Check your account email address ×

Miles Per Gallon?

3 minutes ago, Legend said:

I had to ride a 12 or 13 M8 one day a few years ago. That fuckin thing used almost twice as much gas as the rmks. And had much less power. Granted it was stock, and none of our own rmks are stock.

I was riding with Tired Iron and Jammin one time and Larry was just tooling along setting pace in the front and Jammin and I were screwing around racing and hammering corners behind him etc etc. Larry rode a pretty steady 30 mph and when we got to the pump after about a 50 mile jaunt he took 2.4 mpg :lol: that was a 600cfi switchback. 2010 .....I had never seen a sled get 20mpg before that but it did it. My 1200 doo got the same 12 mpg it always did no matter how I rode it 

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Almost never fails, most sleds I ride are getting 9.5 to 10.5 per gallon.  My IQR gets 6.4

Racing jets?

40 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I have no idea what mpgs im getting because I ride with arctic cats who never pass a gas station so we have to fill up every 25 miles...

You ride like a girl. :lmao:

30 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Same here. My IQRR is the biggest pig ever. Thing gets 2 gallons per mile it seems sometimes. 

You must have racing jets in that too I’m assuming?  I think the iQRR has the same carb set up.

:dunno:

@AKIQPilot. ??

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

all that gas for so little performance.....its a fucking travesty and you flat brim mohawk helmet faggots deserve every bit of it :lol: fucking posers 

:lol:

Pheyg.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Racing jets?

You ride like a girl. :lmao:

You must have racing jets in that too I’m assuming?  I think the iQRR has the same carb set up.

:dunno:

@AKIQPilot. ??

:lol:

Pheyg.

No, I completely overhauled the carbs. Still a pig. Likes blowing ves bellows too. Piece of shit.

11 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

No, I completely overhauled the carbs. Still a pig. Likes blowing ves bellows too. Piece of shit.

6 mpg though?  Seems a bit low unless you are hammering the shit of it.  Did you swap jets out?

27 minutes ago, Legend said:

I had to ride a 12 or 13 M8 one day a few years ago. That fuckin thing used almost twice as much gas as the rmks. And had much less power. Granted it was stock, and none of our own rmks are stock.

bull fucking shit . I ride a 14M8 before that a 11M8 and so all the way back to the 1M s  at the pump at the end of the day every fucking time the RMK's and M8s are with in a gallon .

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

6 mpg though?  Seems a bit low unless you are hammering the shit of it.  Did you swap jets out?

Of course I changed them out. Pilots, mains, needle position, everything. It’s a lot better. Still two tanks to one etec 800 tank.  I keep blowing exhaust bellows. That is really pissing me off... 

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Of course I changed them out. Pilots, mains, needle position, everything. It’s a lot better. Still two tanks to one etec 800 tank.  I keep blowing exhaust bellows. That is really pissing me off... 

Just take them out and JB weld the valve ports shut!!!!! 

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

you could buy a cfr1k and instead of using twice as much fuel and going half as fast you could be going twice as fast and using half as much fuel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111

that was some serious math shit there.....like advanced algebra

Just now, Poncho said:

About 13- 14 mpg with my 2010 1200 and 14 -15 mpg with my 17 XCR 800

this was about exactly what I saw too.....only mine was 12-13 with the 1200 and 13-14 with the 800ho poo

I'm guessing I'm getting between 10-12 for the kind of riding we're doing, about a quart every 125 miles.  Last two weekends we put more than 500 miles on each weekend.  Spent about 450-500 for two weekends of riding in gas and oil. :flush: 

Just now, f7ben said:

this was about exactly what I saw too.....only mine was 12-13 with the 1200 and 13-14 with the 800ho poo

Yes me too the 1200 are about the same as the 800 series engines, within a gallon or two if you fill them both accordingly.

5 minutes ago, thewayout said:

My 600 etec was awesome on fuel, the xcr isn’t by comparison. She was thirsty drinking etec tears this past weekend :lol: 

Etec tears are the sweetest! :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

you could buy a cfr1k and instead of using twice as much fuel and going half as fast you could be going twice as fast and using half as much fuel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111

that was some serious math shit there.....like advanced algebra

If i wanted a sled for trails only, it would be the XCR switchback. In blue. That’s a sexy fuckin sled.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Hmmm....Im sure you’ve checked the obvious.  I don’t know much about the Poo set up but surely you can get some advice on it.  I believe it’s fairly common.  

How long have you been popping them?

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Hmmm....Im sure you’ve checked the obvious.  I don’t know much about the Poo set up but surely you can get some advice on it.  I believe it’s fairly common.  

How long have you been popping them?

I talked to Tom when i first bought it and some guru out in Iowa who owns a dealership that specializes in them. 

But the all black xcr sb.... I’ll take one over the blue. 

E49A766A-711D-42C2-80AE-442CB0D1D1C5.jpeg.3221961990757151d775514f9c81b987.jpeg

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I talked to Tom when i first bought it and some guru out in Iowa who owns a dealership that specializes in them. 

But the all black xcr sb.... I’ll take one over the blue. 

E49A766A-711D-42C2-80AE-442CB0D1D1C5.jpeg.3221961990757151d775514f9c81b987.jpeg

Ballin. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I said 2x as fast ....not 1.5x as fast

I don’t need 2x. The ergos on the xcr and assault are just awesome. I’m stoked to pick one next year. Think the xcr makes more sense living in no snow country and then long track and drop a 800 in the IQRR. Idk. We will see next fall.