Check your account email address ×

Private payrolls boom in July, increasing by 219,000 vs 185,000 estimate

Private payrolls in the U.S. increased by more than expected last month as companies get a boost from lower corporate taxes, ADP and Moody's Analytics said Wednesday.

Jobs in the U.S. increased by 219,000 in July, while economists polled by Reuters expected a gain of 185,000. July's job gains were the best since February, when 241,000 jobs were added. Jobs growth for the previous month was also revised up to 181,000 from 177,000.

"The job market is booming, impacted by the deficit-financed tax cuts and increases in government spending," said Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody's Analytics, in a statement. "Tariffs have yet to materially impact jobs, but the multinational companies shed jobs last month, signaling the threat."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/01/adp-private-payrolls-increase-by-219000-vs-185000-estimate.html

I’ve asked for examples of businesses hiring workers solely because they got a tax break and nobody can provide any. Only in trump world does a company get a break in taxes, then turn around and hire workers to stand around doing nothing. Demand creates jobs dumb fucks, not tax breaks. :lol:

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We have already bypassed last years record numbers by the end of July, we are now pushing out any new orders to next year for delivery. 

Thanks Obama.

We can't find or keep people on our production/assembly floor or warehouse.  It is past crazy.

Where did Dave go? Hey dude, there’s a chart in this link showing obama employment number increases. Explain how all those jobs were created, without giving huge tax breaks away

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/07/508600239/what-kind-of-jobs-president-has-obama-been-in-8-charts

@DAVE

Edited by Snoslinger

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I’ve asked for examples of businesses hiring workers solely because they got a tax break and nobody can provide any. Only in trump world does a company get a break in taxes, then turn around and hire workers to stand around doing nothing. Demand creates jobs dumb fucks, not tax breaks. :lol:

Hiring workers or spending capital, cause I am seeing a shit load of the latter that leads to the former and if you are not seeing it, then there is something wrong with what you are doing.

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Where did Dave go? Hey dude, there’s a chart in this link showing obama employment number increases. Explain how all those jobs were created, without giving huge tax breaks away

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/07/508600239/what-kind-of-jobs-president-has-obama-been-in-8-charts

@DAVE

You said no jobs would be created by tax breaks...this has nothing to do with Obama.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Hiring workers or spending capital, cause I am seeing a shit load of the latter that leads to the former and if you are not seeing it, then there is something wrong with what you are doing.

By the end of this week, I will have submitted or signed off on over a million in capital equipment for this fiscal year and we might spend another half if we can get it justified.  

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

By the end of this week, I will have submitted or signed off on over a million in capital equipment for this fiscal year and we might spend another half if we can get it justified.  

We did better than that this month alone.

9 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

We had record payrolls in July, so did all of my competitors. Not surprised one bit. 

If you aren't  kicking it now, well . . . .

Edited by ArcticCrusher

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We did better than that this month alone.

If you are doing kicking it now, well . . . .

I was told to expect around October 1st, for our parent company to come in and say anything you can have bought and delivered by the end of the month, go nuts.  

Eyeing up replacing a few unsightly machines in the facility.

22 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Nope, I am not seeing anything different than the slow, steady climb that we have experiencing for several years. I suspect you’re not either , but won’t admit it. 

18 minutes ago, DAVE said:

You said no jobs would be created by tax breaks...this has nothing to do with Obama.

I said tax breaks are not big job creators. Now I’m sure you could find a few jobs here and there jay fools be attributed to a tax break, but there minimal. Like a company deciding to fix a faulty, problematic piece of equipment. But you clowns like to think trump tax breaks are causing all this, when they are not. We have history to prove that, something you deflected from, rather poorly