Check your account email address ×

The tragically hip

16 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Do you have any idea how many people were at both Buffalo shows (rain out), Niagara on the Lake and Bobcaygeon ?? You're daffed man and dragging Gord's condition into it to support your opinion sucks ass.

There is an inexplicable groove to Gord and their music, you either get it or you don't. 

Obviously you are one of the people that like their music. To each their own. The band itself capitalized on his unfortunate illness and prognosis. He made an announcement about his tragic situation dragging his condition into it himself and then announced they would be going on one last tour. 

Do you really think the demand for tickets would have been anywhere close to the levels they were if not for his announcement. Even with that Vancouver tickets were being sold for $39.

i feel for him and his family but reality is they pulled in a lot more money from ticket sales and rights sold than they would have had he not announced his illness beforehand. Do you really think True Dope would have been in Kingston otherwise.

Blackstar mentioned they sold out Kitchener and played ACC but didn't say that ACC was a sell out. Yes they are successful, yes they have a following of faithful fans. I am just not buying into the greatest thing to hit music like some here would suggest. 

Edited by 02sled

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Obviously you are one of the people that like their music. To each their own. The band itself capitalized on his unfortunate illness and prognosis. He made an announcement about his tragic situation dragging his condition into it himself and then announced they would be going on one last tour. 

Do you really think the demand for tickets would have been anywhere close to the levels they were if not for his announcement. Even with that Vancouver tickets were being sold for $39.

i feel for him and his family but reality is they pulled in a lot more money from ticket sales and rights sold than they would have had he not announced his illness beforehand. Do you really think True Dope would have been in Kingston otherwise.

Duh...of course they did...people wanted to see him one last time....get over it already.

Edited by Dave

29 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Blackstar mentioned they sold out Kitchener and played ACC but didn't say that ACC was a sell out. Yes they are successful, yes they have a following of faithful fans. I am just not buying into the greatest thing to hit music like some here would suggest. 

Not sure we're you get your information from ACC sold out two nights tickets were going for like 2k a pair :guzzle: 

25 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Not sure we're you get your information from ACC sold out two nights tickets were going for like 2k a pair :guzzle: 

I just said that Blackstar pointed out that they sold out Kitchener which isn't I don't imagine a huge venue. He also mentioned that they played the ACC but HE didn't make any mention of them selling out the ACC. Since I don't care for their music I don't particularly follow when or where their concerts are or whether they sell out ACC. Anyone that would pay $2k a pair for a concert has way too much money.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

That's one pathetic attitude, just stick to liking other music.

The band sold cheap tickets thru Tickmaster and capitalized on nothing, face value on my tickets was $85. How the fuck did the band capitalize on that ? The aftermarket debacle was purely demand driven and the Hip did not profit from that at all.

Being a fan you'd recognize that Gord was saying goodbye and thanks. He posed and expressed himself repeatedly, he framed pictures through his hands for himself and painted pictures for his own memory. You just don't get it, no need to slag a dying man and his closest friends. 

23 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I just said that Blackstar pointed out that they sold out Kitchener which isn't I don't imagine a huge venue. He also mentioned that they played the ACC but HE didn't make any mention of them selling out the ACC. Since I don't care for their music I don't particularly follow when or where their concerts are or whether they sell out ACC. Anyone that would pay $2k a pair for a concert has way too much money.

Yah well they were something like $12K a pair for the Kingston show :nuts:

40 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yes they are, saw Tom Cochrane in concert years back.

I will always remember Tom Cochrane as the guy who forgot his countries words to the national anthem.....

31 minutes ago, 02sled said:

2k might be alot for you...but im sure its chicken scratch for a baller like momo.