Check your account email address ×

Private payrolls boom in July, increasing by 219,000 vs 185,000 estimate

25 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

We had record payrolls in July, so did all of my competitors. Not surprised one bit. 

Well at least you have been reporting good things for years. These other twats, only starting Jan 22 2017

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Nope, I am not seeing anything different than the slow, steady climb that we have experiencing for several years. I suspect you’re not either , but won’t admit it. 

All my suppliers and competitors must be lying to me as well then.  :lol:

23 minutes ago, DAVE said:

This isnt about obama. Slinger said tax breaks would not create jobs....and they have. Sbyl

I'd contribute it more to increased spending than tax cuts. I talked with a buddy of mine who runs the Capital projects Dept for a large govt agency. He told me they just received a billion dollars. That's one agency. So I'm going to predict this party is gonna roll for at least another 2 years. And this is illinois, they don't have any money which tells you they got a shitload of fed money. 

11 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Well at least you have been reporting good things for years. These other twats, only starting Jan 22 2017

2014 was an epic year also. This year was more hectic. 

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Put it this way, you weren’t in here rubbing one off when things picked up for you in the obama years :news:

No but I did give Obama his due.  He faught for small corps against master supplier agreements and 120 day procurement s from large corps.  I know when to acknowl3dge his positives.

• Gold Member

This year has been the first year in 20 plus years in my trade.  I have been scared to apply for a job somewhere else cause I am very well regarded and compensated in my current role....  I applied for a position in the trade not long ago and got paid well to even interview!!!  It was almost an offer I couldn’t refuse that would have took bohica international....  loyalty is a bitch!!!  It is fricken nuts out there for sure.

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

This year has been the first year in 20 plus years in my trade.  I have been scared to apply for a job somewhere else cause I am very well regarded and compensated in my current role....  I applied for a position in the trade not long ago and got paid well to even interview!!!  It was almost an offer I couldn’t refuse that would have took bohica international....  loyalty is a bitch!!!  It is fricken nuts out there for sure.

Unions hold people back.  Lol.

35 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I'd contribute it more to increased spending than tax cuts. I talked with a buddy of mine who runs the Capital projects Dept for a large govt agency. He told me they just received a billion dollars. That's one agency. So I'm going to predict this party is gonna roll for at least another 2 years. And this is illinois, they don't have any money which tells you they got a shitload of fed money. 

Increased because of tax cuts

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Unions hold people back.  Lol.

I can still pay my dues no matter where I work and I would.  Once I get my wife through her doctorate program I have my eye on a meter reading job at my local non union utility....  will keep up my dues and just put it in non working status is all.

8 hours ago, DAVE said:

Whats that got to do with anything?

It explains that there was large Government spending increases.

Can you name one time in the last 40 years when tax cuts weren't accompanied by increased spending?

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

We can't find or keep people on our production/assembly floor or warehouse.  It is past crazy.

Going to have to bump up those wages to remain competitive. Hmmmmm....

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Why do the Obama years look so good.....:news:

Well, we know they were quite adept at moving numbers to make the GDP look good, so may be all their numbers are suspect..... :bc:

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Did it for a month. Said "This doesn't seem like a good idea now, does it?"

Unreal.

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Why do the Obama years look so good.....:news:

It's CNN.  You know, your mother ship.  Why do Bush years look so bad?

Is it hard to be so stupid?  Nawwww...probably pretty easy.  Go finish your reclaimed Menard's material workshop.  :lol:

Loser.