. in addiition to all this, analer stated CC already exists. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

How about we wait and see if this guy had any other interactions with LE.   

You are correct that there is no way to stop all of these but looking the other way is not the answer either.   

Reality is illegals commit crimes at higher rates than those that enter legally thru work visa's.  

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/crimes-illegal-aliens-not-legal-immigrants-are-the-real-problem

story published by The Hill last month about two studies claiming that “immigrants commit less crime than U.S. born citizens” misses the point that President Trump and other Americans are concerned over the crimes committed by illegal aliens, not legal immigrants. And the existing records on those crimes, like the murder of Kate Steinle in San Francisco in 2015, are truly shocking.

Ronald Mortensen points out some of the methodological problems with these studies in his recent piece in The Hill. But the problems are even worse. The Cato study concluded that “legal and illegal immigrants are less likely to be incarcerated than natives” and the Sentencing Project concluded in their report that “foreign-born residents of the United States commit crime less often than native-born citizens.”

But the issue isn’t non-citizens who are in this country legally, and who must abide by the law to avoid having their visas revoked or their application for citizenship refused. The real issue is the crimes committed by illegal aliens. And in that context, the claim is quite misleading, because both of these studies combine the crime rates of both citizens and non-citizens, legal and illegal.

Instead of using official crime data, these reports also use surveys. The Sentencing Project measures “crime and related behavior based on self-reported accounts of behavior” and Cato uses the United States Census American Community Survey (ACS). For obvious reasons, there is little incentive for anyone, let alone criminal aliens, to self-report their crimes. Many respondents will likely also fail to disclose that they are not a citizen out of fear of discovery and deportation.

These studies overlook disturbing actual data on crimes committed by criminal aliens. For example, the Government Accountability Office released two unsettling reports in 2005 on criminal aliens who are in prison for committing crimes in the United States, and issued an updated report in 2011.

The first report found that criminal aliens, both legal and illegal, make up 27 percent of all federal prisoners. Yet non-citizens are only about nine percent of the nation’s adult population. Thus, judging by the numbers in federal prisons alone, non-citizens commit federal crimes at three times the rate of citizens.

The findings in the second report are even more disturbing. It reviewed the criminal histories of 55,322 aliens in federal or state prisons and local jails who “entered the country illegally.” Those illegal aliens were arrested 459,614 times, an average of 8.3 arrests per illegal alien, and committed almost 700,000 criminal offenses, an average of roughly 12.7 offenses per illegal alien.

The 2011 GAO report is more of the same. The criminal histories of 251,000 criminal aliens showed that they had committed close to three million criminal offenses. Sixty-eight percent of those in federal prison and 66 percent of those in state prisons were from Mexico. Their offenses ranged from homicide and kidnapping to drugs, rape, burglary, and larceny.

Once again, these statistics are not fully representative of crimes committed by illegal aliens — this report only reflects the criminal histories of aliens who were in prison. If there were a way to include all crimes committed by criminal aliens, the numbers would likely be higher since prosecutors often drop criminal charges against an illegal alien if immigration authorities will deport the alien.

The GAO reports also highlight another flaw in using survey data from a national sample. A key factor highlighted in the GAO reports is that criminal aliens from Mexico disproportionately make up incarcerationsand that most arrests are made in the three border states of California, Texas, and Arizona.

In sum, it has not been proven that illegal aliens commit crimes at a lesser rate than either native-born or naturalized American citizens. In fact, existing data may support the opposite conclusion.

But even if it were true, it would be irrelevant to the point being made by President Trump — that none of the millions of crimes committed by illegal aliens would occur if they were not in the country in the first place or were deported when they were caught instead of being turned loose to repeatedly prey on other victims. That is a simple truth that too many American families know from personal experience.

who wants to look the other way? absolutely this situation needs investigated, fully. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Snoslinger said:

who wants to look the other way? absolutely this situation needs investigated, fully. 

I'm saying on crime by illegals in general.   The limited data is clear that those that enter illegally are more likely to commit crimes than those vetted and given work visa's.  

5 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I don't need a bat for that pussy, or anyone. 

I don't say anything about more guns. Shitcago guns laws and restrictions are a joke. They work in favor of the criminals by restricting the law abiding citizens who have the right to defend themselves.

That would be kind cool though...dontcha think?  Get all "Negan" on a mother fucker!  :lol:

Image result for negan pissing pants gif

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i agree business owners that hire illegals need to have their asses reamed. in addition, i am all for stopping illegal immigration the best we can, which does not include a wall. i would prefer to better patrol the borders with other means, like agents, drones, etc. but be humane about it. yet you dolts think that means "open borders", like allowing people to just walk in. i'm pretty sure i speak for the majority of dems in this matter. 

A lot of folks talking about abolishing ice and easing restrictions on people coming across. Sounds like open borders to me. :dunno: 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

A lot of folks talking about abolishing ice and easing restrictions on people coming across. Sounds like open borders to me. :dunno: 

nope. they want to stop the "open season" on all immigrants, tossing out the good with the bad. the father who's lived here 12 years, a hard worker, not a bad bone in his body. that dpes not mean no proetction at the borders. i'm ok with some of the ice things, but let's not go overbaord because of scare tactics by racists. 

Well, if you are gonna pick a debate fight with me then post shit I agree with...this is gonna be short.  But...let me unpack your post a bit.  I don't really care about a literal wall that much either.  But, it seems as though the border patrol agenst seem to think it's a "must" so, it's going to go up.  At what capacity/expense I may find acceptable...not sure.  I think a solid armed patrol would work too but "humane" well, that depends.  We cannot have people walking across and claiming "amnesty" then have to deal with the logistics of it all.  So, for me, it's simple, NO TRESSASSING...and tresspassers will be delt with at the discretion of the border patrol agent.  Don't wanna get killed...don't play games.  Think of the money that would save on the wall.  RIGHT?  I also know I am not a "humanist", so...my logic here is harsh but, it's effectiveness is unquestionable.  The cheapest solutions for human problems are rarely humane.  A wall, while certainly the most expensive is probably going to be the most humane. 100% effective...no.  But really, nothing will be.

Also, I don't think you really speak for Dems at all here (but maybe in the real world).  I give you more intelligence credit...and always have (this prolly blows minds...and sometimes I wonder myself).  You get tangled up in your own narrative twists but that's because you are passionate.  Passion is fine. Problem is, it makes you look like a hypocritical hack and stupid as fuck if left unchecked.  See: Tooly and MC...all the time.

nope. they want to stop the "open season" on all immigrants, tossing out the good with the bad. the father who's lived here 12 years, a hard worker, not a bad bone in his body. that dpes not mean no proetction at the borders. i'm ok with some of the ice things, but let's not go overbaord because of scare tactics by racists. 

This is fucking hacky.  "Open season"? WTF? Ice agents go after those that have clearly broken the laws (above and beyond just being here illegally).  Knock off this racist shit.  SEE!?  This is what I mean.

• USA Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Illegal killer....Suspect worked at farm tied to Republican farmer

Source: Seattle Post Intelligencer

The immigrant from Mexico charged in the kidnapping and murder of an Iowa college student worked at a dairy farm owned by the family of a prominent state Republican leader. 

Yarrabee Farms said in a statement that Cristhian Bahena Rivera had worked at its farms for the last four years and was an employee in good standing. The company said it was shocked to hear that Rivera had been charged in the death of 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts. 

Spokesman Dane Lang said Tuesday night that Yarrabee Farms is a "small family farm" owned by him and his father, Craig Lang, who has long been a prominent Iowa farmer and political figure. 

Craig Lang previously served as president of the Iowa Farm Bureau and president of the Iowa Board of Regents, which governs the state's public universities. In June, he lost a close GOP primary in the race for state agriculture secretary. 

Read more: https://www.seattlepi.com/news/education/article/mollie-tibbetts-death-missing-iowa-how-did-suspect-13171225.php  

I feel unseemly posting something like this, but if you saw any of the right-wing nutjobs over the past 24 hours, they were playing a disgusting game of "king-of-the-hill" to see who could stand atop this young woman's grave for political gain. 

Although this "should" be that last thing that one is concerned with regarding this terrible and senseless killing, this should put a damper on the sick fucking Retrumplicans that are going to use this girls murder to foster hatred.

Why don't you post outrage at the fact no one will sit down and do something about immigration.  Oh ya...... lets wait till after November.  Maybe then it again will be a big talking point. 

43 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Illegals who have phony SS#'s help the govt collect alot of taxes that they will most likely keep. Especially SS contributions. I am not surprised that they arent "cracking down" on employers. Employers who pay them cash (or any employee cash) are already vulnerable to the IRS for tax evasion. They put people in jail for that. 

52 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

um, you did. you said allowing people to have more guns in that atmosphere. the majority of the deaths there are not gang members shooting innocent people. while it does happen oaccsionally, the innocent people have weaponry. in addiition to all this, analer stated CC already exists. 

2113487149_giphy.gif.cf(18).gif.7076b7b532cefd16da520fabbbb712f1.gif

Illinois, Especially Cook Countys CC laws are pathetic. You know nothing about CC.

31 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ooooops. Poor Jay. :lol:  

If you agree with that dumb fuck, you're just as dumb as he is.

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

stfu, mr. "the answer to the crimes in chicago is giving more people guns"

:lmao:

Give ALL the law abiding citizens over 21 a course in gun use and safety, then give them ALL a weapon suitable for home defense and watch what happens to the shooting rate in chitown. 

a week and that hood would be a diferent place.  all these bangers that think people  respect them  would see they are nothing but trash that needs to be taken to the curb.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

The hatred is valid.  Enough already with you fuck heads and your "DOWN WITH AMERICA!" chants.

You are the weak and the stupid.  Period.  The fact you don't see any massive hypocrisy in this idiotic post of yours proves it.  Can you just die already?  Take some of your crew with you.  Ask for help if you need it.

What a fuckin load of hot air Comrade. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Many of us have said hiring illegal immigrants is a problem with both parties for different reasons.  Democraps want the votes RINO's want the labor.   I let the Chamber of Commerce rep have it every time they come to my facility.   Haven't seen them now in a few years.  

Probably wouldn't go anywhere but I still hope Mollie's family sues their ass off.  

This is a perfect example of how some conservatives can be critical of their own "side."   Something you libtards simply won't do.  

I can tell you talking with some of my workers and others in my community the outrage over this is robust.

Not a peep on FOX news 

50 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That would be kind cool though...dontcha think?  Get all "Negan" on a mother fucker!  :lol:

Image result for negan pissing pants gif

:lol: Yea , but all that would come out when you cracked their skulls is air.  That's all that in there. Zero brain at all :lol:

3 minutes ago, old indy said:

Give ALL the law abiding citizens over 21 a course in gun use and safety, then give them ALL a weapon suitable for home defense and watch what happens to the shooting rate in chitown. 

a week and that hood would be a diferent place.  all these bangers that think people  respect them  would see they are nothing but trash that needs to be taken to the curb.

Dumb fuck Shitslinger says  "gang bangers" aren't the problem :lol: