Check your account email address ×

The tragically hip

If you would like to see the Hip in their beginning this is a great video from 1990 before many hits to come.  You will hear a bunch of song you don't hear often. Personally I find the band musically tight and really one of a kind.

1 hour of High Energy

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2016 at 10:07 AM, 1trailmaker said:

11 million viewers watched this concert and you claim this is a photo op, how fucking stupid.

Did you even listen to what Gordie said during the concert?

Right wing making a great night of music into being about Trudeau really shows how fucked up you are

It was more like 4 million (steady) or about the same # that tune into watch the Big Bang Theory every week on CTV. No Press photograhpers were allow at the concert except for Trudeaus personal guy....of course. All other news outlets didn't run the pic other than you guessed it the ceeb.

On 8/27/2016 at 8:00 PM, 1trailmaker said:

If you would like to see the Hip in their beginning this is a great video from 1990 before many hits to come.  You will hear a bunch of song you don't hear often. Personally I find the band musically tight and really one of a kind.

1 hour of High Energy

Smokes and glass bottles at a concert, luv it.

23 hours ago, 500ssman said:

It was more like 4 million (steady) or about the same # that tune into watch the Big Bang Theory every week on CTV. No Press photograhpers were allow at the concert except for Trudeaus personal guy....of course. All other news outlets didn't run the pic other than you guessed it the ceeb.

Hey King of Anti Canada

You really need to get out more,  I have never watched Big Bang Theory in a back yard screen with 20 people and I assume most people would say the same thing.

Big Bang would have ranked #9 in the Canadian TV ratings with 1.63 million viewers

So roughly you are completely wrong

by the way you are out to lunch

This is right from the Band who assures us that only the Band photographer was present during the Kingston show PERIOD

Just read a piece on cbc.ca that repeats the false claim that photo of GD & JT hugging was taken by JTs photographer. Wrong. Our guy took it

You should be more concerned with Harper trying to take center stage dance like a fool in the middle of the floors while Trudeau sat in his seat way up high

53 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Hey King of Anti Canada

You really need to get out more,  I have never watched Big Bang Theory in a back yard screen with 20 people and I assume most people would say the same thing.

Big Bang would have ranked #9 in the Canadian TV ratings with 1.63 million viewers

So roughly you are completely wrong

by the way you are out to lunch

This is right from the Band who assures us that only the Band photographer was present during the Kingston show PERIOD

Just read a piece on cbc.ca that repeats the false claim that photo of GD & JT hugging was taken by JTs photographer. Wrong. Our guy took it

You should be more concerned with Harper trying to take center stage dance like a fool in the middle of the floors while Trudeau sat in his seat way up high

Hilarious as usual.... but why expect anything else.

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Would need it to sit through an entire hour of that crap.

I'm not a fan of their music either. Some people make out like they were the greatest band ever. If Gord Downie wasn't terminally ill they wouldn't fill a small town hockey arena.

October 2014 they had a free outdoor concert in downtown Toronto (Yonge / Dundas Square) It's a really small venue for a concert. Other insignificant events have drawn as many as or more people in the same space.

Capture1.JPG

Their final tour this summer saw ticket prices for their Vancouver show drop as low as $39.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/tragically-hip-tickets-price-drop-dramatically-for-vancouver-show-1.2999872

I spent more than that for a play in Penetanguishene this summer.

Edited by 02sled

• Platinum Contributing Member

ACC was on just about everyone of The Hip tours for the last 10-15 years.

They sold out all the smaller venues they played in Canada.

I was at there show when they played the Centre-n-the-Square theater here in Kitchener a few years ago, not one empty seat. In the last year I've seen ZZ Top and David Crosby in the same theater and neither sold out.

No one said they were the "greatest band ever". What they were was the greatest "Canadian" band ever, at least in my book and for many others. Sure, there are bands like Rush, Neil Young and Crazy Horse and the Guess Who but those bands had much of their success outside of Canada as well as at home. The Tragically Hip were super stars at home while the rest of the world essentially ignored them. They were just too Canadian.

50 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

ACC was on just about everyone of The Hip tours for the last 10-15 years.

They sold out all the smaller venues they played in Canada.

I was at there show when they played the Centre-n-the-Square theater here in Kitchener a few years ago, not one empty seat. In the last year I've seen ZZ Top and David Crosby in the same theater and neither sold out.

No one said they were the "greatest band ever". What they were was the greatest "Canadian" band ever, at least in my book and for many others. Sure, there are bands like Rush, Neil Young and Crazy Horse and the Guess Who but those bands had much of their success outside of Canada as well as at home. The Tragically Hip were super stars at home while the rest of the world essentially ignored them. They were just too Canadian.

Very popular Canadian band that sang about Canadian things and not ashamed of it in the same tradition as Stompin Tom :bc: 

19 hours ago, 02sled said:

I'm not a fan of their music either. Some people make out like they were the greatest band ever. If Gord Downie wasn't terminally ill they wouldn't fill a small town hockey arena.

October 2014 they had a free outdoor concert in downtown Toronto (Yonge / Dundas Square) It's a really small venue for a concert. Other insignificant events have drawn as many as or more people in the same space.

Capture1.JPG

Their final tour this summer saw ticket prices for their Vancouver show drop as low as $39.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/tragically-hip-tickets-price-drop-dramatically-for-vancouver-show-1.2999872

I spent more than that for a play in Penetanguishene this summer.

Do you have any idea how many people were at both Buffalo shows (rain out), Niagara on the Lake and Bobcaygeon ?? You're daffed man and dragging Gord's condition into it to support your opinion sucks ass.

There is an inexplicable groove to Gord and their music, you either get it or you don't.